Daily Check-In January 18, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-In January 18, 2020

Post by alliesmama4 »

LWolfT wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:45 pm
Good morning ...
It's a miserable rainy day here ... we had freezing rain last night, now downpours, then the temperature is supposed to drop into the teens. But better than snow.

My head is really stuffy, don't know if I've come down with something or it's the weather. I slept through the alarm this morning, which is really unusual.

Anyway, very good news. SIL had surgery yesterday. No sign of cancer, so we're all breathing a sigh of relief.

Mackie, a bit late in replying, but seriously ... I think you dodged a bullet on that job. And honestly, I think the job market is weird all over ...

Today, I have things to do ... not a lot of motivation to do them. Maybe one small thing at a time.
Wolf that is great news about your DSIL. Also seems your DBIL is on the mend too. Hopefully things will continue well for both of them.
Janet Alliesmama

littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Frugal Friends,

Like Mackie says it's cold and raining in Tennessee. I am in the middle and shes in the eastern part of the state so God must be blessing us all over the state. :lol: :lol: It didn't rain yesterday and I meant to bring in some firewood for the week-end, but I didn't do it. Now I can't have a fire to fight off the dreary day.

I finished up my biscuits for breakfast this morning and I have really enjoyed them. I will go back to my fried and scrambled eggs next week as I need the protein.

I had errands that needed to be done today, but with it pouring buckets I want be going out unless it stops and even then I don't know if I will attempt it because the parking lots are slippery. I have enough here at home to keep me busy all day.

I didn't use to do much in the way of chores on Saturday or Sunday, but now I have to in order to keep up the housework weekly. I lose 3 days a week with dialysis. I am adjusting however and with cutting back on the times that a floor is swiffered, washing,dusting and vacuuming less I have things more under control now. If I do anything on Sunday it's cooking for the coming week and pre-made meals are a god send during the week.

Mr. B's son came and stayed last week with him so I didn't talk to him much at night. They stayed so busy so it was just a quick check-in with each other. I realized that we spend a lot of time on the phone, but I'm not giving that up....some housework will have to go undone. I believe Logic said, "we don't have to please anyone, but ourselves. That is my feelings too. I enjoy housework, but talking to him brings me pure joy. I guess his son talked to his sister about us and she told him that she guessed she was going to have to change her feelings about me. She told him that she had never seen her Daddy any happier and since this relationship has lasted for 2 years now she doesn't think I'm going away. That's a back door compliment - I think.

I have put away all Christmas Decorations except dissembling my big tree in the living room. I can't take it apart myself so DSIL will have to do it for me and he's been working crazy hours since the holidays. I turn on the lights and enjoy it with no ornaments on it, it's not a terrible eyesore then. He says he should be able to do it this next week.

I have a load of linens in the washer and this is only my second load of clothes to wash this week. The first part of the week, I did tops, pj's, bra's and panties. I have enough jeans that I can wash them every 3 weeks and with wearing them 2 or 3 times I can stretch that wash out. All of you may be doing this already, but if you hang up your clothes to dry then make sure when they go in the washer they are turned inside out. I have a tendency to get mine turned on the inside and since I'm hanging almost all my tops it is hard to turn them while they are wet.

I bought me an inexpensive microwave cover at Bed-Bath & Beyond so when I am warming food it doesn't spatter inside the microwave. The microwave just requires wiping out now instead of scrubbing to remove hard food particles. It's like a light bulb moment, don't know why I didn't think of that years ago.
Being alone, I use my microwave so much for reheating.

Hope everyone is having a great day and hope next week brings nothing but blessing.

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Thanks, LWolfT, I think I dodged a bullet too. It was just too strange all around.

Last night I applied for a part-time office position with the housing authority just about the second it came online, so I have fingers crossed. The pay is decent, the hours good, and the location is not too far from my house. Hoping this works . :-D
Mackie

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:00 pm
Thanks, LWolfT, I think I dodged a bullet too. It was just too strange all around.

Last night I applied for a part-time office position with the housing authority just about the second it came online, so I have fingers crossed. The pay is decent, the hours good, and the location is not too far from my house. Hoping this works . :-D
Mackie just said a quick prayer that you will get this job. Maybe this is the right one for you..
Janet Alliesmama

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

HappyDaze wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:21 am
Good Morning Janet, DG, Florida, Clem, Jackie and everyone! The snow is coming down fast and furious - that heavy, wet kind that makes everything slippery. My walk to the library was slow and careful!

The dogs let me sleep late this morning - my feet didn't hit the floor until 7:48!!! I should have known they were up to something! I forgot to put up the baby gates that keep them out of the other part of the house at night - and I woke up to find all the slip covers off the furniture - in the living room and in the sitting area I have in my dining room!!!

Got that mess fixed and put the dogs out and back in several times. Fed the outside cats and had breakfast (breakfast potatoes and a bowl of cereal) and a lot of coffee. It was tempting to stay home on this blustrey day but walking to the library accomplishes a lot - gets me some exercise in the fresh air and allows me to earn a couple of dollars doing some surveys, etc. Tomorrow will be a "hunker down at home day" so it's all good.

Too slippery to risk walking the dogs today. They will have to settle for being tied on their run in the back lawn. I will NOT risk a fall - if I'm hurt they won't get any walks at all.

Off to browse the forum and get to work on those surveys. Bill paying and some errands later today. Take care friends.
Your dogs antics crack me up!!!

ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

LWolfT wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:45 pm
Good morning ...
It's a miserable rainy day here ... we had freezing rain last night, now downpours, then the temperature is supposed to drop into the teens. But better than snow.

My head is really stuffy, don't know if I've come down with something or it's the weather. I slept through the alarm this morning, which is really unusual.

Anyway, very good news. SIL had surgery yesterday. No sign of cancer, so we're all breathing a sigh of relief.

Mackie, a bit late in replying, but seriously ... I think you dodged a bullet on that job. And honestly, I think the job market is weird all over ...

Today, I have things to do ... not a lot of motivation to do them. Maybe one small thing at a time.
That is such good news about your SIL!