Daily Check In December 6, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LWolfT

Re: Daily Check In December 6, 2019

Post by LWolfT »

Good almost afternoon ...

High 30s but cloudy and the cold front is on its way in.

Barb, had to go read your blog after reading your post ... wow! I understand (and I assume there's no deadline on this). You're pretty good at building a life wherever you are, so I think you'll make the transition (or re-transition?) pretty well.

Anyway ... DH and I went to a concert at one of the area universities last night. Wasn't billed as a Christmas concert, but we got one. :lol:

Just got back from doing a bit of Christmas shopping. Have a few things to take care of first, but need to finish the binding on that tree skirt posthaste. (I decided to take a suggestion that I baste it down before putting it on the machine. A bit more time, but I think it will save me some grief.)
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

No deadline but looking to do it be early fall at the latest.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Yay , its Friday.

LWolf, you go girl re that Tree Skirt ;)

Everyone at work was either sick /not there because they were VERY sick or grumpy.

I feel fine so I was in the GRUMPY category. ;)

Today I got to throw my toys out of the pram when I got critiscised in a staff meeting. To be fair they obviously didn't think I would be as ( oh, say it how it is ) ENRAGED by unjustified criticism. I think I've taken ( ooh , lets be generous ) around 17 minutes break a day and some intellectual pygmy claimed I was not doing my bit :shock: :shock: :shock:

So.

The food shopping list is eggs and washing up liquid.

I still have a purseful of cash as NO SPENDall week ( I forgot to pay my collegue for the contribution to a present for eachof the students )

I kept up with "stuff" all week so its just bathrooms and a general pick up and the house is DONE.

So that's good.

The To Do list is quite nice therefore............wrap like a madwoman whilst watching Christmas movies............sort out The Christmas Dresser..........replace the crockery and glassware with the Christmas ones.......go out to a ye olde stately home decorated for Christmas Victorian style.......make a bundt cake ( either brown sugar with maple glaze or cherry almond ) and stay out of the shops. also staying off social media /any media .
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Rinty, I love that expression...throwing your toys out of the pram. We call it "going bat crap crazy". and I did it yesterday in dealing with the propane company...I am changing suppliers on May 31st, the day my contract runs out. I already have my new supplier lined up.

I have been super busy today, moved the love seat that I want to get rid of to the garage, why not, it already looks like a disorganized yardsale/charity shop. I am beyond frustrated with my garage and have been for quite some time. It is filled with DD2's stuff which can't be moved into dads house until everything is settled.

All of my to-do list is done, chefs salad for supper.
Off to read and see how everyone else is doing.

JCKitty
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Rinty, I know exactly how that feels. Throw those toys! Better than throwing your keys at them, which is pretty much what I did. :-D

I did a few things around the house and bought groceries today. Feeling slightly feverish with the cold that won't quit. It's damp, chilly and overcast today, which does not help.

Had a bunch of store coupons for the grocery shopping and came in at $72, which was $2 over budget but included stocking up on laundry detergent and dishwasher tablets. I put off a few things until next week as well.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I had an early morning appointment for a ride to get my glasses. Now I need to get used to them.

Made more difficult because I woke up before 5 this morning.

I have accomplished very little today.

I did make my grocery shopping list.

Penny