Daily Check-in December 9, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in December 9, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:09 am
I am beat today! Also had weird dreams all last night. Even Putin made an appearance :mrgreen:

It is grey and cloudy. Think we might have sun later. It is laundry day and tempted to put it off, but will probably do it in the afternoon.

How do people that go go go do it?

The person I went to bingo yesterday is always on the go. She called me on her way back from an overnight trip to a birthday party. And once she got back home, had a meeting to attend, when that broke up she came and picked me up. She is overweight, on insulin and has other health issues. She doesn't look well either. Her hair isn't as nice and her complexion is messed up. She always had clear skin.

But they don't stop. Always on the go and a lot of that is gambling - going on the weekends. They have money issues, but just keep on doing that. She spent a lot last night.

She does usually end up in the hospital once a year.

I am glad i am a lazy little bug!
That is funny about Putin. I had a weird dream last night, too. I was going to work in Providence near Providence Place Mall. It was snowing. Mom decided to walk me to work. I was wearing my new booties which were comfortable. We got to the office OK. Of course the office was my publication in D.C. I worried how mom could find her way walking back home because it was dark. I woke up. Must be lots of symbolism in the dream but I’m not sure what it meant if anything. (Probably thinking of Providence because in the Mrs. Maisel episode last night Midge’s mom was going to Providence - but it turned out to be Providence, Okla.)

I’m totally with you about not being on the go all the time. Even on Thanksgiving (which I enjoyed) some were going to stay later to play games.

I’m also with you on spontaneity. Not for me.
Last edited by floridacatlover on Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello friends.

Yesterday was a lost day for me. Just felt down. I took an anxiety pill this a.m.

It turns out that one of the young men killed at Pensacola NAS was from my area. Not my high school but a well-known track and field star at his school. He tried to stop the shooter. So sad. I do not trust Saudi Arabia and mom felt the same way after 9/11. More thoughts I’ll keep to myself.

Today I’ll go to mom’s house just to do a bit in the garage. I think the yard is OK. Leaves are not falling in this area, unlike in DGFlorida’s area which is only one county away. Probably a different type of oak trees. Our leaves fall in the spring after our “cold” weather. So - not much to do in the yard now. But we do need rain!

Following in Janet’s footsteps, I’m going to buy ice cream today even though I don’t have a sore throat. I used to eat a LOT of ice cream but feel so much better when I stay away from most dairy. But I’m in the mood for it today.

Probably can tell I’m still feeling a bit low so I really need to get moving out of the house.

Hope all who are recovering from feeling poorly feel better today.

Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

DG, before we had USAA (which I will never give up) we had Pentagon federal and Nave federal and were happy with both and know lots of folks who keep them forever even if they leave the service. And you know you can also do bank to bank with venmo.

Not to have another TMI post but my not walking because of the sprained ankle thing had me clogged up and in pain do last night was spent drinking laxative tea and limping the circle of my house. Sheesh.

I enjoy spontaneity on occasion and am fairly social. Tonight I am going to happy hour and then on a bus tour to see city lights. But I also enjoy being at home and will probably be in these jammies till I shower and change at three, lol.

Clem, in one of the towns I drive thru in the Panhandle there is a large bingo event center and their sign always says something like "get granny out of the house tonight". I think its it's hilarious.

Today I will try and get a blog post written and at least a little housework done..
http://richlyretired.blogspot.com

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:53 am
DGFlorida, that line about seeing it from the Space Station cracked me up!

I woke up coughing before 5 a.m. and coughed for about an hour before falling back asleep. This seems to be a combo of fall allergies and a really good head cold that is hanging on. Right now I feel pretty good, and am drinking coffee with my sweet Lily Dog in my lap.

Today I need to run a few errands, finish a sewing project, and apply for some more jobs online. Also need to get out the Shark steamer and see if it will clean the grout in the shower, since my hands are not up to hard scrubbing.

Janet, I hope your throat feels better soon. (((Hugs))))
Thanks Mackie. I hope you are feeling better soon too. ((hug)) back at you. Nice to have a warm pup in your lap when not feeling well.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:33 am
Hello friends.

Yesterday was a lost day for me. Just felt down. I took an anxiety pill this a.m.

It turns out that one of the young men killed at Pensacola NAS was from my area. Not my high school but a well-known track and field star at his school. He tried to stop the shooter. So sad. I do not trust Saudi Arabia and mom felt the same way after 9/11. More thoughts I’ll keep to myself.

Today I’ll go to mom’s house just to do a bit in the garage. I think the yard is OK. Leaves are not falling in this area, unlike in DGFlorida’s area which is only one county away. Probably a different type of oak trees. Our leaves fall in the spring after our “cold” weather. So - not much to do in the yard now. But we do need rain!

Following in Janet’s footsteps, I’m going to buy ice cream today even though I don’t have a sore throat. I used to eat a LOT of ice cream but feel so much better when I stay away from most dairy. But I’m in the mood for it today.

Probably can tell I’m still feeling a bit low so I really need to get moving out of the house.

Hope all who are recovering from feeling poorly feel better today.
Florida Cat sorry you are feeling down. It is sad when people die especially young people with so much life in them and ahead of them. Also this time of year we all tend to think of happier times when life was different with family and friends near..((hug)).

Watch the ice cream. I weighted myself this morning and I have gained a pound from eating so much.lol Cold and creamy has gone down better than the other foods and fluids. I still have a lot in my carton but it does not take much for me to gain weight.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Quilter51 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:48 am
DG, before we had USAA (which I will never give up) we had Pentagon federal and Nave federal and were happy with both and know lots of folks who keep them forever even if they leave the service. And you know you can also do bank to bank with venmo.

Not to have another TMI post but my not walking because of the sprained ankle thing had me clogged up and in pain do last night was spent drinking laxative tea and limping the circle of my house. Sheesh.

I enjoy spontaneity on occasion and am fairly social. Tonight I am going to happy hour and then on a bus tour to see city lights. But I also enjoy being at home and will probably be in these jammies till I shower and change at three, lol.

Clem, in one of the towns I drive thru in the Panhandle there is a large bingo event center and their sign always says something like "get granny out of the house tonight". I think its it's hilarious.

Today I will try and get a blog post written and at least a little housework done..
Quilter hope everything comes out ok.. pardon the pun..lol.
Janet Alliesmama