Daily Check-in December 9, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in December 9, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

I have had a good day. My Drs office in St. Louis called me first thing this morning to tell me about a medicine change. My insurance had refused to pay for one of my post surgery medicines. I did not have to call them. So many times you are left hanging. The Dr on call Friday had told me what to do for my home care until my surgeon was back in the office on Monday. The nurse also told me they had received my biopsy report and the growth was negative for cancer. woo hoo. I still need to come back in June for another scope to make sure all of it was removed.

I have been worried about the time limit on getting my ceiling repaired and painted in the great room. At first could not find anyone that wanted to do inside work while the weather was decent and now with all of the recent medical things not feeling up to calling and getting BID's. My adjuster told me not to worry. "You have until the middle of Feb to get it done and if you are still not feeling well by mid January just send a request per e-mail and I will give you another 180 days to comply." A whole year total. What a blessing that is.

Received my COLA letter from SS. I will get a raise of $31.00 a month. Woo hoo. Do not blow it all at once...lol.

Then to top everything off received an e-mail from the Univ of Phoenix. I had been accepted in to a study with them which would have added up to around $380.00 in gift cards for Amazon. However I had to drop out since I do not have the ability to take photos of my equipment to show them what I am using. However they sent me a $10.00 gift card for Amazon for my initial interview. So today has really been a great day despite the painful throat.
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Quilter51 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:48 am DG, before we had USAA (which I will never give up) we had Pentagon federal and Nave federal and were happy with both and know lots of folks who keep them forever even if they leave the service. And you know you can also do bank to bank with venmo.

Not to have another TMI post but my not walking because of the sprained ankle thing had me clogged up and in pain do last night was spent drinking laxative tea and limping the circle of my house. Sheesh.

I enjoy spontaneity on occasion and am fairly social. Tonight I am going to happy hour and then on a bus tour to see city lights. But I also enjoy being at home and will probably be in these jammies till I shower and change at three, lol.

Clem, in one of the towns I drive thru in the Panhandle there is a large bingo event center and their sign always says something like "get granny out of the house tonight". I think its it's hilarious.

Today I will try and get a blog post written and at least a little housework done..
There were lots of older folks there at the bingo! My friend had to coach me on the strategies. Not all the games were the regualar bingo. Some you had to make an X or a T - large frame or small frame. I wore my eyes out.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

As for banking

I also use USAA, Navy Federal and PenFed! All had great offers.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good grief, everyone please get better NOW !!!! :lol: :roll:

Sunday friend is back for a few days, I take her to the airport on Weds. She has been here visiting me and her family and other friends for almost a month, to me that is a lot of time away from home, I think that she is ready to go home. She spent several days here in Nov then left for other friends and her family.

Her family is very small, just one DS, DBIL, DN and his wife and their 2 kids, then her cousin and his kids, wife and their kids and grandson. They had a great thanksgiving and had the big table pulled out for everyone. Happy times. Who knows when it will happen again. Her sister lives out of country.

So, yesterday she and I went to The City to meet another friend for lunch, had a great time.

LOL, I had asked my tenant if I could drop by to see if my new garage door opener worked, she was fine with it. She called while we were still at lunch to ask if I was bringing her some "goodies" (she knows me way too well 8-) ... I was bringing some bread and some cookies) She wanted to make sure that I put them on top of the fridge, so that her dog couldn't get to them. :D . She and her mom, who was visiting were out.

She told me that she had a card for me and a treat, how nice.

In her note she said "Thank you for being the best landlord ever, I love your house my home with all my heart" How nice is that? she has lived there since 2006, and pays her rent and takes care of the place. I of course keep it in repairs. Win, win.

IC
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good afternoon ...

It's been pouring rain all day. Was going to do some Christmas shopping, but that can wait until tomorrow.

Janet, great news! As for the rest, one day at a time. Florida, ice cream is always a great idea ;)

Otherwise, have been trying to take care of a few things, including some financial stuff that needs to be done before the holidays. So have been on the phone this afternoon.

Also, for Christmas, DH wants more music set up to play in his car. It doesn't have a CD player ... it will play from a USB flash drive, but we've found that it's fussy about the format. So I'm trying to set up a playlist/convert files, etc ...

Otherwise, laundry should go in the dryer ... need to go check on the ribs in the slow cooker ...
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:24 pm Good grief, everyone please get better NOW !!!! :lol: :roll:

Sunday friend is back for a few days, I take her to the airport on Weds. She has been here visiting me and her family and other friends for almost a month, to me that is a lot of time away from home, I think that she is ready to go home. She spent several days here in Nov then left for other friends and her family.

Her family is very small, just one DS, DBIL, DN and his wife and their 2 kids, then her cousin and his kids, wife and their kids and grandson. They had a great thanksgiving and had the big table pulled out for everyone. Happy times. Who knows when it will happen again. Her sister lives out of country.

So, yesterday she and I went to The City to meet another friend for lunch, had a great time.

LOL, I had asked my tenant if I could drop by to see if my new garage door opener worked, she was fine with it. She called while we were still at lunch to ask if I was bringing her some "goodies" (she knows me way too well 8-) ... I was bringing some bread and some cookies) She wanted to make sure that I put them on top of the fridge, so that her dog couldn't get to them. :D . She and her mom, who was visiting were out.

She told me that she had a card for me and a treat, how nice.

In her note she said "Thank you for being the best landlord ever, I love your house my home with all my heart" How nice is that? she has lived there since 2006, and pays her rent and takes care of the place. I of course keep it in repairs. Win, win.

IC
IC glad to hear your friend had a nice time visiting with you, friends, and family. Also glad that you are now able to enjoy some time with her before she leaves. Friends are important. I know since most of mine have passed away.

It is wonderful to have a great tenant and to be a great landlady.Wish more people were like the two of you.
Janet Alliesmama