Daily Check-In, Nov. 8, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Daily Check-In, Nov. 8, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning.

Gayle, I hope that you are feeling better and less exhausted from the chemo today. (((Hugs)))

LWolfT, great news about Big Boy. What a relief.

Maggie, safe travels home.

I’ve decided not to let some people, my own honest error in posting a copyrighted recipe and my own demons drive me away from the forum. But I’ll only post on some days.

Today I’m having lunch with a friend I only see once or twice a year. She likes Olive Garden so that is where we’ll go. I have a $3/two lunches coupon that we will use. She is also a coupon gal and will likely have the same coupon in her wallet just in case I don’t have mine.

Yesterday was a favorite rummage sale. I spent $13 on two sweaters ($3 each), an eyelet blouse, a floral table cover, an accordion file, ceramic trivet/coaster, small white vintage pillow cover and three cereal bowls. The bowls match my favorite oatmeal bowl (from a previous rummage sale) and are Homer Laughlin Sturbridge pattern. I’ll probably go back to the sale Saturday for “bag day.”

I’m continuing to practice French each day with the Duolingo app. It’s fun.

I’ll still watching Homeland (now on season 6) but I’ve found another show I like, Mr. Selfridge. It is either BBC or ITV and was shown on PBS a few years ago. It’s now on Amazon Prime. I did not go to Selfridges department store in London but thought about it and will go on my next London trip.

Have a good day.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-In, Nov. 8, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I slept in once again, but that is what happens when I get a bit too involved in a novel and read late into the night (I think I just might have found a new author that I enjoy). To make matters worse I didn't even get half way through before I knew I really needed to stop.

I am considering taking a walk outside today at the temperature is rising and most of the packed snow is gone from the streets. I pretty much know where the ice is and if I take it easy I will be able to do at least a short walk outside in the fresh air.

Also I was a good girl and remembered to take my calcium builder pill upon getting up this morning. Making lots of mistakes typing cause I have to wait 30 mins before coffee. I so hope that in the remaining three years of taking this medication that enough calcium is built up so I can leave them off.

I really had planned on finishing the dress yesterday, but instead I decided to work on the prayer shawl that I have been fiddling with the last two months. I think I will get that completed first, but today I will cut out the Christmas gifts for Hubby and a few sewing projects for me and the house. Sewing projects for the house include oven mitts, and reusable produce bags. Once they are cut and packaged in their own project bags and on the project shelf in the sewing/craft room I will know I need to get them completed.

Meals will be completed using what is on hand here in the house. I used up most of the leftovers in the fridge the last few days for lunches and suppers, so today will be a treat.

Walking for exercise, even marching in place every so often to make sure I get my steps in, and just the usual frugal happenings taking place today.

Supper this evening is going to be cod fillets, salad, and rice. Just not too sure how I am going to make the cod as of yet.

Today I am grateful for the warming up of the weather and the fact that I can take a walk in the fresh air.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:03 am Good morning.

Gayle, I hope that you are feeling better and less exhausted from the chemo today. (((Hugs)))

LWolfT, great news about Big Boy. What a relief.

Maggie, safe travels home.

I’ve decided not to let some people, my own honest error in posting a copyrighted recipe and my own demons drive me away from the forum. But I’ll only post on some days.

Today I’m having lunch with a friend I only see once or twice a year. She likes Olive Garden so that is where we’ll go. I have a $3/two lunches coupon that we will use. She is also a coupon gal and will likely have the same coupon in her wallet just in case I don’t have mine.

Yesterday was a favorite rummage sale. I spent $13 on two sweaters ($3 each), an eyelet blouse, a floral table cover, an accordion file, ceramic trivet/coaster, small white vintage pillow cover and three cereal bowls. The bowls match my favorite oatmeal bowl (from a previous rummage sale) and are Homer Laughlin Sturbridge pattern. I’ll probably go back to the sale Saturday for “bag day.”

I’m continuing to practice French each day with the Duolingo app. It’s fun.

I’ll still watching Homeland (now on season 6) but I’ve found another show I like, Mr. Selfridge. It is either BBC or ITV and was shown on PBS a few years ago. It’s now on Amazon Prime. I did not go to Selfridges department store in London but thought about it and will go on my next London trip.

Have a good day.
Just post whenever you want. You would be missed from the forum.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We have sun but cold weather moved in. Tomorrow it is suppose to warm up to almost 60 so it will be a good day to put sheets on the clotheslines. I am really sore and tired from my evaluation yesterday so I will only be doing a little bit of essential cooking.

Florida Cat stay in touch as often as you can.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It is chilly and it drizzled overnight.

I'm glad for the time change now

Getting ready to go help with a food bank thing. Wish me luck that i don't get sick - lol

We usually set up outside - maybe not today.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

FC I am an occasional poster these days, but I for one would miss you if you were not here. And I do read daily.