Daily Check In - November 17/19

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Daily Check In - November 17/19

Post by Mrscreative » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:41 am

Good morning- just getting us all started.

Mrscreative

Re: Daily Check In - November 17/19

Post by Mrscreative » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:52 am

Good morning once again!

I was determined to check in today. Have kept up reading everyone’s posts but by the time I was ready to post, I was just too tired!

It’s certainly a busy time of the year and trying to keep up with my daily fitness program, my online class, my housecleaning schedule, all meals from scratch and all the community craft shows has been challenging! I ended up falling asleep before 10:30 yesterday. But I am always awake before 6 so guess I needed that rest.

The temperatures have been above freezing so Dh took advantage of them and has started stringing the outdoor Christmas lights. We plan to do an outdoor run this morning and after that I plan on taking it easy all day long. There’s a couple of craft shows I would love to go to this afternoon, preferably without Dh as he gets bored too quickly.

I have to think of a meat entree for Dh and dd. No leftovers for them tonight! Will pull something from the freezer.

Off to finish laundry!
Creative

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:28 am

Good morning. It is (30 F) (-1 C ) with a wind chill of( 25 F) ( -4 C) but suppose to warm up to around (47 F) (8.3 C) Rain forecast for later this afternoon.
I slept well but had to take a muscle relaxer which means I will most likely fall asleep off and on....bummer.

Not much planned for today other than cooking. Not sure yet what it will be.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:40 am

Mrscreative wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:52 am
Good morning once again!

I was determined to check in today. Have kept up reading everyone’s posts but by the time I was ready to post, I was just too tired!

It’s certainly a busy time of the year and trying to keep up with my daily fitness program, my online class, my housecleaning schedule, all meals from scratch and all the community craft shows has been challenging! I ended up falling asleep before 10:30 yesterday. But I am always awake before 6 so guess I needed that rest.

The temperatures have been above freezing so Dh took advantage of them and has started stringing the outdoor Christmas lights. We plan to do an outdoor run this morning and after that I plan on taking it easy all day long. There’s a couple of craft shows I would love to go to this afternoon, preferably without Dh as he gets bored too quickly.

I have to think of a meat entree for Dh and dd. No leftovers for them tonight! Will pull something from the freezer.

Off to finish laundry!
Creative
We had rain yesterday, and freezing temps overnight. You might be getting this in a couple of days. It is supposed to warm up nicely again for the next couple of days, but with the warm up comes snow.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:41 am

alliesmama4 wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:28 am
Good morning. It is (30 F) (-1 C ) with a wind chill of( 25 F) ( -4 C) but suppose to warm up to around (47 F) (8.3 C) Rain forecast for later this afternoon.
I slept well but had to take a muscle relaxer which means I will most likely fall asleep off and on....bummer.

Not much planned for today other than cooking. Not sure yet what it will be.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
We had rain most of yesterday, and the temperature fell to freezing last night. The roads should be just lovely for the first part of the morning.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:04 am

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is not up yet thought the sky is becoming lighter, buildings down in the valley no longer look like big shadows, I am beginning to see features.

It rained for most of yesterday. Not a misty rain like most of our rains at this time of year. More like a fairly steady drizzle. The roads this morning will probably not be the nicest to drive on. I will be very careful driving to church today, as well as getting out of the car. No way am I going to fall and cause myself injury.

Hubby has two football games to watch today. So while he is busy doing that I will do some apron embroidery. I may search out more in the way of embroidery patterns to try and find something a bit more interesting than just the words or letters. Heck maybe there is a project I can try on the Cricut design page. I shallI look there as well.

I don't have many chores to accomplish today. Just the basics, and my usual weekly to do lists. Since that is the case I just may cut out a few more patterns. I think the new oven mitts and some new clothing items for me ( a couple of heavier skirts and a winter long sleeved dress).

How many episodes in each season of Pretty Little Liars are there? Each time I think season one must be over another episode pops up. I hope to finish the first season at some point today and do some knitting.

My morning walk on the treadmill will have to be accomplished after Mass today. I am finding the novelty of walking 10k steps at least a day is wearing on me. I kind of took Thursday off of walking this week so really need to at least give it a try today. I probably won't be walking as much on Monday as it is Prayer Shawls in the afternoon.

Frugally speaking no money will be spent as it is not envelope day at Mass and with what I think could be bad road conditions I will not be wondering around the city madly spending cash.

I will hopefully be using up more of the fabric stash getting projects ready to sew. My sewing/craft room looks pretty ugly right now, but than it always does once I get busy in there. I want to do a major tidy and reorganization in there once all the projects are completed (or at least most of them are completed.

Meals will be eaten at home with what is on hand. Lots of food to choose from and lots of leftovers to use up. I may package some of the leftover lazy preogies for youngest DS today.

Supper this evening is going to be a pork roast with roasted potatoes, roasted carrots and a tossed salad. Pretty sure both Hubby's football games will be over by 6.

Today I am grateful for having all that we need.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.