Daily Check In - November 17/19

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In - November 17/19

Post by ChristmasTrees »

rinty wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:08 am Joining with the Putterers today.

I have done most is chat to family via phone /text and in person and its been nice.

DS not at his best, normally I take him out when he's with us but haven't this time and he doesn't seem to care, I've done thinsg with h at home.

Got the DGKs to commit to their pressies from us, ( well, got this info via their parenst intercepting Santa lists )

DD dropped by with decluttered toys readying her brood for the NEW STUFF. I will take it all into school, it will be handy for WeT Pland after school club.

I cooked 2 chickens as requested by DH but circumstances meant we have no guests .....so he and I will be eating a LOT of chicken all week. It is what it is, family emergency. I was ahead of DH so I only cooked the chickens not all the sides. I did make a large panful of gravy from the meat juices. And it is AMBROSIA.

Tomorrow once DH is home we' ll have chicken, sprousts and mashed potato with the gravy, then we'll play with leftovers all week ;)

DS is napping, he's not himself. DH will be going to the hospital this week to get the MRI results he will ask lots of questions .

I can sp ;) ell, truly its all the pop ups.

Look after yourselves
Rinty, Sorry Tom is not himself. I think everyone here just loves that boy and we all wish him the very best. Please give him a gentle hug from his "Auntie Trees".
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:40 pm Good Afternoon Everyone,

I think our Fall was perhaps the shortest I have experienced in a long time. I just am not ready for this cold of weather this time of year. We usually always have "Indian Summer" through Thanksgiving.

I haven't felt well this week-end either, been sneezing and coughing so I am probably coming down with a cold. I have been keeping up with all of you, but just haven't had the time to post as well. I am overwhelmed right now with the holidays approaching as my spare time that I use to have is a day of the past. I am struggling to keep up, but maybe I will get use to it. You never realize just how much there is to do until you no longer have a man around the house to help out. You may not think they do their share, but most of them do and I hope somehow DH knows how much I appreciated him when he was alive. I did thank him occasionally for fixing meals, but for the other things I took him for granted. Taking the car to get it serviced, if the air is low in tires, which happens in this cold weather for some reason. Going to the grocery store and helping carry in groceries and put away in the proper places and taking care of things that would go wrong at the rentals and he always kept my car filled with gas. He would have had a fit if he thought I had to pump gas. I always enjoy reading how Jackie's and Rinty's husband step up to the plate and they praise them on here for it. Gayle, I am hoping that yours has stepped up to the plate more for you while you are going through your ordeal. If he doesn't he should be totally ashamed of himself.

I did get my two small Christmas trees partially decorated yesterday and will go and try to finish them when I finish this post. I am also going to make a big batch of spaghetti sauce to simmer before I do it to freeze for the upcoming weeks. Spaghetti is one of the things that I can eat that I don't seem to have lost my appetite for. I have to force myself to eat a hamburger and I have always loved those darn things. Lost 4 lbs last month and the dietitian had a meeting with me last Friday. She has requested that I make a list of my meals. Just something else that I don't have the time for. They don't want you losing weight unless you are overweight and I'm not.

I want to knit a few pot scrubbers to give along with my Christmas gifts and plan to do that at night when I go to bed. Hopefully, I can get them done that way and I love those things. I would also like to make some bowl holders, but will probably wait until after Thanksgiving to do those.

I am going to get off here and start my chores that I want to finish today before bedtime. All of you have a wonderful week and stay warm.
LittleMiss~ You are a lovely person and I am certain that your DH knew that you appreciated him.
DianeMNurse

Post by DianeMNurse »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:40 pm Good Afternoon Everyone,

I think our Fall was perhaps the shortest I have experienced in a long time. I just am not ready for this cold of weather this time of year. We usually always have "Indian Summer" through Thanksgiving.

I haven't felt well this week-end either, been sneezing and coughing so I am probably coming down with a cold. I have been keeping up with all of you, but just haven't had the time to post as well. I am overwhelmed right now with the holidays approaching as my spare time that I use to have is a day of the past. I am struggling to keep up, but maybe I will get use to it. You never realize just how much there is to do until you no longer have a man around the house to help out. You may not think they do their share, but most of them do and I hope somehow DH knows how much I appreciated him when he was alive. I did thank him occasionally for fixing meals, but for the other things I took him for granted. Taking the car to get it serviced, if the air is low in tires, which happens in this cold weather for some reason. Going to the grocery store and helping carry in groceries and put away in the proper places and taking care of things that would go wrong at the rentals and he always kept my car filled with gas. He would have had a fit if he thought I had to pump gas. I always enjoy reading how Jackie's and Rinty's husband step up to the plate and they praise them on here for it. Gayle, I am hoping that yours has stepped up to the plate more for you while you are going through your ordeal. If he doesn't he should be totally ashamed of himself.

I did get my two small Christmas trees partially decorated yesterday and will go and try to finish them when I finish this post. I am also going to make a big batch of spaghetti sauce to simmer before I do it to freeze for the upcoming weeks. Spaghetti is one of the things that I can eat that I don't seem to have lost my appetite for. I have to force myself to eat a hamburger and I have always loved those darn things. Lost 4 lbs last month and the dietitian had a meeting with me last Friday. She has requested that I make a list of my meals. Just something else that I don't have the time for. They don't want you losing weight unless you are overweight and I'm not.

I want to knit a few pot scrubbers to give along with my Christmas gifts and plan to do that at night when I go to bed. Hopefully, I can get them done that way and I love those things. I would also like to make some bowl holders, but will probably wait until after Thanksgiving to do those.

I am going to get off here and start my chores that I want to finish today before bedtime. All of you have a wonderful week and stay warm.
LittleMiss- it’s only been 17 mos since my husband died & I have learned so much of what he did for me & around the house. I have often thanked him out loud (good that I’m here alone most days!!!). I hope I didn’t take him for granted, though I am afraid I did. I do think that I did lots behind the scenes that he didn’t realize either. I just learned this week how to change all the furnace filters! I never did any outside or car chores. At all. I miss him all day. Everyday