Daily Check-In January 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-In January 23, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Starting us off.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check-In January 23, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all, well hopefully anyway.

Woke to a phone call this morning about 3:30A from my sister. Had to call an ambulance for her husband as he was speaking "gibberish". Don't know if it's a stroke or some other form of TIA. As much as she complains my heart goes out to her. Not only is she having to go through this situation with her husband but she has to fight with her daughter and her daughter's "father of her baby roommate" so that she can go to the hospital to be with her husband but instead has to look after the baby. I'm so ticked at those 2 that I'd like to kick them both in the rear end.

I know she has to try to remain positive about things but he's not good and this kind of thing can start happening more frequently (or not) but she has to prepare herself for it. It's not going to be easy. I know how I felt watching our mother go down hill on a daily basis. It may come to a point where he's going to need full time care that she herself can't provide and she's going to have to place him in a nursing home and that will kill them both. I know because that's how I felt when I was forced to place mom.

So that all has placed a damper on today.

I will be out for a while this morning as I will be going for a haircut and then I have to pick up a few groceries. Not sure how to plan at the moment as my sister may need me to be there.

Well that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:07 am Good morning all, well hopefully anyway.

Woke to a phone call this morning about 3:30A from my sister. Had to call an ambulance for her husband as he was speaking "gibberish". Don't know if it's a stroke or some other form of TIA. As much as she complains my heart goes out to her. Not only is she having to go through this situation with her husband but she has to fight with her daughter and her daughter's "father of her baby roommate" so that she can go to the hospital to be with her husband but instead has to look after the baby. I'm so ticked at those 2 that I'd like to kick them both in the rear end.

I know she has to try to remain positive about things but he's not good and this kind of thing can start happening more frequently (or not) but she has to prepare herself for it. It's not going to be easy. I know how I felt watching our mother go down hill on a daily basis. It may come to a point where he's going to need full time care that she herself can't provide and she's going to have to place him in a nursing home and that will kill them both. I know because that's how I felt when I was forced to place mom.

So that all has placed a damper on today.

I will be out for a while this morning as I will be going for a haircut and then I have to pick up a few groceries. Not sure how to plan at the moment as my sister may need me to be there.

Well that's all for now. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
So sorry to read about your BIL. I will keep your family in my prayers.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Diagnosis is in and it was a stroke, a blood clot blockage in the speech area. They are right now in the process of trying to see if they can clear it out. Now it's a sit and wait.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites (or is it really)

I did not sleep well last night. Hubby has our bedroom pulled apart to paint so yours truly slept in the room youngest DS uses when he is home and Hubby slept on the couch in the basement man cave. I tossed and turned most of the night (I will get the results from my watch when I sync it with my phone). Now I don't know if it is exactly the bed or if it is the fact that after 44 years of sleeping in the same bed, I need Hubby beside me to get a good sleep. Which ever it is I will be having another restless night or two yet.

It looks like we will be having another lovely day. Hopefully this means two walks for me in the fresh air. I do have to walk slower because of the ice and slippery sections, but I feel so much better for having fresh air. Hopefully two walks today. One this morning and then a shorter one when I go and get the mail. Love me some outside walking.

We went out for our delayed anniversary meal last night. I picked Chinese, mainly because we only have it on my birthday or anniversary. Another strong pull towards this meal is the leftovers. We will be eating off them for days. For sure I will not be cooking tonight. Love that.

Frugal happenings around here will be painting and repairing a bit of flooring by ourselves. Well that will be Hubby's frugal donation, me well I will be working on next months menu and packaging up the on sale ground meat I purchased yesterday and working on my knitted prayer shawl. I want that completed very soon (so I can actually start on the next and use up even more yarn).

Hopefully after the household chore list is completed I will be able to do some drastic moving around of sewing machines and get the knitting machine set up and ready to have a practice run. It is way longer than I had thought once put together so I really need a longer table or counter space to hook it to and have it sit properly. This will in fact take some major rearranging and cord changing. Should be interesting to say the least.

Supper tonight will be leftover Chinese food (you guessed right).

Today I am grateful that things are smoothing out for oldest, may it be smoother sailing for the next little while.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

LogicsHere wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:52 am Diagnosis is in and it was a stroke, a blood clot blockage in the speech area. They are right now in the process of trying to see if they can clear it out. Now it's a sit and wait.
I will keep praying that things work out.
Jackie