January 21 2020 Daily check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

January 21 2020 Daily check-in

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I’m wide awake so might as well start the check in.

gaylejackson2

Re: January 21 2020 Daily check-in

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Its not that I won't be able to sleep, I will in a bit, but my back & joints hurt badly right now. Thank you chemo.

I’m eating cottage cheese & drinking gatorade with my pain pill, then I’ll go lay down again. I’ll likely miss seeing my kids before they go to school, but the pain is intense and I want relief.

Did Not knit yesterday. Did figure out my stitches, and about how often I want a decrease-I think, and considered that good enough. I hope to start that decrease today, then knit several inches of stockinette for my collar.

A knitting-spinning group friend came by yesterday bearing a lovely large warm hand-knit shawl, and a braid of roving from another friend. 😍😍 I love these kinds of gifts!!💗

We had bought an iPhone SE for ds15’s Christmas gift. Oh that thing has been No End of problems!!! We are going to mail it back to Amazon, and he gets Dh’s old iPhone 7 instead. I’ll package that up later today.

I hope to change my sheets today, and rearrange my foam padding. Those two things, plus building a fire more be the full extent of my energy today (along with a couple of phone calls).

mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

I was able to report my garage door mal-function to the office yesterday. I think they came and looked at it since I could see the light on. Today I need to drop my car off at the body shop and pick up the rental car there.

I plan to go to yoga tonight (included in my Y membership) for needed exercise. Meals will be from home.

Have a great day,
Maggie

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

I started a letter to the Parish Council on Sunday, explaining what is happening here. I only want to explain once, but have a feeling I should talk to someone higher up about it first. I may make a dash to the church and speak to C about this first. I really want them to all know that there could be times I am just not there and the reason behind those disappearances. Our Council meeting is for tonight and I want to get it cleared up. Yesterday I spoke to our neighbour about it, just in case things are coming to a head here and people in the community talking about it. Pretty sure that some people already know or have put things together. Now I need it out in the open, as oldest DS says "shine a light on hate in order to make it disappear". Wish me luck frugal friends.

On to the frugal pursuits of the day.

I need to bake bread at some point this morning and will start it as soon as I finish this post. The clothing downstairs on the lines will need to be folded, and I will have to help Hubby move the furniture around (more or less just hold things steady while he pushes or wiggles it forward). I am hoping we can get away with one coat of paint, but I have a feeling there will need to be two coats done. Hubby plans on taping this morning and hopefully starting to paint in the afternoon.

I do have some mending to accomplish, just a hem that is falling down on a pair of Hubby's pants, no ironing however so that is a change.

I want to start on some lists for next month (goals and extra cleaning) and see if I can fit in a mop and sweep downstairs (if not there is always tomorrow). Cleaning Hubby's man cave is always in order.

I have thought some about adding to my knitting pattern collection, but I really think I just might wait a bit and then perhaps once my knitting machine is in its place start to download a few easy machine knitting patterns. The main problem is that where I wanted it just is not long enough so today I am rethinking my sewing/craft room set up. There could be some big changes involved.

The rest of the morning and afternoon will be filled with the usual frugal happenings and of course use it ups. This years temperature blanket is not using up big chunks of the leftover yarn. I hope that these little colour changes manage to make at least a largish dent in the bag.

Meeting tonight will take some time. Father A is back from his holiday and we had no meeting last month, I have a feeling this could be a long one.

Supper this evening is going to be a bag of leftover beef roast. Not too sure if I will make a casserole out of it or something suitable to eat on toast. I do know that the remains of the coleslaw from last night will be served alongside whatever I choose to make.

Today I am grateful for quiet mornings and good rests at night.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.

floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

Jackie, good for you for addressing your church issues.

Gayle, easy does it to regain your strength but you made it through surgery, chemo and the after effects and you are now looking ahead.

Quilter, thanks for the tip on The Code. It looks good and I added it to my Netflix list. (There is another CBS show called The Code that is totally different but I found the correct one.) I did see that the Secret City actor Anna Torv who I like a lot is on Mindhunter. Next on my list to watch is Bodyguard, a UK show with six episodes.

I hope that IC and her DH are doing as well as possible.

We haven’t heard from Creative in a few days and I think she is going through a difficult stretch but she is a strong lady. I’m thinking of you, Creative.

I have a doctor appointment this a.m. It is a chilly morning but nice and sunny. The birds are out in full force cleaning out the feeder.

Yesterday I checked on the wine I want to buy for my friend’s dinner. Publix only had one bottle of Tempranillo. I wrote it down and checked reviews and it is OK but I’ve found a better one on the wine store website for only $1 more ($9.99). So I’ll stop there on the way home from the doctor.

I did a lot of trimming in the yard yesterday, mostly the bougainvillea and the plants (some of which I don’t know) in the rock garden.

This afternoon I’m going to try to get back to knitting the socks. I got frustrated at the part where you pick up stitches.

Have a good day and stay warm.

Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

floridacatlover wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:36 am
Good morning friends.

Jackie, good for you for addressing your church issues.

Gayle, easy does it to regain your strength but you made it through surgery, chemo and the after effects and you are now looking ahead.

Quilter, thanks for the tip on The Code. It looks good and I added it to my Netflix list. (There is another CBS show called The Code that is totally different but I found the correct one.) I did see that the Secret City actor Anna Torv who I like a lot is on Mindhunter. Next on my list to watch is Bodyguard, a UK show with six episodes.

I hope that IC and her DH are doing as well as possible.

We haven’t heard from Creative in a few days and I think she is going through a difficult stretch but she is a strong lady. I’m thinking of you, Creative.

I have a doctor appointment this a.m. It is a chilly morning but nice and sunny. The birds are out in full force cleaning out the feeder.

Yesterday I checked on the wine I want to buy for my friend’s dinner. Publix only had one bottle of Tempranillo. I wrote it down and checked reviews and it is OK but I’ve found a better one on the wine store website for only $1 more ($9.99). So I’ll stop there on the way home from the doctor.

I did a lot of trimming in the yard yesterday, mostly the bougainvillea and the plants (some of which I don’t know) in the rock garden.

This afternoon I’m going to try to get back to knitting the socks. I got frustrated at the part where you pick up stitches.

Have a good day and stay warm.
Bodyguard is good. The Code was just okay in my books, but you may enjoy it. I don't know if you have watched it or not but Line of Duty is good, The Dublin Murders as well (we get it on Canadian Netflix so you should as well).