Daily Check In December 3, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check In December 3, 2019

Post by LWolfT »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:16 pm hello Friends,

I think I mentioned a few months ago that my friend was going to do a tree for me in the annual Trees for Charity, she msg'd me last night that it sold for $19,500. :o :o I am still stunned! I guess I figured no one would buy it, or that it would only go for $1000-2000. How do you thank someone for that? I will write a thank-you note, but it seems almost too little.

Gayle, that's wonderful!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I think I mentioned a few months ago that my friend was going to do a tree for me in the annual Trees for Charity, she msg'd me last night that it sold for $19,500. :o :o I am still stunned! I guess I figured no one would buy it, or that it would only go for $1000-2000. How do you thank someone for that? I will write a thank-you note, but it seems almost too little.

I am weaving in ends on the dishcloths that I have knitted over the past few weeks, and watching YouTube videos to get ideas on a cute wrapping for them.

I just called one of the nurses at Huntsman, she has agreed to pass out my little packages. I'm giving some of my dishcloths to my medical team at Huntsman.

Gayle, that is so fantastic! That is certainly a very generous person or persons!

I know that your Thursday chemo treatment won’t be easy, but I’m glad it is this week and you’ll have almost three weeks to recouperate before Christmas.

(((Hugs)))
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by gaylejackson2 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:16 pm

hello Friends,

I've been sitting with my feet up, as I had badly swollen ankles Sunday night then somewhat swollen again last night. I did wear compression stockings on Sunday on the way home from OR, but I don't think they were very good.
We drove home from Oregon on Sunday, we left the in-law's house in a near-blizzard which made traveling difficult, though the farther west we went, we got out of the storm after 230 miles. Still took us 15 hours to drive what normally takes us 10 hours.

I am weaving in ends on the dishcloths that I have knitted over the past few weeks, and watching YouTube videos to get ideas on a cute wrapping for them.

I just called one of the nurses at Huntsman, she has agreed to pass out my little packages. I'm giving some of my dishcloths to my medical team at Huntsman.

I tried to log onto my children's school accounts to pay lunch money, but the system is down. I'll have to reset my alarm for tomorrow morning and hope the website works then.

Ds15 went to OR with the flu, poor kid, and never got better. Dh & I took him to Urgent Care yesterday to discover that he has pneumonia, he has quarantined himself in his room, and sleeps.

Thursday is my 2nd chemo treatment which has a couple of prior appointments, then Friday is my appointment with Dr Panucci- hopefully he pulls in Dr Goodwin so we have more of an opportunity to talk with him than only on the day of my surgery. We will go out on Thursday morning-- dh had promised the girls that they could come along as Friday is dd8's 9th birthday, so I have had to go begging among all my family & friends for someone to watch the girls on Thursday; I think I've got it all figured out now though.

I also have blood labs to be drawn tomorrow morning so my chemo Dr knows how high my white blood count is, and if it's good enough for me to get this next chemo treatment.

Not sure on dinner tonight... I'd like to simmer last night's chicken carcass and have chicken soup, but will ask dh as he's teh cook these days.

Today I'm thankful that I can rest before the next lengthy car ride.
I am glad that her tree for you did so well. I think a nice Thank you note would be what you should do.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Penny
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Gayle, that is wonderful about the tree!

I have been sewing most of the afternoon, creating a big, fun floor pillow out of bits and bobs from my fabric stash for my favorite four year old wild child. The top is pieced -together denim from old jeans with special pockets for toys and a flag motif because the kid it's being made for is 100 percent American boy.

The floor side is tan wide-wale corduroy. Except for the Velcro and thread, everything in the project is recycled. I still need to make the pillow insert and do a tiny bit of hand sewing, but it's almost finished.

I also spent a good 20 minutes in the CVS pharmacy giving them an earful about trying to fill old prescriptions that I no longer need and had already informed them of such. Usually I would not go into my entire medical history in public, but the dude behind me in line was ancient and absolutely reeked of marijuana, so I was pretty sure he would not remember a thing he heard!
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I've been sitting with my feet up, as I had badly swollen ankles Sunday night then somewhat swollen again last night. I did wear compression stockings on Sunday on the way home from OR, but I don't think they were very good.
We drove home from Oregon on Sunday, we left the in-law's house in a near-blizzard which made traveling difficult, though the farther west we went, we got out of the storm after 230 miles. Still took us 15 hours to drive what normally takes us 10 hours.

I tried to log onto my children's school accounts to pay lunch money, but the system is down. I'll have to reset my alarm for tomorrow morning and hope the website works then.

Ds15 went to OR with the flu, poor kid, and never got better. Dh & I took him to Urgent Care yesterday to discover that he has pneumonia, he has quarantined himself in his room, and sleeps.

Thursday is my 2nd chemo treatment which has a couple of prior appointments, then Friday is my appointment with Dr Panucci- hopefully he pulls in Dr Goodwin so we have more of an opportunity to talk with him than only on the day of my surgery. We will go out on Thursday morning-- dh had promised the girls that they could come along as Friday is dd8's 9th birthday, so I have had to go begging among all my family & friends for someone to watch the girls on Thursday; I think I've got it all figured out now though.

I also have blood labs to be drawn tomorrow morning so my chemo Dr knows how high my white blood count is, and if it's good enough for me to get this next chemo treatment.

Not sure on dinner tonight... I'd like to simmer last night's chicken carcass and have chicken soup, but will ask dh as he's teh cook these days.

How absolutely wonderful about the tree.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Gayle,
Remember your friend did the tree out of love for you. A simple thank you is all she needs. You do not need to match her tit for tat. She is probably delighted to be able to pull off something so big for you.