Daily Check-In January 18, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-In January 18, 2020

Post by clemencia2us »

I had to change into shorts. Jeans were a tad warm.

It is getting very dark outside. Maybe more rain. We are supposed to get colder.

Will have to put on the jeans again later.

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

alliesmama4 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:12 am
Good morning. We had rough weather yesterday but it was not as bad as I had anticipated. We did have sleet and ice then cold rain. Today just cold rain. Yesterday I had a lovely fire in the fireplace and baked cookies. It was very nice being all cozy in the house.

I lost my computer satellite about 8:30 PM. I assumed it was due to the wind and rain however this morning had a security alert that someone in Virginia had hacked my computer.. How do they do things like that? Anyway spent time getting that cleared up and my account secured again.

This morning I had a nice talk with Katie Owl in Wales. When it is the wee morning hours here she is already in to her day.

Not much planned here due to the rain. I think today I am going to make another pot of hot and sour soup. I have one potato that needs to be used and I am going to make Thai yellow curry served over riced cauliflower from the freezer. Cookies for dessert if they last that long..lol. I will have some of the leftover chili for lunch.

For all of those in need I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a good day everyone.
Janet, I love that you are still in touch with Katie Owl.

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
It's a miserable rainy day here ... we had freezing rain last night, now downpours, then the temperature is supposed to drop into the teens. But better than snow.

My head is really stuffy, don't know if I've come down with something or it's the weather. I slept through the alarm this morning, which is really unusual.

Anyway, very good news. SIL had surgery yesterday. No sign of cancer, so we're all breathing a sigh of relief.

Mackie, a bit late in replying, but seriously ... I think you dodged a bullet on that job. And honestly, I think the job market is weird all over ...

Today, I have things to do ... not a lot of motivation to do them. Maybe one small thing at a time.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good afternoon.

A little late but I am here. :D

Frigid outside today, snow expected to start anytime now with 2 to 4 inches expected in my area before it changes to rain around midnight. Like HappyDaze I can't risk falling as I can't lose any more tendons in my left arm.

New computer is up and running. Some differences, but I'll get use to them.

Found a whole stack of paper notes I had written. Will be going through them shortly after I finish posting. Several appear to be User names and passwords, so I will check then against my password book and update if necessary. Last night I finished the color charts for the newest set of pencils I have. Since there is no class on Monday, I hope to use the time to pick on some new techniques.

Tonight I will make a hamburger, potato and finish the asparagus I started last night. They were so good for a change.

Have a good day and stay safe.

jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good afternoon all,

I was up at a decent time, but the weather is so awful I haven't got diddly squat done.
Floors duster ran and kitchen cleaned but nothing extra...need to get something done but the motivation just isn't there KWIM?

I should make bread ….we shall see.

The farthest I've gone today is out with my dog, and he doesn't like this weather either.
'Pork and kraut with mashed potatoes for lunch and who knows what for supper.
There's always Netflix...
JCKitty

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ChristmasTrees wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:25 pm
Janet, I love that you are still in touch with Katie Owl.
I am too. Things are not that great in Wales but she and her family are working through things. I have made a lot of friends through her in Wales. We talk daily. Even her Mum friended me.. Some year I would love to go meet all of them in person. My grandfather came from Wales. I have been there twice but at the time did not know Kate then. It would be so lovely to go to Wales and the UK to meet Rinty too. A person can dream and hopefully they will come true.
Janet Alliesmama