Daily Check-in November 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in November 13, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:57 am

Good morning. It is (13 F) (-10.5 C). The moon is out and with snow on the ground it is looks lovely outside.

I have been up since 2:30 AM. Have a load of white clothes in the washing machine. Drinking a cup of chamomile tea. Not much going on today except for my MRI of my back at 12:Noon. We have a 50 mile round trip so I will pretty much be wiped out when I get home.

Have a good day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in November 13, 2019

Post by Jackielou » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:28 am

alliesmama4 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:57 am
Good morning. It is (13 F) (-10.5 C). The moon is out and with snow on the ground it is looks lovely outside.

I have been up since 2:30 AM. Have a load of white clothes in the washing machine. Drinking a cup of chamomile tea. Not much going on today except for my MRI of my back at 12:Noon. We have a 50 mile round trip so I will pretty much be wiped out when I get home.

Have a good day everyone.
Good luck with the MRI, Janet.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:56 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

We are warming up a bit. It is warmer today than yesterday so I am happy.

Poor Shania is all confused over the new furniture, the poor dear keeps sniffing and trying to find a way behind or under it. Not going to happen. As is usual with her when she gets this way, she isn't eating very well and hiding in her tent.

I think that I will go shopping today and hit the bank as well. I am not too sure about when my sister plans on dropping by so I want to be around the house as much as possible through the week. I am up early so should be able to get out and back quickly once the stores open.

I need to get my shopping list (for two stores) and coupons together. Hopefully they will still have all that I want to purchase.

Once home I will do a bit more on the decluttering front, some sewing (at least finish the sleeves on the dress) and perhaps a bit of extra cleaning as well. I would love to bake, but don't think I will have the time today.

Last night our oldest DS called. It was nice to hear his voice and get his take on the political scene here in Canada right now, especially since the province he teaches in is spouting separation and pretty much telling the Liberal government that they have to follow the Conservative governments agenda or else.....

Then of course we had to have a bit of a discussion about Don Cherry. Love getting DS's very intelligent views on the political scene.

Frugally speaking, money will only be spent on items on the list made for shopping. I plan on perhaps getting a fat quarter of the colour blue that I would like to use as an accent colour and perhaps a dark brown one as well. I will leave off the yarn buying until I can get somewhere that has more of a selection and nicer yarns to choose from than our Walmart here in the city. The fat quarters I can at least use at some point in time for something.

Bills will be paid on line, and I will use the banks ATM at Walmart to cut down on my running around.

Meals will be made using what is on hand in the house. My menu plan for the month has gone kind of by the boards so that I could use items up from the fridge freezer. There is still lots in there, but I figure we need a break for a bit. So I am returning to what is on the menu for the next little while.

This means that supper tonight will be Hot Dogs, coleslaw, and fries. Something we have not had in a very long time.

Today I am grateful that things seem to be following the weather forecast and warming up.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:43 am

Good Morning,

The sunrise looks pretty out, but it is cold. I made myself fried fish and homemade hush puppies for dinner. My stomach was not happy most of the night.

I probably should find myself something productive to do in the evenings, like sewing. I seem to be sitting around waiting for it to be late enough to go to bed.

Have a great day,
Maggie

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 am

We were supposed to get down to freezing but didn;t happen. I'm glad.

We covered pipes plants and feral cats. But it only got down to 36. The wind has died down and its not too bad. Helps that i decided to turn on the furnace.

I've already been out with the pack. They are asleep again. We slept comfortably last night all cozy - pups all around me. :mrgreen:

Keeping it close to home again today. Boy don't know how i did it when i went to work in those cold places up north - North Dakota, Missouri, Nebraska, alaska - brrrr....

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:52 am

Good morning ...

The sun is out, but it's 13 degrees here, too. Wind chill is at 5 degrees. Had the fireplace going last night.

Put my application in for the insurance marketplace yesterday. I'm going to switch insurers due to the price hikes, so need to research who/what's included in the new insurer's network.

Outside of that, various chores today, and some bills, and some work on the tree skirt. Chicken in the crockpot for dinner.