Cleaning Stainless Steel Sinks

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Re: Cleaning Stainless Steel Sinks

Post by Jackielou »

One thing I have noticed. If there is a really bad build up it takes a very long time to clean it off with vinegar (worked as a janitor in the schools here for awhile) and even then it did not take the stain totally away. I ended up using a stainless steel polish on those faucets.

Could you try some CLR kitchen/bathroom cleaner for a little bit, or do a bit of scrubbing with an SOS pad and/or a paste made from your usual cleaner and a bit of water first?

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

Thanks everyone for all of these great suggestions! I'm going to start with the vinegar and SOS pads and look into getting some of that Lemi Shine stuff. It will make me feel so much better to have this cleaned up!!

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Shelia, once you get it clean, you might out some paste car wax on the area to keep it from getting gunked up again. Good luck.
Mackie

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Shelia, once you get it clean, you might put some paste car wax on the area to keep it from getting gunked up again. Good luck.
Mackie

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

MackerelCat wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:36 am
Shelia, once you get it clean, you might put some paste car wax on the area to keep it from getting gunked up again. Good luck.
Thanks for that tip mackie!!