Venturing out on my own

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Venturing out on my own

Post by mbrudnic »

Quilter51 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:57 pm Good for you maggie. It can be hard in the beginning. My late husband and I had a couple completely seperate interests and in widowhood I have found I LOVE doing things alone. I go to the movies alone every other week, and have learned the thing on eating out alone but ittook time. I actually have a good friend who does interenational travel who only travels alone. She saysshe meets more people (especially locals) and more people talk to her when she is by herself.

I run a meetup group for retired women. Did you look on meetup to see if there was anything that hit your fancy?
I keep looking at Meetup but have not found anything that peaks my interest.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Thanks everyone,

I enjoyed the concert last night. I laughed because I was in the fourth balcony. I knew it was high and did it becasue I was going to be mostly listening. If I had gone to watch a play, I would have spent and extra $5 of so and gotten a seat a bit lower.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:07 pm Thanks everyone,

I enjoyed the concert last night. I laughed because I was in the fourth balcony. I knew it was high and did it becasue I was going to be mostly listening. If I had gone to watch a play, I would have spent and extra $5 of so and gotten a seat a bit lower.
Yay! I'm glad you had an enjoyable time! :)
rinty

Post by rinty »

mbrudnic wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:06 am Ok gang, I did it.

I booked a vacation apartment in Arlington VA, close to a Metro stop for 3 nights next week. Not sure why I am so nervous. If I were going on Business, it would be no big deal. Now I am getting excited.

Then, while I had my credit card out, I decided I was going to take myself to the Philharmonic. Tonight they are doing songs of Roger's and Hammerstein. In college I went by myself to a Concert at an outdoor venue. (Chicago & Beach Boys). I am playing hermit too much. If I cannot find anyone to go with me, I'll go on my own.

Maggie

So pleased for you, Maggie. Have fun, dress up and go for it x
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Went to breakfast by myself today.

No one wanted to go, and i was starving, so why not. Its a first for me. :shock:
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

I've had a hard time going to restaurants since hubby died but it's been 13 years...
Fortunately,I have several friends that enjoy going out to eat and I do a lot of takeout.