Daily Check in Nov 11, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check in Nov 11, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:59 pm Yes, same as last year. She will let me know what I can contribute to the meal. Last year I also gave her an autumn bouquet of flowers and I’ll do that again this year.
Very thoughtful gift. I love autumn flowers.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, I probably won't hear anything about the MRI until my next doctor's appointment in two weeks. The hospital radiologist has to read the test, write a report and send it to my doc, and then we see what happens. I feel much better on the new drug, which s very inexpensive, so if the new drug works, then I am not too worried about things.
Mackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

So I just looked up the quote about the weather changing. I had heard it was Mark Twain. It is often quoted as being true for Cincinnati. But the actual quote was for New England. I find that interesting. Weather can change very fast in all climate. Here in the Midwest we often say we get all 4 seasons in 24 hours.

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:28 am Thanks Clem and others who have served. Thank you for your service. I know it was not easy and appreciate what you did to keep us free and safe.

Good morning. We are expecting rain and snow.Yesterday it was (66 F) (18.8 C) and currently it is (36 F) ( 2 C) with a wind chill of (26 F) ( -3 C). As they say if you do not like the weather in St. Louis stick around a while and it will change. Sometimes we get seasonal changes, all 4 in a single day. Not much planned except puttering in the kitchen. I like to bake when is is snowy outside. The problem is my various ovens do not work or are limited in the size of what I can bake.. ie only 6 muffins at a time in my small toaster/convection oven. Oh well not much of anything else to do.

Gayle sending prayers and hugs.

Rinty hope you are feeling better.

Hope everyone has a good day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:25 am Janet, I probably won't hear anything about the MRI until my next doctor's appointment in two weeks. The hospital radiologist has to read the test, write a report and send it to my doc, and then we see what happens. I feel much better on the new drug, which s very inexpensive, so if the new drug works, then I am not too worried about things.
[/quote

Good to hear that the new medicine is helping and not costly.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:37 pm So I just looked up the quote about the weather changing. I had heard it was Mark Twain. It is often quoted as being true for Cincinnati. But the actual quote was for New England. I find that interesting. Weather can change very fast in all climate. Here in the Midwest we often say we get all 4 seasons in 24 hours.
Maggie you sound like you are in the same weather stream I am in.
Janet Alliesmama
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:35 pm Maggie you sound like you are in the same weather stream I am in.
Yes, SW Ohio, so probably a day or two behind you.