one more reson tht the poor stay poor :-(

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: one more reson tht the poor stay poor :-(

Post by clemencia2us »

ephofma wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:23 pm
Hi y'all,

Ditto, ditto, ditto on the gambling. This is also true if you are partaking of cigarettes, alcohol and marijuana on a real regular basis. No lectures from me; but, its something I've noticed over the years. I know people that have complained about never having money to save that consumed 2 to 3 cartons of cigarettes a week and were snockered when they weren't at work. That is expensive.

I've just learned something I wonder if a lot of others didn't know about hospitals. We have some dear friends whose oldest son who is 7 has had to be admitted to 2 different hospitals. Both gave them a list of not for profit entities who will help pay or pay altogether for hospital stays or other hospital services. They both also offered pretty low payment plans for whatever balance is left. I just never knew there were such entities.

I know I don't post often but I do try to keep up. I must say several of you have lately had me laughing out loud and I'm grateful.

I do feel badly for those suffering and usually try to keep them in my prayers.
Yes you can get help with hospital bills here.

I remember one night i was in the ER with my mom. All that separates you from the next patient is a curtain, so I could hear the whole conversation in the next bed.

It was the hospital social worker letting the patient and his wife that they should not worry about any costs. The hospital had ways of absorbing most of it. Which was nice.

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

colonialgirl wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:06 am
It is hard to know what to do. I have 10 nieces and nephews. 6 own homes and of those 4 do ok financially & 2 live in crisis. The other 4 are about 15 minutes from homelessness and don't have the sense God gave a goose.

I swear that that if someone yelled rain, they could drown by looking at the sky and not knowing enough to shut their mouths. I love them and they are wonderful in many ways, but I don't know what they are thinking. If your job is shaky or you can't make your car payment you can't go to the show, upgrade your phone, get a tattoo or buy new furniture on credit to make yourself feel better. Geez - this is not Einstein level thinking. I just don't get it.

I have been listening to Dave Ramsey on you tube - for fun, not for debt. And these people call in and they are idiots. We can't pay our rent and we have 2 children and we want a 3rd but we have to go through IVF because we have already paid the $500 deposit and we will lose it. Hello - you have to pay an additional $14,500 before the process is done. Wave bye, bye to the deposit and expand your family WHEN YOU CAN AFFORD IT! It absolutely makes me nuts.

I know it is hard for a lot of young people now and the salaries they are paid are appalling. But for a lot of people ( my family - ha) they cannot make it because they make bad decisions and they refuse to make sacrifices that hubs and I have made routinely for years. I have nightmare visions of having a teeming mass of relatives living in my basement.

I can't make their decisions for them and the only help they want is money - and I am done bailing them out. But it is a constant worry. I don't know how they and many others in this world will cope if times really get bad.
“Teeming mass of relatives Living in the basement.”
😂😂😂😂😂😂

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:29 pm
Yes you can get help with hospital bills here.

I remember one night i was in the ER with my mom. All that separates you from the next patient is a curtain, so I could hear the whole conversation in the next bed.

It was the hospital social worker letting the patient and his wife that they should not worry about any costs. The hospital had ways of absorbing most of it. Which was nice.
Too bad hospitals don't absorb costs for rest of us too.

I shudder to think what this unplanned visit is going to cost us. On one hand maybe I should be grateful to hit the deductible early in the year.

icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Gayle,

As usual easy for me to say, but please don't worry about costs right now, or as you said your are taking care of the deductible early this year :D

IC