Opposite of a Walmart Door Greeter

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
delighted99

Opposite of a Walmart Door Greeter

Post by delighted99 »

Just today I walked past one of these people who wanted to check my purchases. To be fair, he was already checking someone else's bag and I was not in the mood to wait.

I have never felt annoyed at this practice but it is always good to know your rights!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/treated-criminal-walmart-receipt-bag-090000205.html
GMPG54

Re: Opposite of a Walmart Door Greeter

Post by GMPG54 »

Here in upstate NY,they have replaced a lot of registers with the self checkout lanes and I wonder if this is the reason they have instituted this policy...doesn't bother me,either.
Carol V

Post by Carol V »

My old store started checking receipts a couple of years ago. People jump to conclusions as to why. Part of it IS the self checkout thing because it's just too easy to misscan, not scan, etc. and the scanner no longer alerts if there's an "unexpected item in the bagging area". It was actually started as a check on cashiers. It's really easy to miss large items in the bottom of the carts, like cases of water and large pet foods. So they check to make sure the cashiers caught it. Large unbagged items. My old store loses over a million dollars a year to shoplifters so I think it's kind of a 'necessary evil' but people will always automatically think they are being accused of something.

Employees have always had to show receipts at the door AND open backpacks, etc.. They don't complain.

I never hear people complain about being checked out at Costco or Sam's so why Walmart?? Because Walmart customers are so spoiled rotten they feel entitled and put upon.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

I didn't read the article, but …

Costco is a MEMBERSHIP store, and we sign an agreement that our purchases can be checked.

Walmart, is not a membership store.

I do NOT show my receipt at Walmart, I walk though, I'm polite, and say no thank you.

I have not been challenged.

As far as I'm concerned, if Walmart wants to follow me around In the store and follow me at check out, and follow me out, they are welcome to do that, but I will NOT show my receipt.

IC
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

and as a HA_HA they said that it was for inventories purposes ???

Excuse me, as I but things, that is their, (or should be) their inventory check.

GGGGRRRR

IC
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

When you get a SAMS or Costco membership - that is in the contract.

I don't go to either or Wal-Mart in person.