Daily Check in Nov 11, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check in Nov 11, 2019

Post by MackerelCat » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:24 pm

Janet, I hope your MRI goes well. (((HUGS))) And let that silly woman pick up sticks herself if she's going to put off mowing until it snows. You don't need to hurt yourself on her behalf.

Aside from being multiply skewered by the MRI tech who said she couldn't hit a vein, my MRI went well. In the interest of saving time and money, I asked her to try one more time instead of calling in the hospital's "stick team," and she finally got it. That was rather unpleasant.
Mackie

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:43 pm

Update:

A friend and bring us dinner tonight, baked chicken with baked potatoes. The chicken wasn’t quite cooked so it’s gone back in the oven for more time.

Hubby, DS 15, DS 11 are in the garage working on the dogs house. Hubby has built it out of plywood and insulated it was from board, it’s bigger than the last one we had for our first weimeraner, but we will have two dogs living in it, so that is a necessity.

I spent my afternoon fielding phone calls and the odd visits from various people we know. Found out that RS Prez has give me a different ministering lady, and she stop by with her husband to visit for a few minutes. They have insisted on bringing us dinner on Wednesday night, we will happily take it. Found out she is also gluten sensitive, that makes for women in my ward that I know about, including me Who are gluten sensitive.

After they left, I went back to my previous task of writing some thank you notes. I am trying to get a few done each day, especially since I’ve written a long list of people for his thoughtful gifts, phone calls, text messages, cards, and dinners, I am very grateful for.

I have been keeping A chemo symptom journal,, documenting all of my pain and strange marks, rashes, sores, etc. I don’t love doing this, but I need to know how my body is going to react to this chemo, and hopefully after the second round, my body will react exactly the same, though I can definitely do without having my menstrual cycle Show up again, so if that happens it will be OK.

Have a good night everyone!

Eta: I remembered what it was. My chemo doctors office called in a prescription for tramadol for me today. I took one earlier, and it made me very drowsy and dizzy I’d rather loopy as well. But it didn’t kill the pain, and it’s been nice not to have my wrist hurting or the rest of my joints either. However I think I will take it only when absolutely necessary for pain relief, as I do not like the side effects. There’s also rather intense pressure headache from it as well.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:23 pm

MackerelCat wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:24 pm
Janet, I hope your MRI goes well. (((HUGS))) And let that silly woman pick up sticks herself if she's going to put off mowing until it snows. You don't need to hurt yourself on her behalf.

Aside from being multiply skewered by the MRI tech who said she couldn't hit a vein, my MRI went well. In the interest of saving time and money, I asked her to try one more time instead of calling in the hospital's "stick team," and she finally got it. That was rather unpleasant.
Mackie sorry you had to go through the multiple sticks.Some tech's are great and some or not. When will you get the results of your MRI? I hope it gives the Dr and you some answers.

I sent an e-mail to my brother asking him if I could tell her to skip it since he had paid her to cut my grass. Frankly my yard does not look like the grass needs to be cut and with where I live the wind will take care of the leaves.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:26 pm

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:43 pm
Update:

A friend and bring us dinner tonight, baked chicken with baked potatoes. The chicken wasn’t quite cooked so it’s gone back in the oven for more time.

Hubby, DS 15, DS 11 are in the garage working on the dogs house. Hubby has built it out of plywood and insulated it was from board, it’s bigger than the last one we had for our first weimeraner, but we will have two dogs living in it, so that is a necessity.

I spent my afternoon fielding phone calls and the odd visits from various people we know. Found out that RS Prez has give me a different ministering lady, and she stop by with her husband to visit for a few minutes. They have insisted on bringing us dinner on Wednesday night, we will happily take it. Found out she is also gluten sensitive, that makes for women in my ward that I know about, including me Who are gluten sensitive.

After they left, I went back to my previous task of writing some thank you notes. I am trying to get a few done each day, especially since I’ve written a long list of people for his thoughtful gifts, phone calls, text messages, cards, and dinners, I am very grateful for.

I did have something else I want to mention tonight, but I cannot remember. LOL.

I have been keeping A chemo symptom journal,, documenting all of my pain and strange marks, rashes, sores, etc. I don’t love doing this, but I need to know how my body is going to react to this chemo, and hopefully after the second round, my body will react exactly the same, though I can definitely do without having my menstrual cycle Show up again, so if that happens it will be OK.

Have a good night everyone!
Gayle happy to hear you have someone different who will be ministering to you. Also that she is gluten intolerant. That make a big difference in understanding how to prepare a meal. People just do not understand. I have tried to get one of my nieces to try gluten free but she said, oh I do not eat that much bread.. I tried to explain to her the hidden gluten in so many things.. But what can you do?
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:29 pm

floridacatlover wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:35 pm
Good afternoon friends.

Thank you to all veterans. Jackie said it best.

Mackie, good luck with the MRI.

Logics, I’ll look forward to hearing about your theater visit. I love live theater, too.

This morning I went out to breakfast with mom’s neighbor. She kindly offered to treat and I didn’t protest too much since I treated on our last outing. She invited me to Thanksgiving.

This afternoon was a workshop (Free) on familysearch.org at the library. Most libraries are closed today but this one was open. The speaker is a volunteer at the local Family History Center and he was very good. (We had a speaker from the Center a year or two ago who was very disorganized.) He will start monthly workshops on the family history.org site next month. Gayle and Rinty, your church’s devopment of this genealogy resource is a real gift.

On the way home I stopped at CVS for free Sure deodorant. I’ve gotten this free in the past and like using it. It is $2 and you get $2 back in ECBs. Even better, I had $2 in ECBs from a CVS survey last night. (I did not qualify for the $10.) So I’ll use the $2 from the deodorant on haircolor. At CVS if you buy 7 haircolor (any brand) over a year, you get the 8th one free. I’ve bought 6 so with this next purchase I’ll get the free one.

I also stopped at Tuesday Morning and bought Christmas cards. Not nearly the selection as in previous years but I’m buying later than usual. So many nice things in that store that I have to put blinders on. But today I only bought the cards. Go me!

Stay warm to all of you in the “winter comes early” area. It is supposed to be “cold” here on Wednesday.
Florida Cat glad that you will have someone to share the holiday with.. Nice of her to invite you to Thanksgiving. Is she the same lady that invited you last year?
Janet Alliesmama

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:59 pm

alliesmama4 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:29 pm
Florida Cat glad that you will have someone to share the holiday with.. Nice of her to invite you to Thanksgiving. Is she the same lady that invited you last year?
Yes, same as last year. She will let me know what I can contribute to the meal. Last year I also gave her an autumn bouquet of flowers and I’ll do that again this year.