Daily Check in December 1, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check in December 1, 201

Post by floridacatlover »

rinty wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:05 pm
Hey guys,

Happy December !

Yesterday, FloridaCat, I went to Bath Christmas market with a group of friends :D

SO MUCH FUN. SO MUCH Christmassy stuff ! Its all around the Bath Abbey so its awash with history and general gorgeousness. And , as it was the first Saturday......so many people :shock:

We all had a great time. we started with breakfast/brunch after our train journey in a very boutique tea shoppe called Sweet Little Things. It was all pink and teal with walls completely COVERED in flowers, tufted velvet seats, even a flower covered swing. Food was beautifully presented too. Vegan and GF options, just perfect. I had a dish of grilled mushrrom with pesto, on toasted sourdough topped with a poached egg. OMGosh.

We shopped til utter exhaustion drove us to the train station. We had been lucky with breakfast but by later afternoon there as NOT a single seat in any restaurant or café, so we came home and had a sharing platter in a local pub and called it done.

Lovley start to the Christmas season. Today we had all the family round which was nice, just a buffet, the DDS brought desserts.

Back to work tomorrow, BLAH. TRying hard to be supportive and be the solution not the problem ;) We have leftovers which will be dinner for tomorrow AT LEAST.

Need to book some appointments going forward, two late nights only, hopefully and come up withs oemthing Christmassy for craft club. Toying with a felt Christmas ornament edged in blanket stitch, trouble is the lack of trad Christmas coloured felt..........no red or green.

We will put up the decorations at some point this week, DH has plans so I am letting him drive this year ;) I'll do the kitchen and bedrooms ;) DH will be dropping off the Salvation Army gifts this week. Bath had a wonderful SA band so I was able to drop off our cash SA donation, and tell them about how they made Christmas 1971 for my family.

Anyway off to wrap up leftovers
Rinty, the Bath Christmas Market sounds SO nice!! I can picture the area around Bath Abbey with the Christmas stalls there. The brunch tea shop sounds beautiful. We had such a fun day in Bath and I love it there. I’m glad that you had such a lovely day.

mbrudnic

Re: Daily Check in December 1, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

icfrugal1 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:12 pm
My father died in 1985, my step mother gave me his printer, a BIG one, the printer cabinet had printer paper in it, I'm still using that :-)

Are you proud of me ??

IC
I am amazed you have drivers for it. I have gotten rid of a few printer due to no drivers for updated Operating Systems.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

floridacatlover wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:27 am
Good morning friends.

Today is my sweet Pippi’s 17th birthday. (It is not the actual date but the date I’ve chosen to celebrate.) I adopted her at four months old from the shelter. I would like to give her her favorite Temptations treats (still have an unopened bag) but she is doing so well on the thyroid food I probably won’t mess with success. (I can hear my mom now saying, “Let her have a few.”) I did buy her a new toy yesterday and she was after it as soon as I took it out of the bag. I took a really cute video on my phone. She has brought so, so much JOY to my life.

Late this morning I’ll meet my friend for coffee. (I’ll use a free gift card from Bing.) Then I’ll go to mom’s house and put the Christmas wreath on the door and walk the yard to see if anything needs to be done. There is always something to do in the yard but this time of year things are pretty laid back.

I got most of my decorating finished yesterday. I still need to put out my own Christmas wreath and a few outside decorations. I don’t do outside lights. I received my first Christmas card yesterday from a friend of mom’s who is either 102 or 103. Amazing! Still lives in her own home in Tennessee but her daughter lives next door.

Yesterday I was able to get a book of Christmas stamps at the Publix checkout so I won’t need to go to the P.O. tomorrow. I’ll work on cards tomorrow.

I slept really well last night and feel more rested than yesterday.

Have a good day.
Super happy birthday to Pippi, Love that the two of you have had each other for 17 years.

IC

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

mbrudnic wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:31 pm
I am amazed you have drivers for it. I have gotten rid of a few printer due to no drivers for updated Operating Systems.
Oh no, I got rid of the printer years ago, it's just the paper , regular paper LOL he must have bought a carton of 10 reems of it.

At any rate, the paper fits into my 2018 printer.

I did have a box of the old printer paper dot matrix, that I got rid of years ago.

IC

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good evening. Had a lazy day. Was up super early but had two naps before 11:45 AM..lol. We have had high winds since midnight,up to 45 mph, and rain. We did not get the snow and I was disappointed.

My oldest niece called last night and we talked for hours. She lives in Arizona. She has sold her big home and moved to a 55 and older senior community. She said she loves it. She still works and will fly off to Japan on Monday. She has invited me to join her at her time share in Mexico for the last week of February and the first week of March. It is right next to my brothers condo in Pureto Vallarta. I would love to go but not next year too close to going to my nephews wedding in Tennessee. My brother told her to tell me he would pay for my airfare. It is just too physically demanding.

I still have a sore throat so will call the Drs office tomorrow to see if I can get an appointment.

Florida Cat so happy that you have had so many happy years with Pippi. May you have many more.

Rinty and FloridaCat I have been to Bath as well. It has always been a dream of mine to return to the UK around the Christmas holiday but will have to live vicariously through you.
Janet Alliesmama

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

icfrugal1 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:02 pm
Oh no, I got rid of the printer years ago, it's just the paper , regular paper LOL he must have bought a carton of 10 reems of it.

At any rate, the paper fits into my 2018 printer.

I did have a box of the old printer paper dot matrix, that I got rid of years ago.

IC
Got it, I was very jealous...