Daily Check In - November 17/19

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check In - November 17/19

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning.

So my "Sunday friend " has been visiting , I picked her up on Tues and dropped her off in The City, at her friends, yesterday. Yesterday was a long day, I slept in today until 7AM!!!

Goldie just loves her, if Goldie could put herself in my friends pocket and live with her she would !!!! Good grief. So much for mama.

Sunday friend will be back the first week of Dec, in the meantime, even though she is a very thoughtful guest, it's nice to have the house back to ourselves.

Yesterday on the way to the city we stopped by my younger sisters house, I wanted to show off my sisters house, she is an artist and he house is amazing.

It will be strange to not call her today 8-)

IC
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Beautiful day here

Sunny and warm enough that i don't have to bundle up to go outside. I even wore flip flops - no socks

I slept great. Even went back to bed after the first outing with the pups. Felt so relaxing

So going to putter around like everyone else. I made bacon, potatoes O'Brien (from Schwans) and scrambled eggs.

No oatmeal today. Have been doing the oatmeal diet during the week.

Might run to the store for some indidentals and another cat bed.

Have a great day all
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I think our Fall was perhaps the shortest I have experienced in a long time. I just am not ready for this cold of weather this time of year. We usually always have "Indian Summer" through Thanksgiving.

I haven't felt well this week-end either, been sneezing and coughing so I am probably coming down with a cold. I have been keeping up with all of you, but just haven't had the time to post as well. I am overwhelmed right now with the holidays approaching as my spare time that I use to have is a day of the past. I am struggling to keep up, but maybe I will get use to it. You never realize just how much there is to do until you no longer have a man around the house to help out. You may not think they do their share, but most of them do and I hope somehow DH knows how much I appreciated him when he was alive. I did thank him occasionally for fixing meals, but for the other things I took him for granted. Taking the car to get it serviced, if the air is low in tires, which happens in this cold weather for some reason. Going to the grocery store and helping carry in groceries and put away in the proper places and taking care of things that would go wrong at the rentals and he always kept my car filled with gas. He would have had a fit if he thought I had to pump gas. I always enjoy reading how Jackie's and Rinty's husband step up to the plate and they praise them on here for it. Gayle, I am hoping that yours has stepped up to the plate more for you while you are going through your ordeal. If he doesn't he should be totally ashamed of himself.

I did get my two small Christmas trees partially decorated yesterday and will go and try to finish them when I finish this post. I am also going to make a big batch of spaghetti sauce to simmer before I do it to freeze for the upcoming weeks. Spaghetti is one of the things that I can eat that I don't seem to have lost my appetite for. I have to force myself to eat a hamburger and I have always loved those darn things. Lost 4 lbs last month and the dietitian had a meeting with me last Friday. She has requested that I make a list of my meals. Just something else that I don't have the time for. They don't want you losing weight unless you are overweight and I'm not.

I want to knit a few pot scrubbers to give along with my Christmas gifts and plan to do that at night when I go to bed. Hopefully, I can get them done that way and I love those things. I would also like to make some bowl holders, but will probably wait until after Thanksgiving to do those.

I am going to get off here and start my chores that I want to finish today before bedtime. All of you have a wonderful week and stay warm.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:40 pm Good Afternoon Everyone,

I think our Fall was perhaps the shortest I have experienced in a long time. I just am not ready for this cold of weather this time of year. We usually always have "Indian Summer" through Thanksgiving.

I haven't felt well this week-end either, been sneezing and coughing so I am probably coming down with a cold. I have been keeping up with all of you, but just haven't had the time to post as well. I am overwhelmed right now with the holidays approaching as my spare time that I use to have is a day of the past. I am struggling to keep up, but maybe I will get use to it. You never realize just how much there is to do until you no longer have a man around the house to help out. You may not think they do their share, but most of them do and I hope somehow DH knows how much I appreciated him when he was alive. I did thank him occasionally for fixing meals, but for the other things I took him for granted. Taking the car to get it serviced, if the air is low in tires, which happens in this cold weather for some reason. Going to the grocery store and helping carry in groceries and put away in the proper places and taking care of things that would go wrong at the rentals and he always kept my car filled with gas. He would have had a fit if he thought I had to pump gas. I always enjoy reading how Jackie's and Rinty's husband step up to the plate and they praise them on here for it. Gayle, I am hoping that yours has stepped up to the plate more for you while you are going through your ordeal. If he doesn't he should be totally ashamed of himself.

I did get my two small Christmas trees partially decorated yesterday and will go and try to finish them when I finish this post. I am also going to make a big batch of spaghetti sauce to simmer before I do it to freeze for the upcoming weeks. Spaghetti is one of the things that I can eat that I don't seem to have lost my appetite for. I have to force myself to eat a hamburger and I have always loved those darn things. Lost 4 lbs last month and the dietitian had a meeting with me last Friday. She has requested that I make a list of my meals. Just something else that I don't have the time for. They don't want you losing weight unless you are overweight and I'm not.

I want to knit a few pot scrubbers to give along with my Christmas gifts and plan to do that at night when I go to bed. Hopefully, I can get them done that way and I love those things. I would also like to make some bowl holders, but will probably wait until after Thanksgiving to do those.

I am going to get off here and start my chores that I want to finish today before bedtime. All of you have a wonderful week and stay warm.
You take care of yourself.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Started the apron. My machine embroidery went nicely. Now comes the regular sewing. Taking a break and reading the directions over yet again. I will be making a few small changes.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
rinty

Post by rinty »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:40 pm Good Afternoon Everyone,

LittleMiss , re losing weight in dialysis. When my DM kept losing weight they had a supplement they put into her blood directly.............her weight was dropping off her at the time. She got back up to a reasonable weight and they were so happy with her healthwise she was even thought of as a contender for a transplant.

Thought of you lately.....I have been loving a Crafter and YouTuber called lyriclover.........my fav one of hers is called Hot Cocoa Pouches........too cute. I have been phaffing about with this years Hot Chocolate Station. Found the marshmallows with snowman faces that Walmart/ASDA do........RESULT. And this years new addition is my silver plated sugar tongs I got at an antique stall in summer.

You are right re my DH, I was thinking just that as you were mentioning the " stuff" like tyre checking. Love him til it hurts x