Poor Prince Harry

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
SandiSAHM

Re: Poor Prince Harry

Post by SandiSAHM »

randamax wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:26 am She's an 'older woman'? Oh wow, stop the presses. No one blinks an eye if the man is older than the woman, but the minute a man marries an 'older woman', immediately it's taboo. Come on, really? It's not as if he's 25 and she's 50. Hey, I'm older than my husband so I speak from experience - it works out juuuuust fine.
I'm 10 years older than DH (who pursued me, I told him to take a hike half a dozen times before giving him a trial date just to scare him off; in hindsight that may have been where things turned his way :lol: ), so that less than 3 years being deemed something of any note at all just made me laugh.

I told DH last night that it's a good thing we're not royalty and he laughed and said, "The country nixed that idea in the 18th century, Babe," and I told him that I meant it in terms of archaic marriage ideas and he's on the side of 'live and let live.'
rinty

Post by rinty »

This pair of selfish , entitled, spoiled brats ain't gonna " live on their own means " folks. What a joke.

They want their cake and they are going to eat it.

How much cash ( EXTRA CASH ) is it going to cost to offer protection to these morons that we, the Britsih tax payer have to cough up whilst they waste their time holidaying , occasionally coming up for air to pontificate on Climate Change or homelessness ??? Reckon they will pay for it themselves ??? Don't make me laugh. How many houses are they going to have ????

Harry COULD NOT have had more people wishing him well , and the poor bugger has ended up with THIS.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out and hand back every penny we the taxpayer have spent on you. Always thought the royals were pointless ........
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

rinty wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:46 am This pair of selfish , entitled, spoiled brats ain't gonna " live on their own means " folks. What a joke.

They want their cake and they are going to eat it.

How much cash ( EXTRA CASH ) is it going to cost to offer protection to these morons that we, the Britsih tax payer have to cough up whilst they waste their time holidaying , occasionally coming up for air to pontificate on Climate Change or homelessness ??? Reckon they will pay for it themselves ??? Don't make me laugh. How many houses are they going to have ????

Harry COULD NOT have had more people wishing him well , and the poor bugger has ended up with THIS.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out and hand back every penny we the taxpayer have spent on you. Always thought the royals were pointless ........
Oh my dear, calm down.

While we here in the States down get to see the Big Picture like you all in England do, we do still have our opinions about the matter.

I for one wish that Harry & Meghan would move to Canada, or somewhere away from Dad & Grandmother, and that they both find some kind of gainful employment, and yes get off the British Taxpayer's Dole.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

It isn't their fault that they were born into "royalty".

Well Harry anyway.

Have the people ever thought of just getting rid of the whole institution?
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

clemencia2us wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:26 pm It isn't their fault that they were born into "royalty".

Well Harry anyway.

Have the people ever thought of just getting rid of the whole institution?
Oh Clem, what a great big kerfuffle that would cause, yes? :D
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:47 pm Oh Clem, what a great big kerfuffle that would cause, yes? :D
yea - no more Daily Mail news! They make money off of them also. Quid pro quo! :lol: