Daily Check In January 14, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Re: Daily Check In January 14, 2020

Post by rinty »

Jackie, I reckon we all see you as frugal , especially with your craft stash !

And food.

You can't find Yellow stickers which is something folk like me can get, but you cook at home so that's a win.

One thing I would say, ( and its only cos I would go stir crazy ) is MAYBE a " little job ". One day a week maybe, somewhere local, doing admin 2 x weekly in the afternoons in a school ? That cash could be whacked straight into savings. Its a thought. Call it Holiday Fund, and if it becomes a Meh then pack it in.

ANYWAY. I managed to come home at lunchtime, I have been having a ulcerative colitis flare, my innards have yet to recover from the bug my grandbabies gerenously shared at Christmas and my foods that don't cause ISSUES list is pretty small right now :shock: Just in so much pain and having to RUSH to the loo. I was standing sweating in pain washing my hands and thought " are you nuts, woman ????" . So I was home by lunch ( which I did not eat, duh )

DH has made a wonderful minestrone, we love homemade soup but the ingredients are a study in What Not To Eat for me so I will eat a piece of bread and Call It Done ;) Fell asleep , snuggled under a blanket with the dog staring at me, DH went and did childcare.

I've done a bit of housework and now need to prep for two groups at school, ( its not a bug so I'll be at work bright and early tomorrow )

Thinking about IC as well, she is so good to that man.

Maggie (((hugs))) hope the yoga becomes a social thing.

Mackie, is it a red flag re that job ? If they are messin' you around before you start ??? Just a thought.

Off to get stuff done then will be in bed by 9pm

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

rinty wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:15 pm
In the fridge , Clem ????? :shock: Whoa .
yes - it is the second fridge that holds mostly drinks.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Back from eye doctor, it's all good. He is giving me another prescription for allergy dry eye but to be used as necessary . Eye pressures are all good and holding well. I feel so much better, I don't know why i get myself so worked up....but I do. While I was going into the building an older man (reminded me so much of my dad) was using a cane and trying to get into the door...I skipped ahead got the door for him and just about lost it.

He was even wearing a jacket like dads... once we got in I thought about how much it took my mind off my appointment. It was a blessing in disguise.

I have tuna salad for supper tonight and will maybe have some soup along with it.
I am loving my seat heater!
Off to read and catch up.
JCKitty

Clem, If we are talking about dry pasta that has been stored in the fridge....I bet it is okay.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Rinty, I am hoping the job is just being run by somewhat disorganized people. That I can deal with.

Sorry you were so unwell and I hope the flare subsides quickly.

Both my "people" are sick today. My homeless buddy is dreadfully sick with gastroparesis and little single mom may have the flu. I took her orange juice, rye whiskey for toddies, and tea bags, and told her if she got worse to go to the doctor for Tamiflu. I am hope they are both a bit better by tomorrow.

So instead of grocery shopping, I went to see about her and then stopped at the Salvation Army to look for some household things she needs. No luck so far. I did buy new in the package pantyhose, which I needed, for 50 cents a pair and got a nice cotton sweater for $2.50.
Mackie

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

jckitty wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:26 pm
Update:

Back from eye doctor, it's all good. He is giving me another prescription for allergy dry eye but to be used as necessary . Eye pressures are all good and holding well. I feel so much better, I don't know why i get myself so worked up....but I do. While I was going into the building an older man (reminded me so much of my dad) was using a cane and trying to get into the door...I skipped ahead got the door for him and just about lost it.

He was even wearing a jacket like dads... once we got in I thought about how much it took my mind off my appointment. It was a blessing in disguise.

I have tuna salad for supper tonight and will maybe have some soup along with it.
I am loving my seat heater!
Off to read and catch up.
JCKitty

Clem, If we are talking about dry pasta that has been stored in the fridge....I bet it is okay.
Great news. Now you can relax. I get very agitated about my eye appointments, too. My mom would say that man was an angel, there to take your mind off things and I do believe that also.

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Yes it is dry pasta - spaghetti and linguine. Two boxes of Bertolli brand. Don't know why i never made them and why i bought so much.