Daily Check-in October 31, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in October 31, 2019

Post by clemencia2us » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:30 am

yes - it is chilly here today in south texas

But the sun is out! And the wind has stopped blowing. About 39 degrees.

Slept well. The pack has already been out running around. The bigger dogs love this weather.

Going to be a cold Halloween.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:36 am

alliesmama4 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:30 am
Gayle glad you opted to get the chemo. I would rather be proactive like you are doing. Glad it will not be a long course of treatment also.
As I listened to him explain the options, my children kept coming into my mind, and that was really the main deciding factor for me. I want to be with my children, and not go through this again; I told him that too. He kinda teared up when I mentioned my children.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:37 am

clemencia2us wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:30 am
yes - it is chilly here today in south texas

But the sun is out! And the wind has stopped blowing. About 39 degrees.

Slept well. The pack has already been out running around. The bigger dogs love this weather.

Going to be a cold Halloween.
Oh brrr!! That Is Cold!!

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:38 am

Good morning to all and shivering for those of you who are in below freezing temps right now.

We're forecasted the mid to high 60s today and humid with rain on and off all day. Doesn't bother me as I have no plans to go out.

Started the day with the 7:30 gripe call from my sister. I don't know how anyone can live their life griping about EVERYTHING. If only she'd realize she'd be a whole deal happier if she didn't wake up with the first thing being a complaint coming out of her mouth. Maybe if she got up and got right on the computer and played a game she enjoys maybe she'd be in a better mood the rest of the day. I'm SO glad that I'm the complete opposite of her.

Did my Thursday chores early and am working on a coloring page. It's actually the 3rd time I've started it over for one reason or another. It's also a bit more difficult because there is no sunlight and my dining area light has only an equivalency of a 100 watt bulb and it's a bit busier than the pages I normally attempt. My sister said she wishes she could get interested in coloring but she gets bored after a few minutes. I told her I can't color for hours either, an hour or an hour and a half. But she actually doesn't understand that it's not the coloring itself; it's that it's relaxing and when I go to my weekly group it's the camaraderie that is the attraction.

Last night I made thin spaghetti for dinner instead of the thicker pasta (shells, ziti, etc.) and can't believe how much I enjoyed it for a change. I've also come to find that I actually like the Great Value brand of spaghetti sauce which is less than $1 a jar. I can typically get 2-3 servings from it depending on how much pasta I make initially. I might take the remaining and pour it into two smaller containers and freeze it for making sausage parm or chicken parm.

Good news on the grocery budget front, I came in under budget by almost $50 this month and that's not easy considering prices in my "lower" priced store have been going up as well . . . woohoo!

Tonight for dinner is a pork chop, potato and veggie. I would really like some flavored rice but I haven't really bought any for quite some time as rice really isn't weight friendly. I will be buying a package this coming week though because I want it so badly I can taste it.

Well going to go for now. Hope everyone has a great day.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:50 am

LogicsHere wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:38 am
Good morning to all and shivering for those of you who are in below freezing temps right now.

We're forecasted the mid to high 60s today and humid with rain on and off all day. Doesn't bother me as I have no plans to go out.

Started the day with the 7:30 gripe call from my sister. I don't know how anyone can live their life griping about EVERYTHING. If only she'd realize she'd be a whole deal happier if she didn't wake up with the first thing being a complaint coming out of her mouth. Maybe if she got up and got right on the computer and played a game she enjoys maybe she'd be in a better mood the rest of the day. I'm SO glad that I'm the complete opposite of her.

Did my Thursday chores early and am working on a coloring page. It's actually the 3rd time I've started it over for one reason or another. It's also a bit more difficult because there is no sunlight and my dining area light has only an equivalency of a 100 watt bulb and it's a bit busier than the pages I normally attempt. My sister said she wishes she could get interested in coloring but she gets bored after a few minutes. I told her I can't color for hours either, an hour or an hour and a half. But she actually doesn't understand that it's not the coloring itself; it's that it's relaxing and when I go to my weekly group it's the camaraderie that is the attraction.

Last night I made thin spaghetti for dinner instead of the thicker pasta (shells, ziti, etc.) and can't believe how much I enjoyed it for a change. I've also come to find that I actually like the Great Value brand of spaghetti sauce which is less than $1 a jar. I can typically get 2-3 servings from it depending on how much pasta I make initially. I might take the remaining and pour it into two smaller containers and freeze it for making sausage parm or chicken parm.

Good news on the grocery budget front, I came in under budget by almost $50 this month and that's not easy considering prices in my "lower" priced store have been going up as well . . . woohoo!

Tonight for dinner is a pork chop, potato and veggie. I would really like some flavored rice but I haven't really bought any for quite some time as rice really isn't weight friendly. I will be buying a package this coming week though because I want it so badly I can taste it.

Well going to go for now. Hope everyone has a great day.
Logics look into resistant starch. I have been working it more and more in to my diet. What the theory is that rice,potatoes, and pasta can be consumed more easily and cut down on their carb affect if they are cooked and allowed to cool before they are consumed. I am not up to writing all of the information but it does allow these foods to be consumed a lot more easily.

Congrats on coming in under budget on your groceries. That is always a good feeling.
Janet Alliesmama

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:27 pm

Good afternoon

Cold and raining again, with snow on the way. Don't know if we'll get trick-or-treaters tonight, but we're ready.

Went out in the garden and got the last of the peppers and a few small green tomatoes. (I always wish I had another month: the peppers get their second wind in mid to late October.)

May or may not look at curtain rods at the other Walmart. We still have to move furniture for the window glass installation.

Dinner will be pasta using the last of the basil.

Gayle, I certainly understand your decision. Glad it will be a short course of treatment. And sorry to hear about that wreck, but glad your DH's driver is OK.