one more reson tht the poor stay poor :-(

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: one more reson tht the poor stay poor :-(

Post by clemencia2us »

I have been thinking that i need to start a budgeting class here in my town

I see too much of this - hey i got paid - run to the store!!!

And then a few weeks later - food bank time. Do not know how to budget. Stretch it out.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2013/12/13/linda_tirados_poverty_tale_not_quite_fake_far_from_accurate_120950.html
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Did y'all read about the Florida college recruit that commited suicide by train?

He was set to start college this year - full football scholarship.

But his mom was not all there. They were living in their car and from the article i read, she just depended on him too much.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/01/02/my-baby-walked-front-train-georgia-tech-football-recruits-mom-details-his-final-days/

Should she have had that many kids???
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

After all that

I do think that we need to minimum fund for all or whatever that is called.

This country can afford it. Pay everyone something monthly.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Set up housing for the homeless

Pay social workers more. Hire more social workers

Improve access to medical care.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

It is hard to know what to do. I have 10 nieces and nephews. 6 own homes and of those 4 do ok financially & 2 live in crisis. The other 4 are about 15 minutes from homelessness and don't have the sense God gave a goose.

I swear that that if someone yelled rain, they could drown by looking at the sky and not knowing enough to shut their mouths. I love them and they are wonderful in many ways, but I don't know what they are thinking. If your job is shaky or you can't make your car payment you can't go to the show, upgrade your phone, get a tattoo or buy new furniture on credit to make yourself feel better. Geez - this is not Einstein level thinking. I just don't get it.

I have been listening to Dave Ramsey on you tube - for fun, not for debt. And these people call in and they are idiots. We can't pay our rent and we have 2 children and we want a 3rd but we have to go through IVF because we have already paid the $500 deposit and we will lose it. Hello - you have to pay an additional $14,500 before the process is done. Wave bye, bye to the deposit and expand your family WHEN YOU CAN AFFORD IT! It absolutely makes me nuts.

I know it is hard for a lot of young people now and the salaries they are paid are appalling. But for a lot of people ( my family - ha) they cannot make it because they make bad decisions and they refuse to make sacrifices that hubs and I have made routinely for years. I have nightmare visions of having a teeming mass of relatives living in my basement.

I can't make their decisions for them and the only help they want is money - and I am done bailing them out. But it is a constant worry. I don't know how they and many others in this world will cope if times really get bad.