Daily Check In January 22, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In January 22, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Starting us off. Back ASAP
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In January 22, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Yesterday was lovely, as the temperature got above freezing. It is not supposed to be quite that warm again for awhile, but we will take what we can get as far as warmth at this time of year. It seems like this year my temperature blanket is going to be one line of knitted colour at a time for the most part.

I have a few appointments today, first off the stylists for a haircut this morning and then mid afternoon a visit to the doctor's. When this happens it seems like I don't get much of anything completed around the house. My list is fairly short however so I am thinking I just might manage to get all done, the only thing that will suffer is the fun stuff like knitting, sewing, or watching Hubby paint (just kidding).

I really enjoyed being out in the fresh air yesterday and while the weather is to it I plan on taking short walks every day (yesterday I actually had three such occur). I still will do the majority of my walking inside on the treadmill or following a video on YouTube, but getting out and about is so nice.

Since I will be out and about I figure I may as well do all the errands so that I can stick close to home tomorrow. That means I will do the shopping today as well. Combining errands saves me time and money so I will continue to do so. I just need to remember to take out the reusable shopping bags.

Since I won't be having a no spend day today, and both of us will have been pretty darn busy, I think supper out would be a lovely thing. We haven't had date night in awhile or celebrated our anniversary because of the frigid temperatures, so tonight is the night. Then I will come home and give our oldest DS a call (we talked via text last night) and see how things are going.

Today I am grateful that I can take a walk outside and not worry about frost bite.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning friends.

It is a chilly morning here for Florida (mid-30s) but we are expecting a rapid warm-up to the mid- to high-50s. That’s it for our cold spell.

This morning I’m going to the military research workshop at the genealogy society. My dad was not military because he had polio. But I have three uncles to research, two who were in WW2 and one in the Korean War. I already have some info on one of the ones in WW2. I’ll take my iPad to follow along at the workshop.

After the workshop I may go by mom’s house. The only plants that might be damaged are Kalanchoe. Mom loved them. In most parts of the country they are house plants but here they grow outside. I thought about covering them but they are in three separate gardens. They spread on their own and they are just getting ready to flower. The garden near the front door is on the north side.

This evening is the dinner with friend from 40 years ago and Michigan friend. We all worked together. Michigan friend’s DH will be there, too. I’ve known him “forever” since he was in grad school and often stopped by our office. I was able to get the wine yesterday.

I watched the first episode of Bodyguard last night. Really exciting so far. I went to bed early because slept poorly the previous night. Last night I got a good rest.

Have a cozy, healthy day.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning from "frosty" Florida,

It was near freezing last night here in Central Florida. But my efforts to prepare the house seemed to work. The heat only came on about 6 times all night and I didn't even drop the house thermostat as I would have in the past. I did put up the northeast wooden storm windows during the afternoon. I covered my tomato plants and brought in the potted plants. All my tomato plants had tomatoes on them. They say plants will drop their fruit prematurely at these temperatures. We will see.

Yesterday, I cooked down a turkey carcass for soup. There wasn't much meat on the carcass. I cleaned the meat off it and tossed the bones. Today, I will add a chicken carcass and later another turkey carcass from a turkey I will debone today. Tomorrow is garbage day and I plan to get all the bones done by then. It will remain cool enough to make soup a good meal. I buy several whole frozen turkeys on sale cheap for Thanksgiving and leave them frozen in my freezer. Now I will cut this one into roasts, make soup and have nice warm meals for the rest of our short winter.

Tomorrow, I have my eye injection and I will feel poorly for a day after. Tonight, I plan to crock pot cook some of the turkey I remove from the whole thawed turkey and so I will have leftovers and soup for tomorrow when I don't feel like cooking.

Today, I am grateful for a warm house. Have a good day all.
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I baked oatmeal blueberry muffins for breakfast this morning. I had two for breakfast this morning.

I finished my sweater last night. I finally got the buttons on about 9 pm. Pictures after my camera is charged. Beverly knows how to use a camera not an iPhone camera.

I also called both my senators and let them know my opinion re the impeachment trial. I also reminded them of their oath and how history will judge them.

Penny
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by Dgflorida » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:45 am

Good morning from "frosty" Florida,

It was near freezing last night here in Central Florida. But my efforts to prepare the house seemed to work. The heat only came on about 6 times all night and I didn't even drop the house thermostat as I would have in the past. I did put up the northeast wooden storm windows during the afternoon. I covered my tomato plants and brought in the potted plants. All my tomato plants had tomatoes on them. They say plants will drop their fruit prematurely at these temperatures. We will see.

Yesterday, I cooked down a turkey carcass for soup. There wasn't much meat on the carcass. I cleaned the meat off it and tossed the bones. Today, I will add a chicken carcass and later another turkey carcass from a turkey I will debone today. Tomorrow is garbage day and I plan to get all the bones done by then. It will remain cool enough to make soup a good meal. I buy several whole frozen turkeys on sale cheap for Thanksgiving and leave them frozen in my freezer. Now I will cut this one into roasts, make soup and have nice warm meals for the rest of our short winter.

Tomorrow, I have my eye injection and I will feel poorly for a day after. Tonight, I plan to crock pot cook some of the turkey I remove from the whole thawed turkey and so I will have leftovers and soup for tomorrow when I don't feel like cooking.

Today, I am grateful for a warm house. Have a good day all.
If you have a pressure cooker, you can then take those bones and some of your broth cook them on high pressure for 10 minutes and you will have even richer broth.

Penny