Daily Check-in October 31, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
jckitty

Re: Daily Check-in October 31, 2019

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,
The weather world for here today is... soggy. It is picking up wind and the leaves are falling fast. I can't even tell where I had blown them all away. It does look pretty with the colored leaves swirling down and around....I will enjoy them now and worry about clean up later.

I slept so hard last night that I woke up with a head ache and brain fog. It is because of the weather... relates to fibro.

DD brought home pizza last night....she had a hankering and so we had pizza. I will be making chicken and mashed potatoes tonight. Deviled eggs, salad and corn will round everything out.

Gayle, I would have made the same call...continued prays for you.
I have my wood stove going, it feels good while watching the rain...cozy.
Off to peel eggs and devil them...chop salad and then rest and read.
have a good day all,
JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Just heard from my Dr and he said the polyp was benign but that due to the location he feels it should be removed. He is sending the information to the hospital in St. Louis, MO and they will call me to make arrangements. I have gastritis but he does not know the cause. He has increased the medication I have from my nurse practitioner and we will see how things go. I mentioned my low B-12 to him and he was surprised at how low it is despite receiving B-12 shots. He said I may need to see someone that deals more with things in that area. Anyway relieved that the gastritis is not the kind that can turn cancerous. The sever pain that I have from time to time in my left chest area he does not feel it is related to a gastric problem and my nurse practitioner does not think it is heart related. He said I might need for her to do a scan or ultrasound. However we will try the medication for a couple of weeks just to see what happens. I am feeling relieved about everything.
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

alliesmama4 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:25 pm Just heard from my Dr and he said the polyp was benign but that due to the location he feels it should be removed. He is sending the information to the hospital in St. Louis, MO and they will call me to make arrangements. I have gastritis but he does not know the cause. He has increased the medication I have from my nurse practitioner and we will see how things go. I mentioned my low B-12 to him and he was surprised at how low it is despite receiving B-12 shots. He said I may need to see someone that deals more with things in that area. Anyway relieved that the gastritis is not the kind that can turn cancerous. The sever pain that I have from time to time in my left chest area he does not feel it is related to a gastric problem and my nurse practitioner does not think it is heart related. He said I might need for her to do a scan or ultrasound. However we will try the medication for a couple of weeks just to see what happens. I am feeling relieved about everything.
I'm glad that the reports give you some peace of mind. (And BTW, the snow has reached here ... coming down pretty good.)
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:58 am Hello friends,

Cold today now too, 4*F (-15-5556 C), with realfeel of 0*F ( -17.7778 C), though temps are slated to rise to 26*F.

Our drive to Salt Lake yesterday was uneventful, other than seeing a semi truck whose pup trailer had overturned on the snowy-icy road. We’d stopped in Roosevelt on way out, to discuss things with the hospital there, and us doing that gave the farther-out roads time to melt off or dry.

Dh got his things picked up for work, then he made a couple of sales calls, then we went to Trader Joes for GF pie crusts, Then Dh decided we needed GF flours, so we drove across the valley to my fave bulk GF foods store, then we got up to Huntsman.
Dr Ward’s NP Gon (a pretty Asian girl) came in first to go over details of my ‘cancer history,’ then he came in & said, that because my tumor was so small, I’d had a mastectomy, and no cancer was found in my lymph nodes, I could basically consider myself cured and not need chemo. However if I chose that route, then I should know there is a 8-12% chance of cancer returning. IF I was to choose chemo, then my recurrence rate would drop to about 3-5% (funny to me, Dr Matsen said 1-3% chance of recurrence with chemo). As I’ve always felt strongly from the beginning that I needed to do the chemo, I told him yes to chemo.
Then he said because of my small tumor, I would need only do it 1x a week every 3 weeks for a total of 4 doses of chemo, with the last being in mid-January right after my 45th birthday, and adjusting for the holidays.
First visit is Wednesday Nov 6, then all times afterwards would be on Thursdays as they work better with Dh’s work schedule. I’ll add more details later in my cancer update thread.

I had started a bulky yarn men’s hat, but finally got frustrated and frogged it on the trip out. Lol, I even threw the yarn in the backseat (I think I needed to use larger needles). I cast on another hat using Caron Simply Soft yarn, with same pattern as the previous hat, it will be gray with black stripes.

All kids are going to school today, girls so they don't miss the Halloween parties, and boys to keep up on schoolwork. End of trimester is next Friday Nov 8.
I’m actually looking forward to having a day on my own.

Dh took the girls as early as he could, so he could get to a meeting at work.
One of his drivers got in an accident yesterday right about the same time Dr Ward came in to talk to us, about 4pm in sunshine, dry roads. Dh’s driver was slowly coming down the mountain with a load of crushed limestone in both trailers; the other semi was starting up the mountain going twice the posted limit on that curve with an unsecured double-trailer load of scrap metal, and His pup trailer overturned into, and completely smashed, dh’s driver’s semi-tractor and both trailers. In looking at the pictures we were sent, I have no earthly idea how that driver survived, I’m calling it a miracle!!
Dh left me at home at 9:30pm then headed up the mountain as he was soo worried and anxious. He told me that we saw the “good side” of the smashed truck & trailers. For an idea of cost, this tractor-trailer setup is between $500,000 to $800,000—as this was a new tractor and newer trailers 700-800K is the better bet.
Dh is extra stressed now because his trucks are spread around the state, and they’d had the bare minimum working the limestone haul project, I do not know how they’ll cope other then having to haul at night which is dangerous too.

Furnace is running this morning, I should turn lower it and/or build a small fire.

Today I’m soo thankful that Sully is Alive, with only minor scratches.
Gayle, I'm crying tears of joy for you !!! YEAH you !!! :-)

and WOW for your DH getting you your GF flour !!!! WOW !!!!

I am sorry about all of the worry that your DH is under for work

Prayers

IC
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Happy Hallowe'en everyone,

I've had a fun day. This morning I went to walking club and we were all all encouraged to wear a costume. I didn't want to buy one so dug around and decided to wear my Hawaiian sundress with a shell necklace. I wore a shrug over that. It was fun dressing up and made me feel like a kid again!

In the afternoon dh and I decided to go sofa and loveseat shopping for our family room. Our existing furniture is around 40 years old, and while still quite sturdy, the upholstery is a little tired and old. We plan to move the old loveseat upstairs to our tv den and will try to sell the sofa. The sofa bed upstairs in the den will go to the dump. The sun has disintegrated some of the fabric, not to mention that our cat used it as a scratching post when she was a kitten, so it has snags all over. We found a Canadian made duo that we're really interested in, and it's nice that you can customize with fabric choice, leg style and arm rest style. The only drawback is that it takes 4 - 6 weeks to arrive, so we need to make a decision soon if we hope to have it in time for Christmas. I read the reviews on the brand we're planning to buy and they seem very favourable. So I'm almost certain we'll go with this.

Planning on an early dinner so I'm available to hand out treats. We got about 50 children last year and I have plenty for that number. I made a special bag for the sweet 5 year old boy who lives across the street.

Creative
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:43 pm I'm glad that the reports give you some peace of mind. (And BTW, the snow has reached here ... coming down pretty good.)
Thanks Wolf.

I hope you enjoy the snow. I love to watch it fall but ours has all melted away.. However the wind and cold continues. Feel sorry for all of the little Treat or Treater's.
Janet Alliesmama