Daily Check-In January 23, 2020

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check-In January 23, 2020

Post by LogicsHere »

Little Miss, JC Kitty

Thank you for your prayers. They are very much appreciated.

LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Allies,

Yes, my sister and her husband have always had a hard life but they created it. Despite her husband having to have a heart valve replaced back in 1995 and his family having a history of heart problems, they failed to save anything. So many of their struggles have been of their own making.

I am weary as I'm basically the person who listens to everything over and over and over again and it wears me out emotionally. She's called me at least 6 times today and I do understand, but I can't not answer the phone because I know how desperate she is and how helpless she is feeling. She has asked me what does she do now, and all I could really tell her is that there isn't anything she can do right now because we don't know how it all turned out yet. It still could be hours before he really comes out of it. The last report was that he had said a few words but still some were coming out as gibberish and that he has been trying to keep getting out of bed, but that still could be the result of the anesthesia. Yet with all the other drugs he's on, it's hard to say. Knowing how anesthesia affected my mother, it scares me to death but I have to try to be strong for her sake. It will be a wait and see.

I offered to come down and she's said no (for right now), but if she does need me I told her just to call me and say I need you here.

colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hello All -
Happy Birthday Friend Janet!!!! May you have many more.

Logics - I am so sorry you are coping with another family crisis - you are in my prayers.

Not much going on here. I am hunkered down out of the cold and away from germs. I don't want to be sick again. I am sitting out watch the impeachment - I just get too upset and depressed, so I have not even turned it on. I do read news updates and that is bad enough. I never thought I would live to the things like this go on in the USA. So awful.

Hubs had to get out in our snow/sleet situation and give a deposition for a lawsuit. He was the mine examiner that wrote the report on the accident. His former company was totally at fault in their rush to put safety over speed and profit. The poor guy has a head injury and now only reads and writes on a first grade level. Hubs said all he could do was answer the questions and be honest. But another reminder to count our blessings.

We have found a condo we like - actually would be perfect for us and the price is right. We may go see it on Saturday. It needs work - every room is covered with the most hideous wallpaper and it has carpet, which is not my favorite. All cosmetic stuff - but still pricey. It is about 20 minutes from my niece and great niece and 15 from my best friend. It is next to a golf course so it looks out on woods but is in town where we could have anything delivered if we were feeling unwell. The parking is in the basement but they provide grocery carts, so you just pull in your space, grab a cart and go to the elevator & take your groceries upstairs. There is enough room for our furniture and everything is on one level. We could live there as long as we could manage for ourselves.
We will see what happens.

Have a great day all!

itspennyc

Post by itspennyc »

by alliesmama4 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:26 am

Good morning.. We had ice earlier and my computer satellite was iced over and I could not get on line. Then around 9:00 AM it warmed up a few degrees and was able to get on line. Now we have lovely big fluffy snow flakes. I love watching snow fall!

Today I turned 75! That is three quarters of century! Whoa..lol. Considering my medical history I am doing amazingly well for any age.

I saw my new ophthalmologist yesterday. I like her a lot. My eye Drs office has changed hands so many times and I did not like the last Dr I had. Anyway she is going to be my new and permanent eye Dr. I do have cataracts, which I was aware of, and they need to be removed some time in the near future. So I will be seeing a cataract surgeon next week. From what I hear from friends and family the surgery is a breeze compared to back in the olden days so lets get this over with as soon as possible.

Yesterday after the eye Dr appointment my aide and I stopped at a local family restaurant to celebrate our birthdays. We always go Dutch Treat but it is nice to go out and enjoy a meal and causal conversation. Then we stopped at Ruler which was just down the road. I needed some fresh food items and bird food. Then home to unload things, rest for a while, and then after she left I went back in to town. I went to the bank and Petco. Teddi would run out of his fresh dog food during the coming week-end and I did not want to have to mush in to town to get him more. We are expecting a repeat of this weather tomorrow in to Saturday. After Petco swung by Big Lots to see if they had any rice wine vinegar. They did so great. Also looked around and found some other food items that I will need for my leaky gut diet ie coconut water and jasmine rice to name a few things. Then I decided to be bad and went by KFC to buy some chicken for my dinner last night and have leftovers for lunch today. I figured the lunch I had was not gluten free so may as well eat KFC and endure the same symptom's all at one time. Also sort of a last meal that has gluten. I do not have celiac disease like Gayle and Sandi but I do react to gluten by sever itching and muscle pain which I medicate with generic benadryl and tylenol.

Came home and found a package in my mailbox from my nephew in Tennessee. He had sent me some books for my birthday. Last year one of the books was the first in the series of Game of Thrones and this year it was the second book in the series. Also a book about Elizabeth the I of England by Allison Weir. A favorite subject of mine written by one of my favorite authors. We have always related well on our love of history and fact or fiction enjoy reading about them. When he lived here we use to trade our books back and forth. Then to top things off my niece in Arizona called to wish me an early happy birthday. She would be unable to talk to me today due to her schedule. We talked for hours like we always do. We consider each other BFF. I am just 13 years older than she is and we are actually closer than my DS and I ever were.

So today home alone but happy and content. I did open a birthday card from my brother and DSIL this morning. He had given it to me in Dec at Christmas time but it had "Do No Open Until January 23rd." There was an extremely generous cash gift inside. I had told them no more presents but cash is good...lol. He had anticipated being in Mexico for my birthday but due to his DD needing him here he is not going to Mexico this year.
Janet Alliesmama
Happy Birthday

Penny

alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

colonialgirl wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:35 pm
Hello All -
Happy Birthday Friend Janet!!!! May you have many more.

Logics - I am so sorry you are coping with another family crisis - you are in my prayers.

Not much going on here. I am hunkered down out of the cold and away from germs. I don't want to be sick again. I am sitting out watch the impeachment - I just get too upset and depressed, so I have not even turned it on. I do read news updates and that is bad enough. I never thought I would live to the things like this go on in the USA. So awful.

Hubs had to get out in our snow/sleet situation and give a deposition for a lawsuit. He was the mine examiner that wrote the report on the accident. His former company was totally at fault in their rush to put safety over speed and profit. The poor guy has a head injury and now only reads and writes on a first grade level. Hubs said all he could do was answer the questions and be honest. But another reminder to count our blessings.

We have found a condo we like - actually would be perfect for us and the price is right. We may go see it on Saturday. It needs work - every room is covered with the most hideous wallpaper and it has carpet, which is not my favorite. All cosmetic stuff - but still pricey. It is about 20 minutes from my niece and great niece and 15 from my best friend. It is next to a golf course so it looks out on woods but is in town where we could have anything delivered if we were feeling unwell. The parking is in the basement but they provide grocery carts, so you just pull in your space, grab a cart and go to the elevator & take your groceries upstairs. There is enough room for our furniture and everything is on one level. We could live there as long as we could manage for ourselves.
We will see what happens.

Have a great day all!
Lynn Thanks for the Happy Birthday.. I do plan on a lot more.lol.

Good luck with your condo viewing. We are having yucky weather down here today in to tomorrow not sure how well that would fit in to your drive down here. It is mostly wet sloppy snow right now but should melt off by the week-end.
Janet Alliesmama

LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good evening ...
In the 40s and rain on the way. Been a couple of overcast days otherwise.

Janet, Happy Birthday 🎈🎈🎈

Logics, prayers going out for your family.

Had a lovely day Tuesday ... lunch with a visiting relative, later saw "Doolittle" at the movies. My back didn't like the seating arrangements and let me know about it on Wednesday. Doing much better today, made a short grocery run with DH. Otherwise, dinner is in the oven, and we'll find something to watch on Netflix ...

CG and Maggie ... good luck on your housing decisions.