Venturing out on my own

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Venturing out on my own

Post by icfrugal1 »

good for you !!!

You will have a great time !

IC
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Yay!! I'm super excited for you!

Both of your planned expeditions sound like great fun, my Dad LOVED Rogers & Hammerstein musicals so I saw a lot of them as a child & teenager, plus the theater department at my high school must have loved them too, because they put one on each year for many years.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! Yes...I was yelling...:)
You will have a great time. Every once in a great while I take myself off for an overnighter. My DH "gets" me completely. He is my best friend and I couldn't love him a speck more...but sometimes I just need to take off by myself.
Enjoy every minute!
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

WTG.

Have fun.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

Good for you maggie. It can be hard in the beginning. My late husband and I had a couple completely seperate interests and in widowhood I have found I LOVE doing things alone. I go to the movies alone every other week, and have learned the thing on eating out alone but ittook time. I actually have a good friend who does interenational travel who only travels alone. She saysshe meets more people (especially locals) and more people talk to her when she is by herself.

I run a meetup group for retired women. Did you look on meetup to see if there was anything that hit your fancy?
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Maggie glad you are getting out and doing your thing. May you find many more adventures and places to go on your own. I learned a long time ago that I like going and doing things on my own. Enjoy!
Janet Alliesmama