Venturing out on my own

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Venturing out on my own

Post by mbrudnic »

Ok gang, I did it.

I booked a vacation apartment in Arlington VA, close to a Metro stop for 3 nights next week. Not sure why I am so nervous. If I were going on Business, it would be no big deal. Now I am getting excited.

Then, while I had my credit card out, I decided I was going to take myself to the Philharmonic. Tonight they are doing songs of Roger's and Hammerstein. In college I went by myself to a Concert at an outdoor venue. (Chicago & Beach Boys). I am playing hermit too much. If I cannot find anyone to go with me, I'll go on my own.

Maggie
Carleen

Re: Venturing out on my own

Post by Carleen »

Maggie: YAY for you!!!

When Hubby was working, he'd be away for days and weeks at a time. I retired several years ago and I was left to fend for myself. So, I ventured out by myself and it became my "other life". When he was home, I'd cook and basically became the Wifey. But when he was away, I had places to go and people to see!!!

Do it while you can - now that Hubby is retired, he wants to do everything together! He's a great guy buy I need my space!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Good for you Maggie. Step out in faith and have fun!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Enjoy your visit.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

You go girl!
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

mbrudnic wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:06 am Ok gang, I did it.

I booked a vacation apartment in Arlington VA, close to a Metro stop for 3 nights next week. Not sure why I am so nervous. If I were going on Business, it would be no big deal. Now I am getting excited.

Then, while I had my credit card out, I decided I was going to take myself to the Philharmonic. Tonight they are doing songs of Roger's and Hammerstein. In college I went by myself to a Concert at an outdoor venue. (Chicago & Beach Boys). I am playing hermit too much. If I cannot find anyone to go with me, I'll go on my own.

Maggie
Ah.... you've taught me what I was doing wrong! I used to go out alone all the time between my marriages - took myself to the movies on Saturday night pretty routinely. One Saturday I ran into a guy I used to work with and he decided to see the same movie I did. No biggie, but the next week, he was there again. The 3rd week I decided I could nip that by just changing movie theaters, that worked. The 4th week? He called ahead of time to see which movie I wanted to see and where so he could buy tickets ahead of time... gaaaaah!

I should have gotten out of town!

I'd LOVE to see anything Roger's and Hammerstein! Have fun!