I know, I know...

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
randamax

I know, I know...

Post by randamax »

<t>It's been a minute or two since I last posted. Okay. Maybe more like months =) But I do stop in and read what everyone's up to, I have just been so busy that I haven't taken the time to sit down and write out something. So. Here I am - finally writing something.<br/>
<br/>
I have SO MANY thoughts, ideas, stories, experiences to share with you guys! Life has been, and continues to be, so full that I just don't know where to start. <br/>
<br/>
I "officially" retired in March, a full SIX years before I ever imagined I would retire! But it has absolutely been the best decision for me - for us. Since that time, well really, since January, I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger! I have no idea how I ever fit work into my busy life! LOL I will say that it was a bit of a mental adjustment to know that I wouldn't be working any longer. So much of how the world sees us - and how we see ourselves - is defined by 'what we do', as in what we've chosen as our profession. Think about it. When you meet someone one of the first questions we ask is "And what do you do?", being interpreted the world over as "what do you do for a living". When really what we do for a living is not nearly as important - or interesting! - as what we do to make a life. <br/>
<br/>
In October, I celebrated one year since my heart surgery. Halloween to be exact. My husband, Kevin, has always hated Halloween. He likes it a bit better now =) We've decided that it will henceforth be known as Happy Heart Day. He works at a high school and they all dress up for Halloween. I found a pair of scrubs and stethoscope at a thrift store, and bought an anatomically correct heart patch online. I sewed the patch on the shirt of the scrubs and he went as a heart surgeon for Halloween. He loved it!

...anyway. I have many more threads generating in my head and will be back soon (hopefully later today!) with a few more things. For now, I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll 'see' you again soon!
Grannysewstoys

Re: I know, I know...

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Glad to see you back.

I am glad that you have retired.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

randamax wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:36 am <t>It's been a minute or two since I last posted. Okay. Maybe more like months =) But I do stop in and read what everyone's up to, I have just been so busy that I haven't taken the time to sit down and write out something. So. Here I am - finally writing something.<br/>
<br/>
I have SO MANY thoughts, ideas, stories, experiences to share with you guys! Life has been, and continues to be, so full that I just don't know where to start. <br/>
<br/>
I "officially" retired in March, a full SIX years before I ever imagined I would retire! But it has absolutely been the best decision for me - for us. Since that time, well really, since January, I've been busier than a one-armed paper hanger! I have no idea how I ever fit work into my busy life! LOL I will say that it was a bit of a mental adjustment to know that I wouldn't be working any longer. So much of how the world sees us - and how we see ourselves - is defined by 'what we do', as in what we've chosen as our profession. Think about it. When you meet someone one of the first questions we ask is "And what do you do?", being interpreted the world over as "what do you do for a living". When really what we do for a living is not nearly as important - or interesting! - as what we do to make a life. <br/>
<br/>
In October, I celebrated one year since my heart surgery. Halloween to be exact. My husband, Kevin, has always hated Halloween. He likes it a bit better now =) We've decided that it will henceforth be known as Happy Heart Day. He works at a high school and they all dress up for Halloween. I found a pair of scrubs and stethoscope at a thrift store, and bought an anatomically correct heart patch online. I sewed the patch on the shirt of the scrubs and he went as a heart surgeon for Halloween. He loved it!

...anyway. I have many more threads generating in my head and will be back soon (hopefully later today!) with a few more things. For now, I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll 'see' you again soon!
Welcome back.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Randa~ You sound WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! So happy for you and your DH.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Retirement, I LOVE it !!!

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy !

:D

IC
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Welcome to the "Retirement Club"! It will be two years for me this December. It was an adjustment for me at first, but now I've found my groove, am volunteering and loving it! It certainly provides you with a lot of freedom and I am blessed with excellent health. I don't think I have ever been so physically active in my life!

Creative