Daily Check-In January 18, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
chocolite

Re: Daily Check-In January 18, 2020

Post by chocolite »

Afternoon all -- it's been a rainy, dreary day until just about an hour ago, when the sun came out. It looks so good. It's been overcast a lot lately and I have felt myself getting bluer by the day, so it was an immediate pick-me-up that I really needed. It's nice outside right now, but it's supposed to get cold tonight and linger through the week.

We're having DH's aunt and uncle over for supper tonight. I've got a beef stew in the oven and I made a big salad with lots of good stuff in it. I've got a loaf of Italian bread I'll put in the oven for 10-15 minutes right before we eat. And, I made some chewy peanut butter bars for dessert. For such an easy menu, I've worked hard today and am not feeling too hot. I think I just overdid things this week. I could barely walk last night. Anyway, I'm putting my feet up for a few minutes before they arrive.

I'm having a pain injection into my neck on Wednesday, and I hope for a good outcome. The doc told me that if I do get a good outcome, they can do an ablation of that particular nerve. That would be great.

Have a good evening, all.
Patty

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

chocolite wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:27 pm
Afternoon all -- it's been a rainy, dreary day until just about an hour ago, when the sun came out. It looks so good. It's been overcast a lot lately and I have felt myself getting bluer by the day, so it was an immediate pick-me-up that I really needed. It's nice outside right now, but it's supposed to get cold tonight and linger through the week.

We're having DH's aunt and uncle over for supper tonight. I've got a beef stew in the oven and I made a big salad with lots of good stuff in it. I've got a loaf of Italian bread I'll put in the oven for 10-15 minutes right before we eat. And, I made some chewy peanut butter bars for dessert. For such an easy menu, I've worked hard today and am not feeling too hot. I think I just overdid things this week. I could barely walk last night. Anyway, I'm putting my feet up for a few minutes before they arrive.

I'm having a pain injection into my neck on Wednesday, and I hope for a good outcome. The doc told me that if I do get a good outcome, they can do an ablation of that particular nerve. That would be great.

Have a good evening, all.
Patty I hope the injection helps..Your dinner sounds lovely.
Janet Alliesmama

clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

People - please - if there is something specific you want for your burial - please make sure you let others know - put it in writing or something

We are tearing our hair out right now looking for a uniform and right ribbons etc for my older sibling

Somehow it was said that he wanted to be buried in a uniform

Now ugh - no - he never said that.

It is crazy town. Trying to order everything online - almost 1000 dollars. Looking at places in SAn Antonio and Houston. Thank goodness we have over a week to wait.

I don't think he really cared. He liked wearing a nice suit too.

rinty

Post by rinty »

Sorry for your loss, Clem. (((hugs)))

chocolite

Post by chocolite »

I'm so sorry ((Clemencia))
Patty

HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

ChristmasTrees wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:32 pm
Your dogs antics crack me up!!!
Trees, they are something else and what one of them can't think of the other one can! They are so adorable at night though - one on each side of me and they get under the blankets. Hope (yellow lab about 85 lbs.) goes to the bottom of the bed (great foot warmer). Lucy sleeps next to me with her head on the other pillow - like a person.

When the alarm goes off at 5:00 a.m., Hope gets up with me (if she hasn't gotten me up already) and goes right outside. Then we get a cup of coffee and get back into bed until after the 6:00 news has played on the radio. I LOVE this morning routine with my girls. Lucy sleeps in and gets up about 7:00 - Hope has been out at least a couple of times by then.