Daily Check In - November 17/19

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In - November 17/19

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:40 pm Good Afternoon Everyone,

I think our Fall was perhaps the shortest I have experienced in a long time. I just am not ready for this cold of weather this time of year. We usually always have "Indian Summer" through Thanksgiving.

I haven't felt well this week-end either, been sneezing and coughing so I am probably coming down with a cold. I have been keeping up with all of you, but just haven't had the time to post as well. I am overwhelmed right now with the holidays approaching as my spare time that I use to have is a day of the past. I am struggling to keep up, but maybe I will get use to it. You never realize just how much there is to do until you no longer have a man around the house to help out. You may not think they do their share, but most of them do and I hope somehow DH knows how much I appreciated him when he was alive. I did thank him occasionally for fixing meals, but for the other things I took him for granted. Taking the car to get it serviced, if the air is low in tires, which happens in this cold weather for some reason. Going to the grocery store and helping carry in groceries and put away in the proper places and taking care of things that would go wrong at the rentals and he always kept my car filled with gas. He would have had a fit if he thought I had to pump gas. I always enjoy reading how Jackie's and Rinty's husband step up to the plate and they praise them on here for it. Gayle, I am hoping that yours has stepped up to the plate more for you while you are going through your ordeal. If he doesn't he should be totally ashamed of himself.

I did get my two small Christmas trees partially decorated yesterday and will go and try to finish them when I finish this post. I am also going to make a big batch of spaghetti sauce to simmer before I do it to freeze for the upcoming weeks. Spaghetti is one of the things that I can eat that I don't seem to have lost my appetite for. I have to force myself to eat a hamburger and I have always loved those darn things. Lost 4 lbs last month and the dietitian had a meeting with me last Friday. She has requested that I make a list of my meals. Just something else that I don't have the time for. They don't want you losing weight unless you are overweight and I'm not.

I want to knit a few pot scrubbers to give along with my Christmas gifts and plan to do that at night when I go to bed. Hopefully, I can get them done that way and I love those things. I would also like to make some bowl holders, but will probably wait until after Thanksgiving to do those.

I am going to get off here and start my chores that I want to finish today before bedtime. All of you have a wonderful week and stay warm.
Libby good to hear from you.I know you are going through a lot of adjustments with your lifestyle. I had to learn to cut back on things and just realize I am not going to be able to do the things I use to.

Our Fall was also too short.. Bummer since I look forward to it all year.

I do hope you can pick up the weight you are loosing. Nutrition is important. Take care. Love and ((hugs)) from your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Teddi and I went for a ride. I had to take my water bill to the village or else pay a penalty if it was not in their office box first thing tomorrow. I usually mail it but it just slipped my mind this month. I decided to take a short drive in a different direction on the way home. A lot of people were putting up their Christmas decorations outside. Maybe taking advantage of the somewhat warmer day today. I love the look of what they are doing. Wish I could do more here. In my other homes I did a lot more decorating outside but here the porch is just a couple of steps with an overhang. I do have some wreaths I put on the two windows outside where the sewing/craft room is and the tree usually is inside in the dining room bay window but compared to what others are doing I look will look like Scrooge..lol. It was nice to get out where the end of the ride did not end with me going to a Drs office or hospital..
Janet Alliesmama
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Mackie, what happened to your robo-vac? I hope you get it back soon.

Bev
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Hi LittleMiss

Hope you feel better and can get back into your routine. Is it the dialysis or meds you take making you lose your appetite?

And you are right about having someone around to help. The COD does a lot. I read women complain about the man not doing the dishes or other housework type things, but i often wonder do they take note of the outside type things they do?

The COD takes care of my vehicle also. He had it inspected yesterday. Washes it weekly. Spent all day yesterday cleaning the yard. Feeds all our feral animals around here twice a day. Buys all the extra food for them etc.

you take care of yourself.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Bev, the robot vac's infrared eye burned out, so it could no longer "see" to vacuum and would just back up from the charging station and stop. We hope it can be fixed inexpensively, as it is out of warranty. We used it six days a week for more than two years without any trouble. The Neato customer service tech said most people run them only a couple of times a week, so it has been very sturdy.
Mackie
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:04 am Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is not up yet thought the sky is becoming lighter, buildings down in the valley no longer look like big shadows, I am beginning to see features.

It rained for most of yesterday. Not a misty rain like most of our rains at this time of year. More like a fairly steady drizzle. The roads this morning will probably not be the nicest to drive on. I will be very careful driving to church today, as well as getting out of the car. No way am I going to fall and cause myself injury.

Hubby has two football games to watch today. So while he is busy doing that I will do some apron embroidery. I may search out more in the way of embroidery patterns to try and find something a bit more interesting than just the words or letters. Heck maybe there is a project I can try on the Cricut design page. I shallI look there as well.

I don't have many chores to accomplish today. Just the basics, and my usual weekly to do lists. Since that is the case I just may cut out a few more patterns. I think the new oven mitts and some new clothing items for me ( a couple of heavier skirts and a winter long sleeved dress).

How many episodes in each season of Pretty Little Liars are there? Each time I think season one must be over another episode pops up. I hope to finish the first season at some point today and do some knitting.

My morning walk on the treadmill will have to be accomplished after Mass today. I am finding the novelty of walking 10k steps at least a day is wearing on me. I kind of took Thursday off of walking this week so really need to at least give it a try today. I probably won't be walking as much on Monday as it is Prayer Shawls in the afternoon.

Frugally speaking no money will be spent as it is not envelope day at Mass and with what I think could be bad road conditions I will not be wondering around the city madly spending cash.

I will hopefully be using up more of the fabric stash getting projects ready to sew. My sewing/craft room looks pretty ugly right now, but than it always does once I get busy in there. I want to do a major tidy and reorganization in there once all the projects are completed (or at least most of them are completed.

Meals will be eaten at home with what is on hand. Lots of food to choose from and lots of leftovers to use up. I may package some of the leftover lazy preogies for youngest DS today.

Supper this evening is going to be a pork roast with roasted potatoes, roasted carrots and a tossed salad. Pretty sure both Hubby's football games will be over by 6.

Today I am grateful for having all that we need.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie, I too am grateful for having all that we need.