Daily Check In November 10, 2011

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check In November 10, 2011

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:04 pm Gayle I am glad you were able to make it to your church conference. If it fills your heart and soul that is what you need. Also happy to hear more people are helping out with food needs. I do hope you will be able to have a good nights rest. That is so helpful and healing as well. Gentle ((hug)) and love from your friend Janet.
Thank you as usual. Your words always fill me with hope & joy. :)
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:59 pm Janet so sorry that you have gastritus on top of everything else, particularly as alternative foods sound as though they are very dear ?

Gayle, you are really being put through the mill, hoping this course of chemo is the only one you will require, really feel for you lovey.

I was just whinging about a cold, nothing even remotely serious and I'm lucky to have weekends off to sit and snot in peace ;) The DDS both came over today and we played Cash Swopping ;) I gave one DD the cash to get 2 Christmas gifts and other DD paid me back the cost of the holiday I'd put on my credit card.

It took advantage of the 20% off dealz re toys so I am happy with that.

Dinner looked lovely, not that I was hungry, we had 8 of us and we're glad to give our girls a break and the DGKs and BIG meal. I had said to the DGKs that we'd craft but ended up chatting to the DDs instead.

Everything clean and tidy ready for the week ahead.

Craft Club will be Scandinavian Christmas woven hearts.

3 late nights as I am covering for someone at work (I'd forgotten, bugger)

DS will be home at the weekend, yay !!!

Meals this week will be Quaker oats for breakfast as its COLD. Lunches will be soup or sandwiches, tomorrow its a blended soup made from the stalks of the cauliflower and broccoli we had today simmered in a veg stock. Its lovely.

Dinners, Monday Yellow Sticker M and S beef teriyaki ( fab , its like something from a restaurant and it was yellow sticker !!!)

Tuesday ........we're both late and busy, On Toast night.

Wednesday......slow cooker casserole from the freezer.

Seafood from the freezer with pasta.

We are delving into the freezer, its too full , need to eat it down for Christmas meats and treats.

Desserts all week will be almond slice. DH made it slightly differently, he put a layer of cherry pie filling on the pastry base then a layer of almond flavoured sponge topped with sliced almonds. Its good !

I literally need nothing this week, no excuse to go into any shops and with 3 late nights, then craft club next evening and then DS home I own't have time to shop.

I did iron ( guys , how can you NOT iron ? I love me crisp , fresh bedding and a sharply ironed clean blouse ???) and DH remade the bed so looking forward to snuggling down there at around 8.30 ;)

Hoping for a good week at work, lots of stressed people there. Love to all, I am going to try and craft as opposed to zoning out with the laptop this week x
Rinty,

This chemo treatment was just 1 of the 4 needed. So yeah not fun, but I can handle it!

It is just that these are VERY POWERFULLY Concentrated chemotherapies that I'm getting, they have to make them as strong in my 1 treatment, as the ones that other ladies might get 3 or 5 times a week every two weeks. YES! I will take this stuff once every 3-4 weeks, and be grateful that I can be home the rest of the time, instead of having to come back & forth there for DAYS & WEEKS in a row!! :)
rinty

Post by rinty »

DianeMNurse wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:02 pm I enjoy ironing!! My kids went to Catholic school for years & I was forever ironing blue Oxford cloth shirts x 5 (x2) & DH always wore a button down shirt & tie - so 15 ish shirts per week, plus my clothes. But, give me an NFL game -or baseball in Spring & Summer & I could iron forever!! I, too, love a crisp shirt & trousers!!!
Hello My Sistah !!!!! :D

Yes ! Ironing is one of those satisfying thing to do. I wouldn't THINK of not ironing shirts/bedding and such. I'm not one of those loons that irons towels though.

My DH is old school too, a shirt and tie or a casual shirt but always, always IRONED.

( love it when you post , dear, c'mon, you know you want to do the daily check in more regularly ;) )