Daily Check-in November 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in November 12, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good frosty morning to everyone, It is (13 F) (-10.5 C) but feels like(1 F)
( -17.2 C). We had snow almost the entire day yesterday. The moon did rise last night and the night sky was crystal clear and made the snow look so pretty.

Not much planned today other than cooking and baking. I canceled my eye Dr appointment due to the weather. It is a long drive, 50 mile round trip, and the roads were not properly treated yesterday and I did not know how difficult they would be today.

Have a good day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in November 12, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:54 am Good frosty morning to everyone, It is (13 F) (-10.5 C) but feels like(1 F)
( -17.2 C). We had snow almost the entire day yesterday. The moon did rise last night and the night sky was crystal clear and made the snow look so pretty.

Not much planned today other than cooking and baking. I canceled my eye Dr appointment due to the weather. It is a long drive, 50 mile round trip, and the roads were not properly treated yesterday and I did not know how difficult they would be today.

Have a good day everyone.
Your weather right now sounds like what we have had over the last few days. It is supposedly going to warm up here so perhaps in a bit yo will get a warm up as well.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites.

Seems to be a bit warmer this morning as far as the thermometer states, but still well below freezing. Like I said to Janet, by the time the weekend rolls around we are supposed to be much warmer. That however usually means snow is coming, and lots of it.

I slept wonderfully last night, in fact I managed an extra hours sleep once again. I really do think that my internal clock is changing as I age.

Today we move what is left of the furniture out of the living room. I will give it a good vacuuming and we are ready for the new items to arrive this afternoon. So looking forward to seeing how everything goes together and having a put together room.

I have the usual chores to accomplish today and then I hope to finish off the dress. I did the side seams and the neck facing yesterday. For some reason the sleeves in this pattern are left until just before the hem. So far things seem to be moving along nicely. I should be able to do the remainder today at some point. I will be setting up the machine tonight for sewing Hubby's pajama bottoms over the next couple of days.

Frugally speaking this will be another no spend day. I once again plan on getting more done around the house, and now that Remembrance Day is over I need to start planning Christmas.

First thing will be to put up a little ditty about it being here and what I would like people to bring. We used to do a whole meal, but have gotten away from that over the past few years. Now it is more a bring an appetizer or munchies. We aren't even doing the gift exchange any longer so it does not even feel much like a Christmas celebration at all. Rather more like a family get together for a couple of hours. Mind you it isn't even a complete family get together.

The usual Tuesday household tasks will be done. Surprising enough I have no ironing this week and very few items hanging on the lines downstairs that need folding and putting away.

Mending is all done as well, though I do have a few pairs of socks that could be darned. Think I will save them until I have many more then make a day of it.

Meals will be made from what is in the house, and I may even bake some scones for a treat this afternoon (can be my snack for the day).

Walking will be done in the house on the treadmill. I will go for a bit of a walk later in the day when things warm up. Hubby put some ice grippers on my old running shoes, so with the poles and those I feel a bit safer on ice.

As I have finished my library books I am contemplating a trip to the library for some new evening reading material.

Supper tonight is going to be the remainder of the Cream of Mushroom Soup and some Grilled Cheese sandwiches. I am using up all that I can and stretching out the time between bigger shops and these smaller fill in the pantry shops. This week, instead of one store, I travel to a second store (need pet supplies and OTC items and the second place is much less expensive).

Today I am grateful for the beautiful sunrise.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Raining right now with some snow showers expected in a few hours; hopefully they won't keep me from doing what I want to do today. It's going to get cold here tonight and tomorrow in the 20s, a record breaking low for our area for November.

I have a few errands I want to take care of this morning and then go to the Senior Center. I went to the church's website that holds the annual Thanksgiving Dinner and asked if they were doing it again this year as I had not seen it posted on the site. I got a note back saying they were and to introduce myself when I get there. I'm sure they will have a box for donations available and I plan to make one if in fact they do.

Tonight I have my leftover turkey leg, stuffing and turnips for dinner. I am surprised, however, that the stores have not yet announced their turkey prices although I expect to see the pricing in tomorrow's food ads. I'm just curious as I told myself that as of last year I would not cook a whole turkey again for just me. The turkey legs suit me just fine.

Well going to check my email . . . have a wonderful day all and keep warm.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

It is cold and there has been freezing precipitation. Mostly sleet and freezing rain. There are some roads closed.

I ended up not baking oatmeal blueberry muffins as I discovered I still had two in the freezer. I will bake some tomorrow morning. It will be near or below freezing again tomorrow morning.

I did drop a blueberry onto my dress. I think I stained it. If so it is one of my oldest denim dresses. One that I had bought at the thrift store.

My apartment is warm but I have the thermostat set higher than CPS suggests. But at 79 I need my apartment warmer.

My garbage/trash is ready to put out. I have a very full bag. I am descaling my Keurig.

Penny
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

itspennyc wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:04 am It is cold and there has been freezing precipitation. Mostly sleet and freezing rain. There are some roads closed.

I ended up not baking oatmeal blueberry muffins as I discovered I still had two in the freezer. I will bake some tomorrow morning. It will be near or below freezing again tomorrow morning.

I did drop a blueberry onto my dress. I think I stained it. If so it is one of my oldest denim dresses. One that I had bought at the thrift store.

My apartment is warm but I have the thermostat set higher than CPS suggests. But at 79 I need my apartment warmer.

My garbage/trash is ready to put out. I have a very full bag. I am descaling my Keurig.

Penny
Penny, you keep the thermostst where YOU need it to be. Stay warm.