Daily Check In January 13, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check In January 13, 2020

Post by icfrugal1 »

Thank you all.

He did agree to the surgery at last. I didn't push it, but there is really no chose it's his th or his life

Very scary and nightmarish

Thank you about rehab, at first they were saying 2 weeks at rehab, but now they are saying 4 or 5 days here

You are right I may need to insist, but we won't know anything until he gets out of surgery

He went on about an hour ago

Again thank you all so much

Ic.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

icfrugal1 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:07 pm
Thank you all.

He did agree to the surgery at last. I didn't push it, but there is really no chose it's his th or his life

Very scary and nightmarish

Thank you about rehab, at first they were saying 2 weeks at rehab, but now they are saying 4 or 5 days here

You are right I may need to insist, but we won't know anything until he gets out of surgery

He went on about an hour ago

Again thank you all so much

Ic.
You are both in my prayers.

Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good late afternoon everyone,

Prayers have gone out for Jackie and her family and also ICFrugal. Your problems make mine seem very miniscule! It's continuing to be difficult to engage dh in any activity but at least he isn't demonstrating any unjustified anger at the present moment, as a result of what I suspect is depression. I never had a chance to speak with my doctor about any of this as she was on call for labour and delivery and received a call just as my appointment began. She took a quick look at my runner's toe and I had no time whatsoever to discuss personal stuff. My appointment was probably less than three minutes! I was a bit annoyed with the receptionist as I have requested before to never have an appointment when she is on call (when I was still working, I had to schedule a half day off without pay!), and was only given a short appointment. I had specifically asked for a longer one to talk about this personal stuff. I will reschedule but plan to hold off as things do seem to be getting better.

I got my grocery shopping done this morning and fresh produce continues to be exceedingly high except for California navel oranges. I bought a 10 lb box for $8.99 which is a very good buy in our area. I was annoyed with myself as I forgot to get some fresh ginger, which is a key ingredient in the Asian dish my dh planned to make. But went to the nearby pharmacy to pick up some items on sale and got the ginger root. Sometimes you have to give yourself enough grace and realize it's easy to forget to buy something. I cleaned my pantry shelves and sorted out the freezer and was upset to have to toss some expired items, well past their due dates. But in the whole scheme of things it was probably less than a $15.00 loss so I shouldn't be sweating the small stuff!

Well off to get my dinner cooked!
Creative

MackerelCat

LWolfTRe: Daily Check In January 13, 2020

Post by MackerelCat »

LWolfT, they finally called near the end of the day and said they had not finished the interview process, which is downright weird because they told me during the interview I had everything they were looking for and to talk to my husband about me taking the job. What??? What!!! I was polite but spent the day being a good bit upset.

I applied for a 12-hour a week financial assistant job at another church this afternoon just to maybe have something lined up.
Mackie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Now we are under an extreme cold warning, and will continue to be so for the next four days at least. One station is predicting at least 8. Good thing we are well stocked.

I do have my mammo late Thursday so I hope we are not -32 C at that time.

Soup is almost ready so I am off to make the sandwiches.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

icfrugal1 wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:03 am
Good morning,

Today is the day, we don't know what time the procedure is yet, they are working him in.

We still have not told our families, I know that they will be upset. But oh well, I'm doing what dh wants. It is a lot to face.

Dh wants me here 24/7 right now so I took the dogs to the kennel, it's the kennel that we used for dog before he died so we trust them.

They are nice enough to take them on short notice, but they had me pay a week in advance in case I was abandoning them
Good grief!!!

Thank you again

Ic
I am praying for your DH and for you.