Oct 27, 2019 Daily check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
littlemiss63

Re: Oct 27, 2019 Daily check-in

Post by littlemiss63 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Another terrible week-ends for storms,needed the rain but not the straight winds that damages properties. I have 3 rentals in the same part of town and they all three had trees uprooted and wind damage. My insurance company is going to love me as they are all insured by the same company. Oh well, that is the way things go. Off course, premiums will go up next year.

I haven't accomplished a whole lot today, but I'm going to get productive when I finish this post. I need to pick up fruit at the grocery and take my trash off. The trash dump was closed early yesterday because of the bad weather so I didn't get it hauled yesterday.

Clem, I posted you a shout out in the recipes by mistake, thought I did it on the Daily Check-In. Please post me your recipe for the Crockpot Chicken and Dressing. I thought I had it, but have misplaced.

Gayle, bless your heart you are having a time and please listen to us when we tell you that you need to not do as much as you are trying to do. You will regret this in the long run if you don't. I know how hard it is to not have to do things with five children and a cantankerous husband, but you've just got to.

I will have a full week and will be going to our family reunion next week-end. Really looking forward to it. I hope everyone has a great week.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:08 pm

Little Miss - here is the recipe i use.

https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2015/02/creamy-crockpot-chicken-stuffing-green-beans.html

I've used frozen chicken breasts, sometimes cream of chicken with herbs or mushrooms.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:14 pm

Slept well last night

The pups again didnt make a peep until almost 8! This cooler weather really helps with sleeping.

Had my coffee and got ready to go do my bi-weekly volunteer gig at the church. I buy breakfast at the DQ first. Takes us a few hours to finish our task.

The sun is shining, no wind. Not as cold. In the 70s. Just going to read all the articles on the latest happening. I refuse to watch it on TV. I'd have to shut it off too.

Enjoy

Take care of yourself Gayle. Help i am a wuss and i just have a sore arm and ribs. Don't know how you do it.

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:20 pm

clemencia2us wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:08 pm
Little Miss - here is the recipe i use.

https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2015/02/creamy-crockpot-chicken-stuffing-green-beans.html

I've used frozen chicken breasts, sometimes cream of chicken with herbs or mushrooms.
Thanks so much.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:45 pm

Check out the rest of her crockpot recipes

The mississippi roast looks interesting

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:36 pm

Hey Clem -
This is the recipe I made last month that I was raving about. Only mine didn't have the green beans. Hubs absolutely loved it and I found 4 hours on high cooked boneless chicken breasts perfectly.

Didn't Patty give us a chicken and dressing recipe made with cornbread? I remember everyone raved about it. I miss Patty - I hope she is doing ok health wise.