Daily Check-in November 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in November 12, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:04 am It is cold and there has been freezing precipitation. Mostly sleet and freezing rain. There are some roads closed.

I ended up not baking oatmeal blueberry muffins as I discovered I still had two in the freezer. I will bake some tomorrow morning. It will be near or below freezing again tomorrow morning.

I did drop a blueberry onto my dress. I think I stained it. If so it is one of my oldest denim dresses. One that I had bought at the thrift store.

My apartment is warm but I have the thermostat set higher than CPS suggests. But at 79 I need my apartment warmer.

My garbage/trash is ready to put out. I have a very full bag. I am descaling my Keurig.

Penny
I totally agree with Trees. Keep your heat at a temp where you feel comfortable. Both my mom and uncle felt the cold more as they aged and kept the heat higher than my comfort zone but where they felt good.

I’m glad that you don’t have to go out in what sounds like nasty weather.

Also I love what you said yesterday about yarn - that you wouldn’t keep yarn that made you itchy or you just didn’t like.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

It is a bright, sunny day here. I haven’t been outside yet but I don’t think it is cold.

Number one on my list is the library because my dvd is due today. I’m on the waiting list for Homeland Season 7 so it may be awhile until that is available.

Next to Publix for a few things. I’m usually a “pick-up” shopper but I haven’t bought any groceries since Sunday a week ago. I have one generic Rx to put in and I’ll ask the pharmacist if it would be cheaper with GoodRx. Last month it was more expensive with my part D than I expected.

I haven’t been to mom’s house in three days. If the neighbor hasn’t cut the front yard I’ll cut it.

I have a CD and will go to the bank unless I get to be a sweaty mess at mom’s house. Most likely will put the cd in for two years. This one is “my” money so is pretty small.

I’m praying hard for President Jimmy Carter. He is in the hospital in Atlanta having surgery to relieve pressure on his brain from his falls. What a good man.

Stay warm.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Sunny, but it's 11 degrees and feels like 2 degrees.
Like Janet, we had snow most of the evening and night. DH's car was covered with ice and snow when he got off work. Said it drove the car's safety systems crazy because the sensors were covered.

I have no plans to go anywhere ... but while I have things to do, I'm not overly motivated to do them right now. Did do some meal planning for the next week; pulled some chicken out of the freezer to thaw.

Finally finished the piecework on the Christmas tree skirt ... need to trim up a few bits and cut the backing (sooner than later ... time's a wasting ...)

Also thinking of President Carter today ...
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Thank you to those who agreed with me on the temperature I keep my apartment. I save elsewhere so I can keep the apartment comfortable for me.

My winter electric bills are higher than the summer. That is because my apartment is on the northwest side of the building I decided to use the budget plan several years ago. So though I don’t have lower bills during the months of lower usage. I can afford the summer and winter months.

Even on very cold days or very hot days my electric is still lower here than in a previous apartment. 14 years ago I had one August electric bill that was about $150. Here the highest bill I have had was $120, caused because they had estimated my bill too low for 2 months. That was when I decided I had to go on the budget plan.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Chilly drizzly morning here in south texas

Nothing froze but it is cold. My dogs had me outside at 6 this morning. Then i started raining.

We are staying indoors. I'm going to make beef soup later today!

Stay warm all
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

What was left of the furniture has been moved and we are just waiting for the arrival of our new stuff. Will more than likely be some time this afternoon.

Household chores pretty much completed, perhaps a wipe down of the front of the fridge is in order.

Off to see what trouble I can get into.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/