Daily Check-In November 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-In November 16, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

mbrudnic wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:43 pm Where we are going is what we need to figure out. We know 1) we are driving and 2) we are going south.

I too have a NetFlix card to watch The Crown. I got it to watch season 2 and never did. So I have 2 seasons to watch.
Enjoy your trip wherever yo go and safe travels. (I know you aren’t leaving for a few weeks.)
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I had a pleasant surprise with Netflix. Because it has been more than a year since I cancelled, they could not find my account and offered me 30 days free as a new member. Woo-Hoo! I could have left it at that but decided to “splurge” and also put in my gift card so I’ll have 2+ months free. (I did not have to put in a cc.)

In addition to The Crown a friend recommended the Kominsky Method plus I want to see The Assassination of Gianni Versace if it is still available. (We in Florida well remember the scary times when Versace’s killer was roaming the state.) And I saw that 2 seasons of Outlander (recommended by Jodi and also my friend who has read the books) is now on Netflix.

I’ll have to force myself not to watch too much TV.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good afternoon,
I am totally worn out. I have been working lots of hours at a yard duty job I have really been enjoying. yesterday it all caught up with me and I could barely get through the day. Luckily I have only two yard duty days next week and then Thanksgiving break. I feel like something may be brewing and being diabetic I really have to listen to my body. So I am going to take it easy for the next couple of weeks. They money coming in from working will help pay for the termite treatment that needs to be done on the house. I discovered some termite activity but caught it early so no damage. I know how it happened so once the entire underside is treated it should be fine. I also need gutter work done.

I have not been grocery shopping at all. With DS on a diet I have not needed anything and the freezers are still stuffed with food. I am trying to pare that down in the event of a power outage at some future point. Since our local utility company is publically owned I am not really worried about safety shutoffs. So all in all my current financial activity just involves shifting funds from point A to Point B. Due to all the work I have been doing I am seriously considering just ordering a small Thanksgiving dinner from where DS works. There will only be 3 of us so I am not inclined to cook a large spread.

My worst nightmare about my robovac - aka Dilbert almost happened. Well it did but not major. It appears a naughty kitty left a little surprise behind a bedroom door that I didn't catch before I unleashed him. Yep Dilbert got a little messy so I had to take him apart to clean and all the parts are drying. I am so thankful I do not have carpeting anywhere. note to self to close all doors and double check before sending Dilbert on his way.

Well I am off to put clean bedsheets on the bed and lay down to watch some TV and work on friend's quilt. Have a good one y'all!

Bev
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

We both enjoyed the visit to the craft fair. Really not thay much new.

So not only did we win our way in for nothing, Hubby won a door prize. He has gone to pick it up.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

WTG Jackie
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Hi, frugal ones. The afternoon has turned off cloudy after a nice day.

Today was the big coupon grocery shopping trip, which coincided with a sale on roasting chickens and hams. So we got a big cage free chicken for $7.71 and a nice little Kentucky ham for $9 and some change. Also bought most of the fixings for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Year's meals. The freezer and pantry are stuffed and we knocked about $45 off the cost.

Next stop was Ollie's Outlet, which was mobbed with shoppers. We had a coupon and bought three cans of fancy mixed nuts, a big jar of molasses, and a little bag of chocolate candy.

After shopping, I put my feet up and crocheted a coaster to test out some yarn found in the great closet purge. The yarn is fine for coasters, but it splits easily and would be annoying to use for a big project. Now Lily Dog is sleeping in my lap. She has her paw over her nose and is adorable.
Mackie