Daily Check In January 13, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In January 13, 2020

Post by floridacatlover »

BevMoore wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:07 pm Darn I had a long post and it disappeared because another post came up at the same time. Jackie is there any way to fix this problem? I should have checked before I switched topics but had no idea. I'm not going to type the post again...too difficult for me. I think that is why we have lost many people that used to be on the About format. We did not have this problem on the old format and have not encountered it on Delphi when I used to be on there.No one wants to retype a long post. Due to my arthritis it is extremely difficult for me to type.

Bev
Bev, when I’m writing a long post, every couple of paragraphs I highlight the post using “select all” and then push “copy.” This is on an iPad. Then if I lose the post I can go back and “paste” most of it except the last few lines or paragraph that I’ve written. Hope that makes sense.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Floridacat,

If you have Netflix do you watch Grace and Frankie? It releases on Jan15....I love that show. Strong women and it's funny, great family situations and interesting takes on how some families live and interact.
JCKitty
floridacatlover

jckitty wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:53 pm Floridacat,

If you have Netflix do you watch Grace and Frankie? It releases on Jan15....I love that show. Strong women and it's funny, great family situations and interesting takes on how some families live and interact.
JCKitty
I watched the first season and part of season 2 when I had Netflix a year ago. I haven’t returned to it yet but it is on my list. So several seasons to watch before the new season airs. I love all of the actors on that show.

There are several documentaries nominated today for Oscars which are available on Netflix that I want to watch, too. I’m hooked on the Australian show Secret City right now.
floridacatlover

Well I got done more than I thought this afternoon. I’m so much better in the afternoon than morning. I trimmed and watered all plants at my entrance, swept and got all the leaves off the hedge at the end of my sidewalk - all in 15 minutes. Then I took another 15 minutes to dust my whole dining room (small) and really clean the light fixture well. I had not noticed that one of the bulbs in the light fixture was burned out. They are the bent-tip candelabra bulbs with the small base. I still have some on hand but I wonder if they are as easily available now since they are incandescent.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

jckitty wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:51 am Good morning all,

Jackie, praying for you and your family.

I have been up but just now feel like I am settling down for the morning. I slept okay , weird dreams and for some weird reason woke up feeling agitated. Probably from the watching of news...I need to stop watching but too much awful world news to just let it go.

I have run the floor duster and re-bedded the chicken coop. next up is kitchen work, like Jackie I need to go thru the fridge and see what needs used up.
My pizza last night was great but starting to wonder if those were "pizza dreams" last night LOL.

It is very grey and cold today, downright depressing. I love the fact that we have had a relatively easy winter so far but the greyness is just awful.

ICFrugal, I don't know what is going on with your hub (I must have missed it) but prayers going up.

This afternoon I hope to tear my bedroom apart and deep clean it. I defiantly need to clean fans also.
Tomorrow I go back to the eye doctor for pressure check and hopefully get a different med as I am allergic to so many things...he has assured me that something will work.
Wednesday I have an appointment with my bank....more estate stuff. When everything is said and done I can explain better, but right now because of the brother I can't say much. On Christmas eve he told me that he is "done with me". I feel the same.

Off to read and catch up.
JCKitty
Kitty sorry your brother is being a jerk to the end but at the same time you will most likely be happier with him out of your life. We do not choose who is a family member. I have a friend that has two brothers that are total jerks. She decided, " who needs brother's I have sisters." This is in reference to her lady friends. We are there for each other and her sister friends have become mine and vise versa. We call it our sisterhood. You have your lovely daughters and grand children so enjoy them without the stress of your brother. I know you parents would be sad but you cannot be in control of how someone else acts.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:21 pm Well I got done more than I thought this afternoon. I’m so much better in the afternoon than morning. I trimmed and watered all plants at my entrance, swept and got all the leaves off the hedge at the end of my sidewalk - all in 15 minutes. Then I took another 15 minutes to dust my whole dining room (small) and really clean the light fixture well. I had not noticed that one of the bulbs in the light fixture was burned out. They are the bent-tip candelabra bulbs with the small base. I still have some on hand but I wonder if they are as easily available now since they are incandescent.
Florida Cat I too find doing things in short 10 min increments helps me get things done.. Sometimes things seem overwhelming but then when you break it down in to short periods it is not so overwhelming.
Janet Alliesmama