Daily Check In November 19, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In November 19, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Coffee almost ready. I am off to get me a cup. Back in a moment or three.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In November 19, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Will be doing this piece by piece and editing or doing another whole post. Mine seem to be disappearing this morning.

It is just below freezing today, so perhaps I will try to get outside for a short walk. I will also use the treadmill a little bit. That does make it easier to get the 10k steps in each and everyday.

I really am doing this bit by bit as I had typed a longer passage and pouf it disappeared.

Today is a bit slower as far as chores go. I do have ironing to do, but no mending (well I could darn socks but will put that off for awhile). Instead I have a Pastoral Council meeting tonight where I hope to get some answers. I have said I will do the shopping for décor and help with set up for the function. Which takes place next Sunday. I still have not heard a darn thing about what I am to do or how they want the décor (this event is only 6 days away). I can not work this way!!! Another thing I noticed is that lots of people have not signed up to help at all. Really with the amount of people on council this list of jobs should be filled and then some. Questions will be asked and answers given tonight if I have my way.

This afternoon I hope to work on the apron for Hubby once more. I have managed to get a few things done, but did not get anything done yesterday due to Prayer Shawl ministry and I just did not feel like sewing when I got home. So today I will spend an hour or so getting more work accomplished on this gift. Really the embroidery the machine did a couple of days ago is gorgeous.

Frugally the usual things will be happening here. I am hoping for another no spend day (which really should happen as there is nothing we need) and some more use it ups to the last drop will be happening.

I plan on getting some more decluttering done (spoke to soon and part of the post disappeared) and the results of the decluttering loaded into the vehicle for drop off either tonight on the way to the meeting or tomorrow morning.

Hope to finish off the second season of Pretty Little Liars over the next couple of days. My box is on the fritz so I am watching Netflix and Prime for the next while.

Supper tonight will be something from the fridge freezer. I am really trying to clean up that area as things seem to get lost in the far reaches of the baskets. It will more than likely be a chicken (or turkey) on toast night.

Today I am grateful for the edit feature here on the forum, as it enabled me to actually post something today.

See you all again later.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning all,

It is a chilly, sunless morning here, but Florida sunshine is promised for later. The house is maintaining temperature ok, so no heat required. We had hoped for a better resistance against the cold air.

My new battery and solar panels arrived yesterday afternoon. Battery technology is improving and this battery does more, better than earlier ones. At least in theory. I won't deploy it for awhile because I have other projects going. We can't go totally solar because I have so many trees shading the house and property.

Today, I have to hang around for the flooring guy to fix the "footprint" of my kitchen floor. It is a minor job. It may take an hour if he is competent. I sure hope so. I have plenty of flooring for him to work with, but no glue. We had to have glue down flooring rather than click type. This was recommended by our regular flooring guy. One day, hubs will be in an electric wheelchair and they are very heavy. There is a real risk of floor damage from the weight. The glue down has worked well, so it is good.

Today is the day I plan to get my "free" turkey from Publix. I have a $10 gift coupon. When the turkey is cheap, $10 goes a long way on a turkey. I got one from Winn Dixie last weekend for 39c/lb. They had Libby canned vegetables on sale and a couple of other things, so making the $30 minimum purchase was easy.

Yesterday, I worked on the north concrete wall. Today, I am grateful that I have no aches or pains. Have a good day everyone.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

So Cousin N and I decided to go to Savannah and then Charleston on our vacation in a few weeks. I have reserved lodging for Charleston, now need to do Savannah. I decided I need to replace my black walking shoes. Amazon is due to deliver them today.

I am putting together a box to send DS2 for the Feast St. Nicholas on December 6. Traditionally, St. Nick fills shoes or stockings with candies, nuts and fruit. He's not a big nut or orange fan. I will send it to him in spite of the fact that he will be in town for Thanksgiving the week before, because it is fun to receive mail.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:46 am Good Morning friends,

So Cousin N and I decided to go to Savannah and then Charleston on our vacation in a few weeks. I have reserved lodging for Charleston, now need to do Savannah. I decided I need to replace my black walking shoes. Amazon is due to deliver them today.

I am putting together a box to send DS2 for the Feast St. Nicholas on December 6. Traditionally, St. Nick fills shoes or stockings with candies, nuts and fruit. He's not a big nut or orange fan. I will send it to him in spite of the fact that he will be in town for Thanksgiving the week before, because it is fun to receive mail.

Have a great day,
Maggie
It is always great fun to get mail. I really wish that more people would write letters (though I am getting bad as well).
Jackie
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

It is my dneice’s birthday today, I gave a shoutout to her on the family Whatsapp group chat.

Cloudy & 26*F (-3.3333C) now with high to be 55*F today, with a severe storm warning for tonight. We have a 70% chance of rain tomorrow and 40% chance of snow for Thursday, then the temps are going to drop to mid- to low-30’s F for daytime highs, with lows in mid-teens. ☹️☹️ I Have been enjoying this warmer weather!!

I awoke 2x in the night, the last time I was thumping my belly... so my belly hurts this morning. I did sleep past 5:30am today.

Dh kept himself & dd6 quarantined last night & yesterday again; I awoke with a sore throat again—I’ll gargle with my mouth-numbing swish & spit mouth rinse again, it takes away the soreness for 1-2 days. I’ve had a sore throat since the day after Chemo.

I will knit again for my fun today, doing the same as yesterday. I made two dishcloths yesterday while watching Hetty Feather and Father Brown episodes.

Ds11 has an appointment with a podiatrist today, I’ve got quite rigamarole figured out to get him picked up after school, and to his appt, but I’m confident it’ll work.

Dh says Spanish rice & ground beef w/salad for dinner.

Today I’m thankful for sunshine & good friends.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.