Daily Check-in November 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check-in November 13, 2019

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

It's bitter this morning, mid 20s and windy with a high of about 32 degrees. Guess I'd better start getting used to it.

My sister (and niece) really now how to ruin a day. I no sooner get home yesterday and the phone rings . . . my niece has lost her job yet again. Personally I think it's because she has absolutely NO motivation and she's on her cell phone all day long when she is not "busy" herself with the primary tasks she was hired to do, she doesn't even think to go around and ask if there's anything that she can help with. I think this is the 4th one she's lost in about 3 years now . . . it's getting ridiculous.

Well I blew up and said well I can't help her any more than I already am and my sister said I didn't call you to ask you to help, I just wanted to tell you. Sure she did . . . she just wanted to see how I would respond if she did ask. I was upset. I told her that I gave away more than enough of my money to people over the years and now its my turn to spend it on me; that I didn't work 50 years and save just to give it away. If anyone still wants some of it, they're just going to have to wait until I'm gone and if there's some left so be it. She then told me that she suggested Kris ask her brother. I immediately told her not to get her started with the brother. It's the fastest way to cause resentment and even hatred between the two of them. My sister doesn't know how badly I resent her (my sister's) constant need for money. I got to a point where I felt I had NO choice but to help because if I didn't everything I did give them previously was for naught. Start getting the daughter used to being bailed out and she'll never have any reason to do for herself . . . so my sister now knows not me, not any more. That's over.

I'll be here for about another hour and then I head off to the dinner theatre and meet my social group to see "An American in Paris". I'm looking forward to it . . . I just hope that the event of yesterday doesn't ruin today for me too. As it was I got about 2 hours worth of sleep.

Sorry I had to vent . . . please forgive me.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Morning all -
Yes it is I - CG - awake at 9:03 a.m. Guess the political junkie in me overcomes the need to sleep as I will be glued to the hearings today.

Still fighting the dreaded bacterial infection. Hint to all - buy stock in Kleenex. I went back to the doctor yesterday and he put me back on an 11 day round of antibiotics. Hope this finally gets rid of it. I was able to sleep last night so that is an improvement.

Logics - vent away. Sadly probably the best thing you can do for your niece and sister is to not bail them out financially. It is so hard to deal with non-functional family - but until they are forced to clean up their own messes, they never will. Or at least that has been my experience with my family. I did this for years with my sister and now I see my youngest niece on the same road. She inherited 300k cash when her husband died two years ago and has almost none of it left. She does own her house and car but I expect a request for funds when the taxes come due. Hubs and I have decided, the bank is closed. It is so hard to draw lines.

Well I have a date with Mr. Schiff - so catch you all later.

Have a good one, CG.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I have been awake since 4:30 AM and out of bed since 5....should have waved at Janet LOL

I will probably have to nap this afternoon since I was up so early, but I have accomplished a good part of my list. Had to repair the chicken waterer, it sprung a leak...JB Weld to the rescue! I put a pan of water on the heater for them, until this cures...
I have already been in the attic, pulling Christmas décor, I wanted to get the tartan fabric out and get it starched and ironed for "my idea". I have decided to put out ALL of the décor when I decorate for Christmas, have the girls over for girls night and let them pick and take anything they want! My house is going to look like an overblown Christmas market until they take stuff but it has got to go!

Laundry going, will be racked to dry and need to clean and cut fruit, salad bar of sorts for supper tonight, with loaded baked potatoes as the hot dish.

I am going to run the vacuum here in a bit and then clean mirrors and hanging stuff.
I need to tear into the library closet and find the tote with my cobalt blue glass collection as I want to have it handy for January décor... I know it is a long way off but if I don't get it prepped now I might never get it done.

Later,
JCKitty
snowangel729

Post by snowangel729 »

Morning, it's 29 here. Very chilly. I made some fried egg sandwiches this morning. I have an appointment today at 2, I also put my resignation in this past weekend. My work has been very toxic for me lately.

Frugal wise: I made my own creamer this morning and will be depositing two checks I received this week. One is a rebate from lean cuisine and another a check for overpayment at my dr office.

Have a good day y'all

Snowangel
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

colonialgirl wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:13 am Morning all -
Yes it is I - CG - awake at 9:03 a.m. Guess the political junkie in me overcomes the need to sleep as I will be glued to the hearings today.

Still fighting the dreaded bacterial infection. Hint to all - buy stock in Kleenex. I went back to the doctor yesterday and he put me back on an 11 day round of antibiotics. Hope this finally gets rid of it. I was able to sleep last night so that is an improvement.

Logics - vent away. Sadly probably the best thing you can do for your niece and sister is to not bail them out financially. It is so hard to deal with non-functional family - but until they are forced to clean up their own messes, they never will. Or at least that has been my experience with my family. I did this for years with my sister and now I see my youngest niece on the same road. She inherited 300k cash when her husband died two years ago and has almost none of it left. She does own her house and car but I expect a request for funds when the taxes come due. Hubs and I have decided, the bank is closed. It is so hard to draw lines.

Well I have a date with Mr. Schiff - so catch you all later.

Have a good one, CG.
CG, I got out of the house early and to the bank by 9:15. I had to get back home because I, too, had a date with Mr. Schiff at 10 a.m.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

I keep dozing off. I had weird dreams in the night, including the same one that I had a few days ago. I finally stayed awake about 4 am.

I also took Tramadol before bed last night for muscle/bone pain--it's lessening but was enough to keep me shifting constantly in my seat on the way home from SLC yesterday, all 4 hours. I feel a bit dizzy & woozy today, I think it is from the Tramadol, its' side effects include dizziness, drowsiness, and ??? I got a low-grade headache from it on Monday too.

Yesterday we went out to see Dr P, my plastic surgeon, as he wanted to check me over to make sure that the chemo wasn't messing up his handiwork. I have posted an update in my cancer thread covering that visit, but as I typed it last night (yay, with minimal hand/wrist pain) I think I forgot some details, so even if you read it now, go back in a day or so for the rest of the details I'm hoping I can remember to put in there. However, for one happy bit--I get to have baths again now!!

I have really enjoyed having days to myself, so much so that I found that I have REALLY missed the quiet.
Monday my children were off from school due to the previous Friday being the end of the trimester, then yesterday Dh & I drove to my appt in SLC-- it was GOOD to be with him, and we had a few frank conversations on the way out (I slept most of the way home, I tried to stay away but my body overruled the brain). We also had the opportunity while out there to see an old friend, she was my college roommate 22 years ago, I saw her 5 years ago but I think dh hadn't seen her for 15 years. She and I keep in contact through Facebook & Fb messenger.

Regarding my friend L, she made me several double-sided soft knit hats/beanies, and she insisted I try a bottle of CBD oil, even if only topically, to see if it would help my pains. I'm excited to wear her hats, they are the softest ones I now have.
Chemo Doctor says I mustn't take CBD internally, even to help with bone/muscle pain, as there is a component in it that causes the body to not produce as many white blood cells, that it can cause the body to not metabolize the Chemo meds as quickly as normal which keeps the chemo in the body longer and can actually increase some pain. I don't know which of them to believe, but am leaning towards Chemo Doc--however I didn't want to offend her, so I took her oil. I'm going to do more research, and in meantime I do have plenty of time to make final decisions.

I reheated my pot of leftover tea, added in 2 diced mandarins and 1 fresh teabag--it's spicy but so good! Feels good on my mouth too.

Monday I had sent a variety of pictures to Chemo Doctor's team, mentioning my latest round of pains & sores. Tuesday morning early I got a reply back about them thinking that I have thrush, so we picked those Rx on our way home last night--yes to the thrush and I have liquid Nystatin to take for that, plus they gave me a mouth rinse & spit mix that is positively revolting and makes the nasty Nystatin taste delicious--but the mouth rinse dulls the mouth pain which was a blessing in helping me sleep last night.

There is a man from my church here cutting wood at neighbor's again; he has single-handedly cut Most of a semi-trailer load of logs, and split them. Our church supplies firewood to several widows and disabled people within our boundaries. The pile of cut & split chunks are almost as tall at his pickup truck and easily twice as long, probably twice teh width of his truck too. The pile would be so much bigger, but many loads have been hauled off to above said people.

High today is low 50's with overnight low at 25, same for the rest of the week, then dropping into the 40's next Tuesday, with chance of snow Thursday next week. It's sunny outside but there is a storm system passing overhead since yesterday, I can feel barometric pressure against my feet & ankles.

I hope you all are well, or as well as can be expected this time of year. I'm sitting upright at my computer and my belly is saying it is time to move around, or lay down. I'm also having breathing issues today, I'll blame it on barometric pressure and yesterday's travel.

I'm going to knit & wrap in a blanket & watch Hetty Feather. I may drop my blankets downstairs too, they stink, and their odor makes the nausea & bile rise at night when I'm attempting to sleep.

Today I'm thankful for warm house, knitting (since my wrists are aching less today), and sunshine to walk in. Oh yes, and for baths!! :lol: