Daily Check In January 14, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
itspennyc

Re: Daily Check In January 14, 2020

Post by itspennyc »

[by icfrugal1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:40 pm

Thank you for asking

Poor DJ they cut below the knee, hoping to leave enough for the device when he can be fit in a few (????) weeks

I was able to stay last night with him, he was in the worst pain that you could think of for over 4 hours until they were able to get the right combination of drugs to work

They finally put him on a pump, that he could press as needed every 15 minutes
I left for home about 6 am, to clean up, so strange to be in the house alone, no dh and no dogs

O did some laundry, checked the pool, did the dishes, cleaned out dh's room that he sits in
Lots of stuff on the floor, he drops things and can't pick them up (really can't and dosen't want me touching his stuff even if it is trash)

I also cleaned off the desktop. And found the credit cards that he had lost and that were replaced

I was going to stay home a bit longer but DH called and asked me to come back.

Ic

Again, thank you all so by icfrugal1 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:40 pm

Thank you for asking

Poor DJ they cut below the knee, hoping to leave enough for the device when he can be fit in a few (????) weeks

I was able to stay last night with him, he was in the worst pain that you could think of for over 4 hours until they were able to get the right combination of drugs to work

I left for home about 6 am, to clean up, so strange to be in the house alone, no dh and no dogs

O did some laundry, checked the pool, did the dishes, cleaned out dh's room that he sits in
Lots of stuff on the floor, he drops things and can't pick them up (really can't and dosen't want me touching his stuff even if it is trash)

I also cleaned off the desktop. And found the credit cards that he had lost and that were replaced

Ic

Again, thank you all so much/quote]

I hope he heals quickly.

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Penny

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

icfrugal1 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:40 pm
Thank you for asking

Ic

Again, thank you all so much
IC, I hope that tonight is better for both you and your DH. Take care of yourself and try not to get exhausted. Don’t hesitate to accept help from anyone. You and DH are in my prayers. (((Hugs)))

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

icfrugal1 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:40 pm
Thank you for asking

Ic

Again, thank you all so much
IC thinking of you and your DH and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.. ((hugs)) Janet
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:31 pm
Jackie, I reckon we all see you as frugal , especially with your craft stash !

And food.

You can't find Yellow stickers which is something folk like me can get, but you cook at home so that's a win.

One thing I would say, ( and its only cos I would go stir crazy ) is MAYBE a " little job ". One day a week maybe, somewhere local, doing admin 2 x weekly in the afternoons in a school ? That cash could be whacked straight into savings. Its a thought. Call it Holiday Fund, and if it becomes a Meh then pack it in.

ANYWAY. I managed to come home at lunchtime, I have been having a ulcerative colitis flare, my innards have yet to recover from the bug my grandbabies gerenously shared at Christmas and my foods that don't cause ISSUES list is pretty small right now :shock: Just in so much pain and having to RUSH to the loo. I was standing sweating in pain washing my hands and thought " are you nuts, woman ????" . So I was home by lunch ( which I did not eat, duh )

DH has made a wonderful minestrone, we love homemade soup but the ingredients are a study in What Not To Eat for me so I will eat a piece of bread and Call It Done ;) Fell asleep , snuggled under a blanket with the dog staring at me, DH went and did childcare.

I've done a bit of housework and now need to prep for two groups at school, ( its not a bug so I'll be at work bright and early tomorrow )

Thinking about IC as well, she is so good to that man.

Maggie (((hugs))) hope the yoga becomes a social thing.

Mackie, is it a red flag re that job ? If they are messin' you around before you start ??? Just a thought.

Off to get stuff done then will be in bed by 9pm

Rinty hope you will be feel better by the time read this tomorrow. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. (( hug)). Your friend, Janet
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

jckitty wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:18 pm
Hello all,

Wondering about ICFrugals hubby and how that is going, hope all is going well.

I have been up, hauled wood, and emptied ash bucket in the chicken pen. They love routing thru the ashes and it is a good natural deterrent for mites.

My eye doctor appointment is a little after 1 so have cleaned up and dressed for it. I want answers but I get stressed about having to go, doesn't make sense but I am like that with anything to do with doctors. But I do really like my doctor.

When I get home I will probably have to lay down for a bit...if I get my eye dilated.

I need to gather paperwork for tomorrows bank appointment...I like being over-prepared. If I have time tomorrow I also need to go to the county courthouse.
I want everything prepped ahead of time on the transfer of deed.

No idea about supper... plenty to choose from.
Off to read for a bit, dark and so gloomy today...blah.

JCKitty

Kitty glad to hear your eye exam went well.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

clemencia2us wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:38 pm
Oldest sibling still doing well. Almost back to "normal"

Clem that is great news about your brother. Hope he continues to improve. A friend of my brother's was at death's door a few months ago.They flew to Texas to see him to say goodbye.. All of a sudden he is doing so much better and even going out with his wife and back to church. So I am hoping the same for your brother.
Janet Alliesmama