Do you believe the DNA/spit test ancestry products?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Do you believe the DNA/spit test ancestry products?

Post by alliesmama4 »

Forgot to mention I am a distant cousin of Abraham Lincoln on his Mother's side. George Clooney and Tom Hanks also claim to be related to him on his mother's side. In fact one of my male cousins somewhat resembles Tom Hanks. I thought I was related to royalty through Abraham Lincoln but that went through the male line. I read an article that stated that all American presidents can be traced backed to royalty. This was before the last election so not sure about you know who..
Janet Alliesmama
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

I've taken the test, but have yet to really do anything much with it. I did reconnect with a first cousin with a few emails but then they stopped. One of these days I will go and look.

I am disappointed however as Ancestry has changed the formula for their pattern and while my Italian heritage showed up in the first sampling, in the third it doesn't at all.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:50 am I've taken the test, but have yet to really do anything much with it. I did reconnect with a first cousin with a few emails but then they stopped. One of these days I will go and look.

I am disappointed however as Ancestry has changed the formula for their pattern and while my Italian heritage showed up in the first sampling, in the third it doesn't at all.
Gosh I wonder what happened to the Italian heritage gene?
Janet Alliesmama
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

I only wish I knew what happened to the Italian in me. With names like Scalabrini (my grandfather's name) and Genesini (my grandmother's maiden name)? I mean . . .

As I said when I first took the test it had included Italy in the sampling set, then they changed it and it became less and then they changed it a third time and it's disappeared. Strange.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:30 pm I only wish I knew what happened to the Italian in me. With names like Scalabrini (my grandfather's name) and Genesini (my grandmother's maiden name)? I mean . . .

As I said when I first took the test it had included Italy in the sampling set, then they changed it and it became less and then they changed it a third time and it's disappeared. Strange.
Very strange. I would contact them and see how come it has disappeared. A name can be just a name. We were originally French but when we immigrated to Scotland our name changed somewhat in spelling and that was centuries ago. Like when people came to the US sometimes their names were sometimes changed to blend in better with the area that they settled in. Genetics is what is the true indicator of heritage. However the fact that you had Italian and then not that is weird.
Janet Alliesmama