Daily Check In January 14, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 14, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off. Back in a bit with coffee in hand.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 14, 2020

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Brrrr, is it cold out. I will not be leaving the house at all today and praying that by Thursday it will be warmer when I do have to leave the house for an appointment. Right now it is -30 C (-22 F) but it feels like -40 C (-40 F). Not a fit day to be out and about at all. I feel so sorry for those that have to brave the cold in order to work.

Since I will be staying put today I hope to get my list done in record time. While not as long as yesterday's it is still plenty long enough. Turning the oven on and doing a bit of baking is always a welcome past time on these frigid Canadian Prairie days, so you all know what I will be up to. I think cinnamon buns and a cake sound perfect.

This will be a no spend work on finding some new frugal habits kind of day. I don't want to get what people would call cheap (and weird) but I would really like to find another way to save on the budget. Our savings seem to be keeping up to inflation, but with the world being in such a mess right now, one never knows what is going to happen over all.

Having some smart money saving frugal moves is just a good investment. Especially as my friend and her Hubby are into their retirement too and having problems staying ahead. Mind you a great deal of that is their boys "borrowing money" (which they never seem to get paid back) and my friend extending their line of credit more and more. I do not want to get into that mess ever. If you do not have the cash to help out, don't help or at least don't go into debt to help.

I will continue to cut the old t-shirt fabric into strips. I am almost done, hopefully today, and as there is still more room in the one container, I will have decluttered one container from the room.

Using up the yarn I had pulled last year for the temperature blanket, on this years. I should be able to make a dent in what is there. I have decided if I want a hobby (or three) I need to use up all the items necessary for that hobby before I purchase new. This is going to be hard to do as when we stock up I also stock up on hobby items, and I really enjoy doing so. Yet is it frugal to be able to perhaps run a small yarn or fabric store out of your home? Not really, but it does make crafting so much easier.

Supper tonight will be a package of leftover ham from the fridge freezer. It is a bit of a toss up on whether I will make a quiche or a casserole. Which ever I make it will use up a few items in the fridge and freezer. Serving it with salad as well.

Today I am grateful that I have choices in a world where many struggle just to survive.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning fabulous frugals!

So on the job front, we have been scheduled for training starting tomorrow. They will get us set up on the new tools and such. The bad news is that it is scheduled from 4-5 PM. Of course, these days my reasons for working 7-4 is personal preference. I no longer have to pick up or drop off kids anywhere.

I plan to attend yoga class at the Y this evening. Looking forward to that.

I am still being vexed by high blood sugars in spite of keeping my carbs low. It is worrying me.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:31 am Good Morning fabulous frugals!

So on the job front, we have been scheduled for training starting tomorrow. They will get us set up on the new tools and such. The bad news is that it is scheduled from 4-5 PM. Of course, these days my reasons for working 7-4 is personal preference. I no longer have to pick up or drop off kids anywhere.

I plan to attend yoga class at the Y this evening. Looking forward to that.

I am still being vexed by high blood sugars in spite of keeping my carbs low. It is worrying me.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, are you stressed about anything. My friend has troubles with her blood sugars when stress enters her life.
Jackie
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Jackielou wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:51 am Maggie, are you stressed about anything. My friend has troubles with her blood sugars when stress enters her life.
Sure, my job, my non-existent social life, my health, my lack of exercise, money...

But I was feeling like my stress was lower than in the past. But I have largely been ignoring my blood sugars for a while now.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

mbrudnic wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:35 am Sure, my job, my non-existent social life, my health, my lack of exercise, money...

But I was feeling like my stress was lower than in the past. But I have largely been ignoring my blood sugars for a while now.
Please take care of yourself Maggie. Take a short walk when you feel stressed.

Praying that you get back on track