Daily Check In December 3, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In December 3, 2019

Post by MackerelCat »

FloridaCat, I have lately become wary of CVS because there was a change in how they handled prescriptions filled in error. If they filled an old prescription that we did not need and we did not discover it until it got home, they used to take it back. Now there is no refund if it leaves the pharmacy. That cost us $159 a few weeks ago.

I do not know if it's the chain or that store. But the chain rolled out so many new drug programs at once that my husband had to explain one of them to the staff.

My homeless shelter buddy uses a no-frills pharmacy across the river that is super affordable but has limited hours. As long as I'm not working, it is starting to look like a great alternative.
Mackie
GMPG54

Post by GMPG54 »

Mrscreative wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:58 am Clem I am so sorry to hear that. That would be a horrible dilemma to be in.
There are certain circumstances where you can be eligible for Medicare and I'm fairly sure stage 4 cancer is one.
Tell her to check,I don't think it's advertised.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

MackerelCat wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:51 am FloridaCat, I have lately become wary of CVS because there was a change in how they handled prescriptions filled in error. If they filled an old prescription that we did not need and we did not discover it until it got home, they used to take it back. Now there is no refund if it leaves the pharmacy. That cost us $159 a few weeks ago.

I do not know if it's the chain or that store. But the chain rolled out so many new drug programs at once that my husband had to explain one of them to the staff.

My homeless shelter buddy uses a no-frills pharmacy across the river that is super affordable but has limited hours. As long as I'm not working, it is starting to look like a great alternative.
Wow, $159 for. Rx you don’t need. I don’t know if it is too late, but I’d be tempted to call the CVS corporate office. I think I’ll stay with Publix pharmacy at least in the first few months of 2020. From what I can tell, getting the Rx at Publix will cost me $100 more for the year ($1,700 vs. $1,600) and I’m willing to pay that extra. But I’m still figuring out Medicare part D so I’m going to be flexible and may have to change to CVS for my two more expensive brand-name Rx.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ...

Mid-40s and sunny today.

Just trying to get various little things done today. Did have to make a run to the store ... family holiday pitch-in is soon, and needed some ingredients for our dish. Wasn't able to find ground sage yesterday ... found some fresh on markdown, so have been drying it in the oven on low.

Finished up the Christmas napkins last night. Also got a gift sent out to DH's brother. (love those free shipping offers!)

Janet, also sending out good thoughts for your upcoming surgery. Hopefully, you'll be over your sinus infection by then.

Jackie, sorry about the microwave ... sounds like the kind of thing that happens at my house.
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Greetings Friends and Good Evening. Have been thinking of the gang here but have been very busy. Thanksgiving was great and I was blessed with the gift of a 4-day weekend. Got my house "Christmas Clean" and put up the tree and a couple other decorations.

Spent $35 plus $10 tip to have my long driveway professionally plowed this morning. I normally would not tip for that - but the gentleman came on short notice and plowed out a big "extra area" so I could back up, turn around and drive out - rather than back out. He was so accommodating and so kind.

Work is busy, home is busy and life is crazy but I am blessed. I wish you all well - will check in soon.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz