Daily Check In November 10, 2011

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check In November 10, 2011

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

Football game yesterday was windy and cold as well as a blow out, so we left after Halftime. Seats were 4 rows from the top of the stadium. Met up with DS2. My SisIL acted like our personal Uber driver. We drove to their house, left Dad's car and she dropped us off in front of the stadium. So no parking fees and long hike. They have a tradition of a "Skull Session" where the band warms up and gives a preview of their halftime show. They invite the other band and a local High school band who plays a song at the session and then sits near the band for the game. The traditions were cool.

We had dinner at DBro and DSisIL's. She made pot roast. It was very good, but I was happy to get home.

Today I will mostly loaf. I do need to hit the grocery and if they are available, see the Grands.

Have a great day,
Maggie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
We too are having a nice day, with cold and snow supposedly arriving tomorrow. I may open the windows for just a bit to air out the house. Actually, this might be the best day to wash some windows.

Woke up earlier than I intended, but decided to get a start on the day. Laundry going and am cleaning up some paid work. Think I'll cook the butternut squash before it goes bad. I can freeze it until I'm ready to make soup.
Dinner will be an eggplant stir fry (found some on yellow sticker). Jackie, rice pudding sounds good ...

Rinty and Gayle, I hope you both are feeling better today.

Janet, did I miss something? Are you not allowed dairy and coffee?
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Good morning, frugals. I am listening to the local geezer pop radio station, which has some rather lively tunes on. :) Sunny and chilly today. Our bad weather is predicted for Tuesday.

DH and I will make a trip to Ollie's Outlet for discounted mixed nuts, plus I have a 10% off coupon. He usually eats a handful of nuts and some fruit instead of supper.

Janet, if you are allowed to eat nuts, the cashew based vegan cheeses may taste best. When I was briefly put on a vegan diet, I tried some really disgusting not-cheese, but it has improved since then with cashew cheese.

There is a lot of variance in almond milk as well. The shelf-stable stuff from Costco is not very good, but I've had other shelf stable brands that were good. The best tasting option to me is always the refrigerated versions, though.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:05 am Good morning ...
We too are having a nice day, with cold and snow supposedly arriving tomorrow. I may open the windows for just a bit to air out the house. Actually, this might be the best day to wash some windows.

Woke up earlier than I intended, but decided to get a start on the day. Laundry going and am cleaning up some paid work. Think I'll cook the butternut squash before it goes bad. I can freeze it until I'm ready to make soup.
Dinner will be an eggplant stir fry (found some on yellow sticker). Jackie, rice pudding sounds good ...

Rinty and Gayle, I hope you both are feeling better today.

Janet, did I miss something? Are you not allowed dairy and coffee?
Wolf I have gastritis. The Dr did a biopsy and cannot figure out why I have gastritis. My brother is gluten and dairy intolerant so I thought maybe I am dairy intolerant too. I am already know I am gluten intolerant. So I am eliminating dairy for 6 weeks or so and then try to add them back one at a time. Coffee can also be an irritant so giving that up too. The Dr does have me on some medication for a month to see if that helps.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:06 am Good morning, frugals. I am listening to the local geezer pop radio station, which has some rather lively tunes on. :) Sunny and chilly today. Our bad weather is predicted for Tuesday.

DH and I will make a trip to Ollie's Outlet for discounted mixed nuts, plus I have a 10% off coupon. He usually eats a handful of nuts and some fruit instead of supper.

Janet, if you are allowed to eat nuts, the cashew based vegan cheeses may taste best. When I was briefly put on a vegan diet, I tried some really disgusting not-cheese, but it has improved since then with cashew cheese.

There is a lot of variance in almond milk as well. The shelf-stable stuff from Costco is not very good, but I've had other shelf stable brands that were good. The best tasting option to me is always the refrigerated versions, though.
Thanks Mackie. I have already discovered that shelf stable almond milk I bought was not good. I bought Almond Breeze from the refrigerated section and it is ok. Thanks for the tip on non cheese. I had tried some almond based cheese and did not care for it. I will check in to the cashew based cheese. I have a cook book called UnCheese from when I was a vegetarian. However buying the ingredients is very expensive.
Janet Alliesmama
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good Sunday all,

I was up way too early for a Sunday AM but it is what it is. Issues with the brother and the rental... can't even begin to tell all of it so won't try. I just wish that man could find some happiness and joy in his life.

I made cinnamon rolls last night for this AM...some with caramel topping...so good but so rich. I have a second batch of chex mix going right now...will share with fiancé and family. I love the smell of it cooking.

Lunch will be "open fridge, look, choose and eat" . It is nice and sunny out right now, the weather is supposed to get yucky over night and into tomorrow. Not looking forward to January temps in November but they are saying that's what we will be getting.
I need to bring more wood in and sweep leaves from the decks and patios....again.

off to stir the chex mix, have a good day all.

JCKitty