Daily Check-in December 9, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily Check-in December 9, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is the the middle of the night but I am back to my old insomnia routine. Although I am napping during the day so that helps somewhat to catch up on my sleep.

Nothing big planned for today. My esophagus, neck, and chest are slightly better. Still feels like I am swallowing nails when I eat anything or when taking my medications. Popsicles and ice cream going down well. Turned a box of mac and cheese into "tuna casserole" by throwing in a can of tuna and a few peas. It was ok and not as painful as swallowing pills and liquid.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Re: Daily Check-in December 9, 2019

Post by Dgflorida »

Sad you are in pain Janet. Hope you get well quickly.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning Janet and all,

My military son got in about 1 pm and we went to the store for a rotisserie chicken. It was devoured. I also got grapes instead of vegetables since I have no easy way to clean up. No kitchen. Son and his dad sat out on the dock and guy talked for awhile. He was tired and I took him to his hotel. This morning, I will pick him up and we will get him a car and set up an account at the local military credit union. Since he will be overseas for 3 years, I wanted an easy way to deposit gift money into his account. Most likely, he will be stateside after that, but we will see.

Today, I also need to get the cash to cover the fishing trip tomorrow. The captain is the son of Eggman and this charter service is a side for him, so he prefers cash. Eggman is former Army and his neighbor, Jarhead, is obviously former marine. They have a Christmas light challenge going on. Wow. The lighting is spectacular. It is the talk of the neighborhood. Much more and it will be visible from the Space Station. Hope my son gets to see it tonight.

Clearly, my week will not be frugal. There is a time to save and a time to spend. I am glad the weather is going to be close to perfect for him. It appears that my military son will be giving me his truck. It isn't really clear how long I will have this truck. It is an old truck now with a lot of miles and he may decide to just leave it with me even when he can technically have it shipped. He did that with his car when he first went overseas. He authorized me to sell it. Old dance partner bought it for his grandson. Old dance partner bought 3 cars off me. He said because he knew I would be honest. Also because he knew I bought reliable cars. But he couldn't say that out loud. A guy thing.

I hope all the financial business gets finished this morning. Then we will see about the rest of the day. Keep it relaxed. I need to wash the dishes and also my hair. All done outside thanks to no kitchen. A warm afternoon makes it much nicer. Later this week, I will color it with my $2.97 hair color. Take the edge off the grey.

I talked to my son about a short canoe trip as well during this visit, but the weather later in the week may not work out. I will give the canoe place a call today and see if they are running canoes this week. They don't run in low water or in high water. He has never done this and I am rusty. Class 3 in my younger days. A long time ago. Could be interesting.

Today, I am grateful things have worked out so well with this visit. Have a good day all.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:22 am Sad you are in pain Janet. Hope you get well quickly.
Thanks DG.. I have been in worse pain but it is annoying right now.. just takes time.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Dgflorida wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:05 am Good morning Janet and all,

My military son got in about 1 pm and we went to the store for a rotisserie chicken. It was devoured. I also got grapes instead of vegetables since I have no easy way to clean up. No kitchen. Son and his dad sat out on the dock and guy talked for awhile. He was tired and I took him to his hotel. This morning, I will pick him up and we will get him a car and set up an account at the local military credit union. Since he will be overseas for 3 years, I wanted an easy way to deposit gift money into his account. Most likely, he will be stateside after that, but we will see.

Today, I also need to get the cash to cover the fishing trip tomorrow. The captain is the son of Eggman and this charter service is a side for him, so he prefers cash. Eggman is former Army and his neighbor, Jarhead, is obviously former marine. They have a Christmas light challenge going on. Wow. The lighting is spectacular. It is the talk of the neighborhood. Much more and it will be visible from the Space Station. Hope my son gets to see it tonight.

Clearly, my week will not be frugal. There is a time to save and a time to spend. I am glad the weather is going to be close to perfect for him. It appears that my military son will be giving me his truck. It isn't really clear how long I will have this truck. It is an old truck now with a lot of miles and he may decide to just leave it with me even when he can technically have it shipped. He did that with his car when he first went overseas. He authorized me to sell it. Old dance partner bought it for his grandson. Old dance partner bought 3 cars off me. He said because he knew I would be honest. Also because he knew I bought reliable cars. But he couldn't say that out loud. A guy thing.

I hope all the financial business gets finished this morning. Then we will see about the rest of the day. Keep it relaxed. I need to wash the dishes and also my hair. All done outside thanks to no kitchen. A warm afternoon makes it much nicer. Later this week, I will color it with my $2.97 hair color. Take the edge off the grey.

I talked to my son about a short canoe trip as well during this visit, but the weather later in the week may not work out. I will give the canoe place a call today and see if they are running canoes this week. They don't run in low water or in high water. He has never done this and I am rusty. Class 3 in my younger days. A long time ago. Could be interesting.

Today, I am grateful things have worked out so well with this visit. Have a good day all.
Enjoy your fishing trip and the visit with your son. Sounds like a nice adventure for the both of you.
Janet Alliesmama
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:25 am Good morning. It is the the middle of the night but I am back to my old insomnia routine. Although I am napping during the day so that helps somewhat to catch up on my sleep.

Nothing big planned for today. My esophagus, neck, and chest are slightly better. Still feels like I am swallowing nails when I eat anything or when taking my medications. Popsicles and ice cream going down well. Turned a box of mac and cheese into "tuna casserole" by throwing in a can of tuna and a few peas. It was ok and not as painful as swallowing pills and liquid.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Having those naps will enable you to heal. Hopefully soft foods will be easier to eat today.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/