Daily Check-In January 20, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-In January 20, 2020

Post by ChristmasTrees »

mbrudnic wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:26 am
Good Morning folks,

Well, never say never. I have been saying that I really had no interest in buy a place to live. I like the convenience of renting. But yesterday I was presented an offer that I have to consider. My DDIL's Grandmother owns a condo that she has been renting out. Her long time renter (12 years) just moved out of town. It is near DS1's house, closer to my office and further away from my parents. It is 2 bed, 2 bath. Built about 1990. C is going to remodel it. And C does things nicely. I am cash poor, so will not have the ability to save up for a down payment for the next 2 years as my extra $$ is earmarked for DS2's education. So DDIL texted me last night that C is willing to do a lease to own option for me. She quoted a rent amount that is about 2/3rd of what I pay in rent.

I was able to find a similar unit in the complex for sale and the asking price is reasonable. The down side, no garage. I was requested to let C know by April. I have to seriously consider it. They understand that my current lease goes until September.

IN frugal practice, or rather not, I took a trip to Target and picked up some random items and spent way more than I even had a notion. Plan, Maggie, Plan. I got a new yoga mat with a carrier, a t-shirt, paper towels...

Have a great day,
Maggie
Maggie, Good luck with your decision!

ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

I posted a great deal on yarn over in the "freebies and deals" folder. :D
ohjodi

MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Update: I really liked the ear-nose and throat doc. He managed to look up the last head scan I had done for the intracranial hypertension in November and get a nice look at my sinuses too, thus saving me about $1K. Did run a scope up my nose, but the final outcome is good and he thinks I have allergies. I'll get allergy testing done in about two weeks and see where things go from there.

We already know I am slightly allergic to dogs and quite allergic to mold (the church I worked at had a serious mold problem from the leaking roof), so it will be interesting to see if anything else turns up.

He also gave me a neti pot and the salt powder for it, although I had to buy a big jug of distilled water on the way home. Only 99 cents for the water, so that's pretty cool.
Mackie

gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

ChristmasTrees wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:14 pm
Gayle Honey, You don't feel like celebrating because you have had the stuffing knocked out of you! My last chemo was the worst. At that point your body just can't take it anymore. REST. You WILL start to feel better...but it takes time. Your body has a lot of rebuilding to do...it can't be hurried. Be patient...and REST!
I think I can handle Resting as long as I am allowed to do it by my family. Today I alternatively have slept on couch and rested on my bed, hugged at odd times by dd6.

You are Right! I need to be patient!!

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:58 pm
Update: I really liked the ear-nose and throat doc. He managed to look up the last head scan I had done for the intracranial hypertension in November and get a nice look at my sinuses too, thus saving me about $1K. Did run a scope up my nose, but the final outcome is good and he thinks I have allergies. I'll get allergy testing done in about two weeks and see where things go from there.

We already know I am slightly allergic to dogs and quite allergic to mold (the church I worked at had a serious mold problem from the leaking roof), so it will be interesting to see if anything else turns up.

He also gave me a neti pot and the salt powder for it, although I had to buy a big jug of distilled water on the way home. Only 99 cents for the water, so that's pretty cool.

That is great that the Dr was able to save you money by using your other test.

Good luck with your allergy test.

Let me know how you feel about the neti pot. I have a lot of sinus problems and thought about the neti pot just not sure how I would feel with water going through my nose and sinus's
Last edited by alliesmama4 on Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet Alliesmama

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:11 am
If the leaky gut diet works for you, great. I hope you find some relief.
Thanks Gayle.
Janet Alliesmama