Daily Check-in November 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check-in November 12, 2019

Post by mbrudnic » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Hi everyone,
we got quite a couple of inches of snow last night. I did drive home from my meeting last night in it. I got to see my boys. 4 of us showed up at the support meeting. We went for drinks early. LOL!

I am hunkered down for the day. It is supposed to get quite cold tonight. My furnace has not kicked on much today after the sun came up, even though it is a cloudy day.

Enjoy the remainder of the day,
Maggie

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:53 pm

Good afternoon, frugal ones. We had no snow or ice this morning, thank heavens, but it's only a tad above freezing and there's a stiff wind.

Our oldest cat, who came to us as a stray 11 years ago, has Houdini-like powers of escape and managed to pop through the door when I opened it a crack to see if a package had been delivered. So he led me on a merry chase through the neighbors' yards and I got to meet them in my fluffy robe, slippers and pillow hair after I caught him. I think the kitty let himself get caught when he realized how blasted cold it is today. He's 13 now and was ready to get in his warm perch atop the filling cabinet.. :-D

Other than that, I have some laundry and dust mopping to do. May venture out to the bread outlet, as they were low on our favorite bread last Monday and we have only one loaf left in the freezer. Also need to drop off a bag of dog food at the animal shelter. I thought it was cat food of the same brand and flavor, but it's not and I did not keep the receipt. It has chicken in it, which all the dogs have to avoid because one is badly allergic to it.

Hope everyone has a lovely frugal day.
Mackie

jckitty

Post by jckitty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:55 pm

Good day all,

FloridaCat I also have been trying to track what is going on with President Carter...not enough updates but I just pray he will come through this okay.

I have been so busy this morning, getting a lot done but have more to do., I have more wood furniture to wash with Murphys oil soap, dry and polish. Doing some every day,
It snowed all day yesterday as Wolf said, full moon last night, the deer were up in my yard around the pond...rubbing on yew trees and scrabbling around in the yard. You could see them in the moonlight.

I have Spanish sauce started for Spanish hotdogs, deviled eggs made, bacon bowtie pasta salad made and green salad with complete the meal...all summer food but sounded good to me now.

My pine trees are weighed down with snow, they look beautiful, so weird to see snow on the ground and fresh fallen leaves on top of it.

Penny stay warm, my parents also stayed colder than the rest of us... just stay and be comfortable for you!
Off to get started...again.
JCKitty

rinty

Post by rinty » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:46 pm

JCKitty, I love it when you post your menus, I remember all the lovely meals you'd make your dad.

Mackie, poor you re that MRI, hope it was useful as it sounded awful.

FREE flu jab at work. I would always get one when DS was at home and I wouldn't want to bring germs back to DH either. Schools are a hotbed of infection :o Not a big uptake suprsingly..strange.

Followed by a further FREE chocolate digestive biscuit. Bring It On.

On toast night.

Need to get on and do delicates wash and hang it to dry/prepare the scandi hearts for Craft Club/boring stuff.

Defeated by the $100 Christmas thread ! :o I couldn't even DREAM that low......

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:33 pm

Update

Furniture is now in place. I am sitting in my lovely comfortable chair and trying to decide what accent colours to use.

Loving the new look of the room. Just one more large expenditure and I believe the room will be finished perfectly.

I will post pictures on my blog later today.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:14 pm

I caved and turned on the heat.

I didn't want to do it cuz i had to first change out the filter. It is in the ceiling. Have to drag out the ladder. I almost fell once and i keep thinking the next time i will. Well i made it. I make sure i have my phone in my pocket

The temp in the house was 66 - not too bad i guess when you realize there are people here in this area that set that as their summer AC temp!!!! Way too cold. I just set it for 70. Already cycled off.

I am making caldo de rez - beef soup. The COD loves it. I am starting to like it too. :lol:

Have a good day all