Daily Check In November 10, 2011

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check In November 10, 2011

Post by rinty »

Janet so sorry that you have gastritus on top of everything else, particularly as alternative foods sound as though they are very dear ?

Gayle, you are really being put through the mill, hoping this course of chemo is the only one you will require, really feel for you lovey.

I was just whinging about a cold, nothing even remotely serious and I'm lucky to have weekends off to sit and snot in peace ;) The DDS both came over today and we played Cash Swopping ;) I gave one DD the cash to get 2 Christmas gifts and other DD paid me back the cost of the holiday I'd put on my credit card.

It took advantage of the 20% off dealz re toys so I am happy with that.

Dinner looked lovely, not that I was hungry, we had 8 of us and we're glad to give our girls a break and the DGKs and BIG meal. I had said to the DGKs that we'd craft but ended up chatting to the DDs instead.

Everything clean and tidy ready for the week ahead.

Craft Club will be Scandinavian Christmas woven hearts.

3 late nights as I am covering for someone at work (I'd forgotten, bugger)

DS will be home at the weekend, yay !!!

Meals this week will be Quaker oats for breakfast as its COLD. Lunches will be soup or sandwiches, tomorrow its a blended soup made from the stalks of the cauliflower and broccoli we had today simmered in a veg stock. Its lovely.

Dinners, Monday Yellow Sticker M and S beef teriyaki ( fab , its like something from a restaurant and it was yellow sticker !!!)

Tuesday ........we're both late and busy, On Toast night.

Wednesday......slow cooker casserole from the freezer.

Seafood from the freezer with pasta.

We are delving into the freezer, its too full , need to eat it down for Christmas meats and treats.

Desserts all week will be almond slice. DH made it slightly differently, he put a layer of cherry pie filling on the pastry base then a layer of almond flavoured sponge topped with sliced almonds. Its good !

I literally need nothing this week, no excuse to go into any shops and with 3 late nights, then craft club next evening and then DS home I own't have time to shop.

I did iron ( guys , how can you NOT iron ? I love me crisp , fresh bedding and a sharply ironed clean blouse ???) and DH remade the bed so looking forward to snuggling down there at around 8.30 ;)

Hoping for a good week at work, lots of stressed people there. Love to all, I am going to try and craft as opposed to zoning out with the laptop this week x
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

I tried to go for a bit of a walk but it is really too icy for me.

Did some more matching of fabric and patterns. Now just to get busy cutting and sewing.

Really just taking it very easy today.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
DianeMNurse

Post by DianeMNurse »

rinty wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:59 pm Janet so sorry that you have gastritus on top of everything else, particularly as alternative foods sound as though they are very dear ?

Gayle, you are really being put through the mill, hoping this course of chemo is the only one you will require, really feel for you lovey.

I was just whinging about a cold, nothing even remotely serious and I'm lucky to have weekends off to sit and snot in peace ;) The DDS both came over today and we played Cash Swopping ;) I gave one DD the cash to get 2 Christmas gifts and other DD paid me back the cost of the holiday I'd put on my credit card.

Dinner looked lovely, not that I was hungry, we had 8 of us and we're glad to give our girls a break and the DGKs and BIG meal. I had said to the DGKs that we'd craft but ended up chatting to the DDs instead.

Meals this week will be Quaker oats for breakfast as its COLD. Lunches will be soup or sandwiches, tomorrow its a blended soup made from the stalks of the cauliflower and broccoli we had today simmered in a veg stock. Its lovely.

Dinners, Monday Yellow Sticker M and S beef teriyaki ( fab , its like something from a restaurant and it was yellow sticker !!!)

We are delving into the freezer, its too full , need to eat it down for Christmas meats and treats.

Desserts all week will be almond slice. DH made it slightly differently, he put a layer of cherry pie filling on the pastry base then a layer of almond flavoured sponge topped with sliced almonds. Its good !

I literally need nothing this week, no excuse to go into any shops and with 3 late nights, then craft club next evening and then DS home I own't have time to shop.

I did iron ( guys , how can you NOT iron ? I love me crisp , fresh bedding and a sharply ironed clean blouse ???) and DH remade the bed so looking forward to snuggling down there at around 8.30 ;)

Hoping for a good week at work, lots of stressed people there. Love to all, I am going to try and craft as opposed to zoning out with the laptop this week x
I enjoy ironing!! My kids went to Catholic school for years & I was forever ironing blue Oxford cloth shirts x 5 (x2) & DH always wore a button down shirt & tie - so 15 ish shirts per week, plus my clothes. But, give me an NFL game -or baseball in Spring & Summer & I could iron forever!! I, too, love a crisp shirt & trousers!!!
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Today was brother-in-law’s birthday, and we attempted to invite him to dinner, then hubby remembered about the wife going through chemo, and messaged BIL back. He stayed home, and we later took him some food, barbecue pork ribs baked potatoes, cake, a bottle of last year’s canned peaches, and salad.

Today was the semi annual stake conference at my church. Different from regular church in that we do not take communion, and we all sit in the same room for two hours.I had insisted to hubby that I go, because I feel like I’m going to feel even worse in coming weeks and months, and I wanted to go to church while I felt somewhat good (I wore a facemask, and those things annoy me, because they adjust my glasses, but also because they make the glasses fog up. However I was able to adjust in such a way that I could see, and it was still fairly comfortable and covered my face, hopefully I remember this for next time.). Also because we had a general authority coming to talk to us, and even though we were in one of the satellite locations, I still got to see and hear and feel the wonderful spirit from God that his representative shared with us. I learned so much, and I’m so grateful I went today.
I had insisted to hubby that I go, because I feel like I’m going to feel even worse in coming weeks and months, and I wanted to go to church while I felt somewhat good. Also because we had a general authority coming to talk to us, and even though we were in one of the satellite locations, I still got to see and hear and feel the wonderful spirit from God that his representative shared with us. I learned so much, and I’m so grateful I went today.

I’m sorry if my seen any of that makes any of you feelUncomfortable, that is not my intent. I’m a very spiritually minded person, I love God, I love his son Jesus Christ, and I’m tired of hiding under a bushel, my love for them.

Happy made us barbecued pork spareribs bone in, baked potatoes, and we eat green salad leftover from someone who brought us dinner yesterday. We had two ladies bring us dinner’s yesterday, to complete dinners, both brought soup’s, and they were both still very good. We are back to having a little extra surplus of food in our fridge, from the kindness of others, and it is good because hubby is less concerned about food in the evenings now when he comes home.

We have had a few more people step up to help, all on their own volition, and it has been nice. One lady came Saturday morning, she brought me three homemade gluten-free lasagnas, along with a wig that her mother-in-law had set along. I left to myself over the week, but she was genuine and friendly, and it was so nice to see that, rather than the fakeness of the other woman from last week.

I was able to see a few of my friends at church today, and that was also so uplifting to my spirit, especially where this chemo has made me feel just so absolutely awful and sick.

Which reminds me, I did a little adjusting to my cancer update thread. I took the diatribe from the RS woman, from last Monday and moved it there. Then I followed it with the Facebook post I had made, because the two of them fit together so well, and I’m still trying to document things in my own way. Then I posted the email which I have not yet sent out, but I wrote, or rather I spoke, about the effects of my chemo and the day since I have had that first chemo treatment. It is lengthy, and I apologize for that, however so many people seem to want to know exactly what is going on, so I am letting everyone know exactly what is going on! I’ve also decided to remove my filter so to speak, and let people know exactly how I feel. I think perhaps not having done so prior to now, who’s leading so many people into thinking I’m OK, even when I really am not!

I hope all my words here today seem OK. The chemo has into such horrible pain but I cannot stand type, for more than a few words, so I am using my voice app to say the words, and I’m hoping they come out coherent enough for you all to understand the gist of what I am trying to say. Speaking of the pain I feel is settling in, I need to go find more pain pills. Good thing I just ate some cake ice cream and fresh canned peaches, they will help lessen the effects of that and said on my stomach.

Thank you all for your support I appreciate you all here more than words can say, someone else mentioned their friend a relative having a village to support them. I feel that you were all part of my village, as well as my people in real life here that I see frequently. Thank you very much all again, and I love you all. Have a good night. I am off to read, both in form, and probably my book. Good night as well.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:41 pm Hello friends,

Today was brother-in-law’s birthday, and we attempted to invite him to dinner, then hubby remembered about the wife going through chemo, and messaged BIL back. He stayed home, and we later took him some food, barbecue pork ribs baked potatoes, cake, a bottle of last year’s canned peaches, and salad.

Today was the semi annual stake conference at my church. Different from regular church in that we do not take communion, and we all sit in the same room for two hours.I had insisted to hubby that I go, because I feel like I’m going to feel even worse in coming weeks and months, and I wanted to go to church while I felt somewhat good (I wore a facemask, and those things annoy me, because they adjust my glasses, but also because they make the glasses fog up. However I was able to adjust in such a way that I could see, and it was still fairly comfortable and covered my face, hopefully I remember this for next time.). Also because we had a general authority coming to talk to us, and even though we were in one of the satellite locations, I still got to see and hear and feel the wonderful spirit from God that his representative shared with us. I learned so much, and I’m so grateful I went today.
I had insisted to hubby that I go, because I feel like I’m going to feel even worse in coming weeks and months, and I wanted to go to church while I felt somewhat good. Also because we had a general authority coming to talk to us, and even though we were in one of the satellite locations, I still got to see and hear and feel the wonderful spirit from God that his representative shared with us. I learned so much, and I’m so grateful I went today.

I’m sorry if my seen any of that makes any of you feelUncomfortable, that is not my intent. I’m a very spiritually minded person, I love God, I love his son Jesus Christ, and I’m tired of hiding under a bushel, my love for them.

Happy made us barbecued pork spareribs bone in, baked potatoes, and we eat green salad leftover from someone who brought us dinner yesterday. We had two ladies bring us dinner’s yesterday, to complete dinners, both brought soup’s, and they were both still very good. We are back to having a little extra surplus of food in our fridge, from the kindness of others, and it is good because hubby is less concerned about food in the evenings now when he comes home.

We have had a few more people step up to help, all on their own volition, and it has been nice. One lady came Saturday morning, she brought me three homemade gluten-free lasagnas, along with a wig that her mother-in-law had set along. I left to myself over the week, but she was genuine and friendly, and it was so nice to see that, rather than the fakeness of the other woman from last week.

I was able to see a few of my friends at church today, and that was also so uplifting to my spirit, especially where this chemo has made me feel just so absolutely awful and sick.

Which reminds me, I did a little adjusting to my cancer update thread. I took the diatribe from the RS woman, from last Monday and moved it there. Then I followed it with the Facebook post I had made, because the two of them fit together so well, and I’m still trying to document things in my own way. Then I posted the email which I have not yet sent out, but I wrote, or rather I spoke, about the effects of my chemo and the day since I have had that first chemo treatment. It is lengthy, and I apologize for that, however so many people seem to want to know exactly what is going on, so I am letting everyone know exactly what is going on! I’ve also decided to remove my filter so to speak, and let people know exactly how I feel. I think perhaps not having done so prior to now, who’s leading so many people into thinking I’m OK, even when I really am not!

I hope all my words here today seem OK. The chemo has into such horrible pain but I cannot stand type, for more than a few words, so I am using my voice app to say the words, and I’m hoping they come out coherent enough for you all to understand the gist of what I am trying to say. Speaking of the pain I feel is settling in, I need to go find more pain pills. Good thing I just ate some cake ice cream and fresh canned peaches, they will help lessen the effects of that and said on my stomach.

Thank you all for your support I appreciate you all here more than words can say, someone else mentioned their friend a relative having a village to support them. I feel that you were all part of my village, as well as my people in real life here that I see frequently. Thank you very much all again, and I love you all. Have a good night. I am off to read, both in form, and probably my book. Good night as well.
Gayle I am glad you were able to make it to your church conference. If it fills your heart and soul that is what you need. Also happy to hear more people are helping out with food needs. I do hope you will be able to have a good nights rest. That is so helpful and healing as well. Gentle ((hug)) and love from your friend Janet.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:59 pm Janet so sorry that you have gastritus on top of everything else, particularly as alternative foods sound as though they are very dear ?

Thanks Rinty.. We all have something to deal with and we have no choice so just go with the flow..

I hope you are feeling better soon. I do not know how you manage all that you do between home, work, the craft club, and then with your son's needs too. You are a amazing.

I love to iron too. Several of my aides have offered to do it for me and I tell them I enjoy doing it. I like to iron my pillow cases but not my sheets. Do you iron your sheets? Yikes if you do. I cannot imagine doing mine.
Janet Alliesmama